I'm Not Your Slave

Love In The Ice

Once the school day was over Nana and Raina headed to the Student Council room. Seohyun, E-young and Kaeun were waiting outside. No one was allowed in the room until Nana entered, those were the rules. Nana unlocked the door and they all entered. Once everyone was seated at the table Nana began to speak.

“So, who has a problem with me?” she asked.

Everyone looked at her with shock ridden faces. They didn’t know how to answer.

“Let me rephrase that. Apparently Secretary Raina has a problem with me. She said I don’t treat you with respect. Does anyone else have a problem with me that they’d like to point out? Feel free to say whatever’s on your mind,” she said devilishly smiling.

“I agree with Raina, you do need to treat us with respect,” Seohyun spoke up.

“Alright, do the two of you agree?” Nana asked E-young and Kaeun.

They nodded their heads nervously.

“Anything else?” she asked looking at the others.

“Yes, stop thinking we’re your slaves. We aren’t,” Raina said.

“Ouch,” Nana said placing a hand on her heart as if she was hurt.

“It’s true though we aren’t your slaves President,” Seohyun repeated.

“And I’m guessing the two of you agree with this as well?” Nana asked E-young and Kaeun again.

They nodded nervously again.

“It’s funny; do you guys actually believe that after telling me this I’ll treat you differently?” Nana laughed.

“Yes, since we all agree that your harsh with us,” Raina said.

“If you all have a problem with me then all of you should resign and I’ll get new people to come take your positions. If you do not wish to resign than keep your mouths shut and deal with it,” Nana said.

“,” Raina said under her breath.

“What did you just say?” Nana asked.

“I called you a ,” Raina said.

“Get out, I never want to see your face here again,” Nana said angrily.

“I never want to see your face again either. So I guess it’s a win-win situation. I’m done with being secretary. I’ll hand in my resignation letter tomorrow,” she said and left.

“Anyone else?” Nana asked vehemently.

They all quickly shook their heads.

“Alright, I’ll choose a new secretary by the end of the week. Do you girls have any suggestions?”

“What about Park Lizzy?” E-young blurted out.

“Park Lizzy? Why?” Nana asked.

“She’s your roommate and she seems responsible and organized…” E-young trailed off.

“Any other suggestions?” Nana asked again.

“No President,” Seohyun said.

After their work was done in the Student Council room, E-young, Kaeun and Seohyun left. Nana remained. She was debating whether or not to make Lizzy secretary or not. Well, I have by the end of the week to choose so that gives me some time to think it over, Nana thought. She finished with her tasks and packed up her belongings and left the room. She walked to her dorm room. Lizzy was already inside.

“Hi,” Nana greeted.

“Hello President,” Lizzy bowed. “Thank you for telling my teacher that I was late because of…” She didn’t finish her sentence.

“Because of me?” Nana finished it for her, arching her eyebrow.

Lizzy blushed. “Why did you do that?” she asked her.

“I didn’t want you to get in trouble,” Nana simply replied.

“Thank you President,” she said again.

Lizzy grabbed her towel and her clothes.

“I’m going to go shower,” she told her.

Nana nodded her head and Lizzy left. On her way down she ran into Raina.

“Oh, Raina unnie,” Lizzy called.

“Hi Lizzy,” Raina waved as she approached her.

“Are you going down to shower?” Lizzy asked.

“Yep!”

They went downstairs to the dorm bathroom.

“How was your day unnie?” Lizzy asked as she was changing out of her clothes.

“It was okay,” she replied.

“Did something happen?”

“Nana and I got into an argument and I resigned as her secretary,” she explained.

“What?! How come?” Lizzy asked shocked.

“We just have different perspectives on things,” Raina shrugged.

“Who’s going to be secretary now?” Lizzy asked as she got out of the change room.

Raina grabbed Lizzy by the arm to pull her closer.

“Seohyun told me that it might be you,” Raina whispered in her ear.

Lizzy pulled back surprised at what Raina said.

“Me?” she said widening her eyes.

Raina nodded.

“Don’t take it even if she offers it to you,” Raina warned.

“Why?”

“She’ll treat you like a slave and make you do everything and anything she wants.”

“But what if she doesn’t?” she asked.

“Trust me, she will,” Raina said.

They went to the showers. This time they showered silently neither of them spoke.

“Unnie, I’m going to leave now. I’ll talk to you later,” Lizzy said as she shut off the water.

“Okay, goodbye Lizzy,” Raina said in the shower beside hers.

After Lizzy changed she headed back to her dorm room. When she entered she saw Nana laying on her bed looking up at the ceiling deep in thought. Lizzy bowed then she sat down on her bed which came in the day before.

“Raina quit being secretary today,” Nana said.

“I know she told me,” Lizzy replied.

“What did she say?”

“She only told me that she resigned that’s all,” Lizzy lied.

“We got into an argument. She told me that I treat her like a slave, that I should respect her and the others, then she had the nerve to call me a ,” Nana said.

“Maybe you two could make-up,” Lizzy suggested.

“I’ve known Raina for a long time. We’ve had small arguments before but nothing like this. I could tell she was dead serious this time. It doesn’t matter to me though,” Nana said brushing it off.

“What are you going to do now?”

“I need to find a new secretary by the end of this week.”

“Do you have any in mind?”

“Only one, but I’m not sure if she’d want to,” she said.

“You should ask her,” Lizzy said.

“Okay,” Nana smirked, “Do you want to be my secretary?”

“I-I don’t know,” Lizzy stuttered.

Nana walked over to Lizzy’s bed and sat beside her. She leaned in close.

“Please be my secretary,” Nana whispered into her ear.

Lizzy’s face heated up. She was blushing real hard. Nana was grinning, she was enjoying this.

“I-I’ll think a-about it,” she stuttered again.

Nana got up and walked over to her bed.

“You have to make a decision by the end of the week.”

Lizzy nodded her head. She was thinking about what Raina had said about Nana. Should I become her secretary? Lizzy asked herself.