Banished

Love In The Ice

“What happened?!” Kahi exclaimed as she rushed over to Lizzy.

She kissed Lizzy’s forehead and turned to Nana.

“What happened?” Kahi asked clenching her teeth angrily.

Nana gulped.

“Well?” Kahi crossed her arms over her chest waiting for an answer.

“These two girls kidnapped Lizzy and tortured her in the school basement. We finally found her and brought her back to our room. She was unconscious so I was waiting for her to wake up before bringing her here,” Nana explained.

“Who are the two girls? Where are they? Why didn’t you tell me right away? Why did they do this?” Kahi asked.

“Hyorin and Jiyeon are their names. I didn’t want to worry you that’s why I didn’t tell you right away,” Nana replied.

“Why did they do this?” Kahi asked.

“Um, they, well, they were jealous that I-I was going to the dance with Lizzy,” Nana stuttered.

Kahi’s eyes widened.

“You’re telling me that my niece is getting bullied because of you?!” Kahi yelled.

Nana stood there scared. She didn’t know what to do or say.

“It’s not her fault auntie. Those two girls were insane,” Lizzy spoke up.

Kahi turned to face Lizzy.

“You are not allowed to be friends with Nana anymore, do you understand me?” Kahi demanded.

“What?” Nana and Lizzy said in unison.

“But, I’m her roommate and I’m part of Student Council,” Lizzy said.

“As of now, you are no longer her roommate,” Kahi stated. She turned to face Nana. “And as for you, I expect a resignation letter from you on my desk by tomorrow morning.”

Nana felt her eyes moisten. Don’t cry, she told herself.

“Yes headmaster,” she managed to say.

“Auntie don’t you think you’re being too irrational,” Lizzy pleaded.

“No. I told Nana that if anything happens to you here there will be consequences,” Kahi said.

"Who will be my roommate?” Lizzy asked.

“You will stay in your room. Nana you will be moving to a different room. Find someone who wants to be your roommate by the end of tomorrow,” Kahi said.

“Yes headmaster,” Nana said as she choked back tears.

“You can go now,” Kahi commanded.

Nana bowed and exited the room. As she walked back to her dorm room her limbs felt weak. She started breathing heavily. She unlocked the door to her room and closed it behind her as she entered. She leaned against the door, slid onto the floor and cried for the rest of night.