I Miss You

Love In The Ice

It’s been a month since Nana left Hansung High School. Her absence weighed heavily on the students, especially Lizzy. She had been depressed since Nana left, all she could think about was their last conversation. It played over and over again in her head like a record on repeat. She was finally able to leave the nurse’s room and go back to her dorm room. She was still supposed to be on bed rest for another week. She looked at the vacant side of her room where all of Nana’s things used to be. She sat on Nana’s bed and opened the drawer of her night table. Her drawing book and an envelope was in there. Lizzy took them out of the drawer. On the envelope was written her name. The writing was Nana’s. She opened the letter with trembling fingers and began to read it.

Dear Lizzy,

I hope you find this letter. I know I left things badly. I wish I could change what happened but I can’t. Please be careful at school. I hope you have recovered completely. The reason I left was because there was nothing left for me there. If I were able to speak to you I would’ve stayed. Do me one favour and become president of Student Council. The school really needs someone as smart and caring as you. Thank you for taking a chance on me and being my friend.

From: Im Nana

Lizzy placed the letter on her lap. She closed her eyes as a few tears escaped. The letter was short, there wasn’t much to it but it still hurt Lizzy. It hurt that her friend wasn’t allowed to speak to her anymore, that she left her school, that she would probably never see her again. There was another reason why she was hurting but she didn’t want to acknowledge that thought so she hid it deep in her mind as best as she could.

She’d begged her aunt to let Nana stay but her aunt said it was Nana’s choice; she wasn’t going to stop her. Kaeun, E-young, Seohyun and Raina had really been helping Lizzy out. They’d tried to cheer her up and keep her mind off of Nana as much as possible but it didn’t work.

She opened Nana’s drawing book, looking at each drawing slowly. When she got to the drawings of herself she paused. Her breath caught in . A question started to form in her mind but she quickly suppressed it. She flipped to the last page. It was a drawing of two girls, one looked like Nana, the other looked like Lizzy, they were wearing long dresses and were slow dancing. It was a very intimate drawing. The question that Lizzy had suppressed earlier formed again. Did Nana have feelings for me?