Say Yes

Love In The Ice

“I-I was actually wondering if you would…would want to go to the dance with me…as my date?” Nana nervously asked Lizzy.

Lizzy looked at Nana in shock. Did she just ask me to be her date to the dance? She thought.

“You don’t have to if you don’t want to,” Nana quickly added.

Lizzy stared at the once confident girl in front of her. She looked so nervous it was unbelievable. Lizzy found Nana’s nervousness to be cute. She smiled at Nana and put her hair behind her ear.

“I’ll be your date, on one condition,” Lizzy said suddenly bursting with confidence.

“Anything,” Nana replied.

Lizzy crossed one leg over the other.

“You have to sign a contract and follow all the rules on it for that night,” she told her.

Nana laughed, “Of course. I’ll do it. It’s only fair.”

“Good.” Lizzy smirked.

Nana was surprised by Lizzy’s sudden confidence. She found it very attractive.

“I’ll write up the contract soon and give it to you once it’s done,” she said.

Nana nodded.

“Are you a good dancer?” Nana asked.

“Sort of. I’m not the best but I’m not horrible either,” Lizzy responded. “How about you?”

“I’m good,” Nana simply replied.

“Show me a few moves then if you’re so good.”

Nana smirked. “Okay, just for you.”

Lizzy felt her face heat up at her response.

Nana pulled out her phone and put on an upbeat song. She stood up and started to dance. Lizzy couldn’t keep her eyes off of her. She was mesmerized. Wow, Nana is so amazing at dancing, she thought. Nana noticed how dazed Lizzy was. She danced over to her and grabbed her hand. Lizzy protested except Nana pulled her up.

“Come on Lizzy, dance!” she yelled over the music.

Lizzy laughed and began to move to the beat. Soon they were jumping and dancing around the room while singing at the top of their lungs. It was the most fun they’ve both had in a long time. Once they were all tired out Nana turned down the music and they were both lying on Lizzy’s bed breathless.

“That was fun,” Lizzy said catching her breath.

“It really was,” Nana agreed.

“You better be that fun at the dance,” Lizzy said.

“Trust me, I’ll be the craziest person there.” Nana winked.

“Nana.”

Nana turned to face Lizzy.

“I found your notebook the other day when I was cleaning the room. I was curious to know what was inside and I found a lot of beautiful drawings,” she paused, “one drawing really stood out.”

“Which drawing?” Nana asked.

“It was a side-profile of a girl.”

“Why’d it stand out?”

“It looked like me…” she trailed off.

“That’s because it is you,” Nana said frankly.

“Why would you draw me though?”

Nana shrugged. “I needed something to draw.”

Lizzy knew Nana wasn’t telling the truth but she let it slide, she knew Nana wouldn’t give her an honest answer.

“Well, I’m flattered. The drawing is beautiful,” Lizzy complimented.

Nana looked at Lizzy and smiled.

“That’s because I had someone beautiful to draw.”