The Contract

Love In The Ice

The entire week that followed, Lizzy kept contemplating whether or not she should become Nana’s secretary. Raina kept telling her not to do it but for some reason Lizzy wanted to be Nana’s secretary. In her opinion, Nana wasn’t all that bad. She didn’t seem as bad as how Raina described her to be. In the end though it seemed Lizzy had finally made her choice.

“I want to be your secretary,” she said to Nana who was lying on her bed.

“Do you now?” Nana raised an eyebrow.

“Yes President.”

“Well, that’s good to hear. You’ll start tomorrow. Wake up at 7 a.m. so we can discuss what your tasks will be in the Student Council room,” she informed Lizzy.

“Yes President,” Lizzy said.

The next morning Lizzy’s alarm clock went off at 7 a.m. She groaned as she shut it off and got out of bed. She looked to the other side of the room to see that Nana was already gone. Lizzy quickly got dressed and ran to the Student Council room. She knocked before entering.

“President Nana,” she said as she bowed.

“Oh will you look at that my new secretary is here on time.” Nana smiled at her.

Lizzy sat down at the table. Nana handed her a bunch of papers.

“What are these?” Lizzy asked as she skimmed through them.

“You can read, can’t you?”

Lizzy read the papers, they were mostly forms she needed to sign and her schedule.

“When should I return these forms by?” Lizzy asked.

“Well the contract should be signed right now,” Nana said.

“Contract?” Lizzy asked confused.

“Yes, it’s the sheet on top,” Nana said exasperated.

Lizzy looked at the sheet and read it over.

Contract for Secretary

I (insert name), accept the position of Student Council’s and President Im Nana’s secretary. I will always adhere to the rules that are as follows:

1.I will always attend Student Council meetings.

2.I will always follow my schedule.

3.I will not slack off my duties and tasks.

4.I will obey President Im Nana.

5.I will never enter the Student Council room without President Im Nana present.

6.The only time I will enter the Student Council room without President Im Nana is if I have permission to do so.

7.I must be with President Im Nana most of the day.

 

Signature of Applicant,                                                                         Signature of President Im Nana,

 

__________________                                                                          __________________________

 

She looked up and met Nana’s eyes.

“So, do you think you can do it?” Nana asked innocently tilting her head.

“Yes I do,” Lizzy replied confidently.

She grabbed a pen from the jar in the center of the table and signed the contract. She passed it over to Nana to sign.

“You’re really confident,” Nana said signing the contract.

“I believe I can do well President.”

Nana smirked at Lizzy’s response.

“Did you read over your schedule?” she asked.

Lizzy shook her head. She picked up the second sheet of paper in her stack and read it. It doesn’t seem that bad, she thought.

“The schedule might change every now and then. It depends on how much work needs to be done or what events are taking place during that week. So, be prepared for any changes,” Nana informed her.

Lizzy simply nodded her head and began to fill out the forms.

“By the way, I will only address you as Secretary Lizzy if we are busy with Student Council work but if we aren’t than I will call you Lizzy,” she said.

“Yes President,” Lizzy said.

“Oh and one more thing,” she added.

“What?”

“You can call me unnie when we aren’t busy with work from Student Council but you must call me President when we are working. Understood?”

“Yes President.”


Hi guys :) Thank you so much for subscribing and commenting! I hope you enjoy this short update ^^