Embarrassments

Summer Interpreter

-          Yahhh! – I screamed throwing pillow at the boys and pulling covers over my half body.

How to cover the whole situation? Normally I would have been so scared, it’s not like I am deadly innocent or something but I didn’t fancy to be seen by twelve hot, hormonal guys, especially that I worked with them. I covered my face with the sheets now and asked rest of them to leave.

-          Noona , I am sorry – I heard Tao but didn’t show my face.

-          It’s ok – I replied even so it wasn’t really.

It was still dark outside and it seemed like everyone, part of me, went back to sleep. I got up in the darkness, grabbed first tshirt that was around and tiptoed to the little balcony we had outside our room. Well most of the rooms in this side of the hotel had one. I sat down. Sky was clear and I could see the stars. Even so it was so nice cool wind was brushing my skin sending shivers to my spine. I knew I should be in bed by now but somehow I couldn’t fall asleep. I was looking up reminding myself all that awesome times I had in Barcelona when I was younger. Time few so fast. I got older and stopped spending so much time with my parents. Soon enough they chosen to stay for a while in Eastern Europe. I stayed alone in England hoping for a great adventure. I guess being an interpreter and assistant for scary famous Exo is more than adventure. I realized that today.

-          Can’t sleep – I heard behind me in English and I straight away who that was.

In this place only one more person was using my native language.

-          No Kris – I responded to the tall guy looking at him – You?

He looked even more handsome in the light of full moon. I knew what all that crazy girls seen in them. It was impossible not to find them attractive. Kris had one more attribute that was pulling girls towards him. He seemed mysterious and cold when you meet him but at the same time he was extremely polite.

-          You kind of woken me up – he said honestly.

-          I am sorry – I whispered looking back at the sky.

-          It’s beautiful night – he simply stated putting something on my shoulders. It was soft and smelled very delicate.  – Thought you were cold.

I could tell it was his jumper and I appreciated it very much. He was such a gentleman.

-          Thank you – I whispered.

He sat next to me, but keeping the distance. We watched stars quietly for a while. I wanted to get to know him, I wanted to get to know them all as it may easier my job a bit. And of course I was a curious how idols life look like.

-          Kris? Are you happy? – I asked suddenly.

-          What do you mean?

-          I mean I know it’s probably something you always wanted to do, but don’t you get tired and all?

-          Well whichever job I would do I would be tired right? – he answered indirectly.

-          But don’t you ever wanted to give up? Don’t you ever have enough of the screams and pulling by fans? – I was asking remembering incident at the airport.

-          At some point almost ever one of us wanted to give up. Training days were hard especially. The of course are situation where we need to hold on and smile but I wouldn’t change anything about my life. As per fans, I new what can happen when I decided to pursue my dream. And all I am is thanks to the fans so I am always grateful towards them.

Listening to him like that made me kind of admire him. It seemed like all he said was truthful even so I didn’t know him long enough to know if he was lying to protect himself.

-          Anyway - he looked up – I am going back to bed. You should to.

After that he was gone. I kept sitting outside. I looked at the stars and covered myself more with  jumper and closed my eyes to inhale the scent. Next thing I know I feel something warm on my face and I hear giggles. I opened slowly my eyes to face very bright sunrise. It looked like I fell asleep on balcony…

-          Wow Tao, congratulation. It’s first time you scared someone so badly she decided to sleep outside – I heard but I couldn’t put face to the voice.

-           - I didn’t do anything, I swear… Noona? – Tao whined.

I looked towards the sounds which were coming from the doors to the balcony. I was faced with more than seven heads stuck in the frame watching me and laughing.

-          I got very cute picture – said Luhan smiling at me.

-          You didn’t… - I said suddenly getting up and trying to make a angry face.

I didn’t even bother how I look in the morning. It’s not like I am here to date but to work, so my look wasn’t that important. However I got a bit sidetracked when they all gasped and stared at me without the word. The silence was a bit uncomfortable.

-What? – I asked slowly  - Do I have something on my face?

I started to think that I might have been drooling during sleep or something by looking at the faces. Then Suho stepped up out of the group. I think as a leader he felt he need to say something. For a moment I smiled thinking that finally I remember the names.

-          Do you like our fashion? – He asked putting finger under his chin.

-          What do you mean? – I replied confused.

-          Or maybe you secretly like some of us huh? – chipped in Xiumin greening widely that he started to look a bit scary.

-          Yah! Don’t be silly – I shouted a bit to loud for my liking.

-          Then is there a secret that we don’t know?  - Suho came back to his deduction.

-          Can someone tell me what is it about? – I got rather impatient.

At this moment in the frame appeared another face. Her owner, Sehun,  looked at me from head to toe, made very confused face and then with serious face asked:

-          Noona? Why you have Kris’s and Luhan’s clothes on?

Ah now I realized they noticed that I had jumper from Kris.

-          Kris lend me jumper last night when I was sitting here alone. It was a bit chilly. He was like real gentleman. – I replied smoothly now totally happy with my answer.

-          Ok noona, but why you wearing Luhan hyun shirt?

-          What shirt? – I looked down on myself.

I grabbed shirt in my hands and examined it. It was a bit bigger than all mine. On front there were stripes. I remembered that shirt from somewhere but it wasn’t mine for sure. I swear I probably went red as a tomato.

-          If you like wearing my clothes you can keep it – Luhan said with a cheeky wink.

-          I have no idea how…. Wait. I put shirt on yesterday when you left. It was dark. I grabbed one from chair. There was my white shirt for sure.

I squeezed pass them into the room to find Kris lying on his bed eying me closely and now confused look appeared on his face too. I looked at the chair. My shirt was still there. I couldn’t understand.

-          Luhan? – I asked – Did you left your shirt here yesterday.

-          Yeah, remember when you told us to change – he laughed – But to be honest I like you in this shirt.

All boys laughed. I tried to save my face and come on less embarrassed that I already was. I grabbed my clothes from the bag and started heading towards bathroom that seemed empty since it look like everyone was staring at me. Passing all the boys I eyes Luhan and with a smirk on my face I said:

-          Since you think it looks good on me, I will keep it. – I walked in to the bathroom leaving all gasps and laugh behind the door.

After the eventful night all boys seemed to be tired. They had rehearsal early morning, then had autograph session and concert at the end. Since I wasn’t needed till the fan signing I was given some time off to walk around the Barcelona. I spent some time taking pictures and I called my best friend. I swear she was more crazy than those fans on the airport. It seemed like I had a monolog with her as all she was doing was fangirling  to me.

I go back in time to have shower and get change. Then I was packed to the bus with the boys to arrive on the fansigning event. I supposed to translate everything to Spanish and make sure boys can have some conversations with the fans. I had no clue how I will manage between thirteen members but I needed to try. All the way to the event guys were rather happy reminding me two shirts incident and were also laughing at Tao who apparently kicked me out to the balcony. I needed to assure panda boy about five times that it wasn’t the case and nothing really happened.  

When we finally arrived I got really scared. Within seconds fans surrounded the bus. Security was pushing them away but some of them were smart enough to squeeze between wholes in barricade. I was going to leave the bus behind managers who were trying to move fans away too. I was happy that at least they didn’t ask me to help. I guess being a girl is not that bad. I was just about to walk out when Kris grabbed my hand and shoved me behind him.

-          Noona stay between D.O and Chanyeol – Beakhyun said – Kai will be behind you and Kris and me will take care of the front.

They were so sweet. It’s true I didn’t have much talks with Kai, D.O and the third guy but as I looked at them they all smiled. I felt a bit better. When we stepped out some fans got even more loud and crazy keep asking their “oppas” who is that “blonde chick”. We were walking as far as we could and finally we managed to get to the tables behind the metal barricade surrounded by security.

-          Thank you – I said to all boys and bowed to them. It was second time of my life when I bowed to someone the same way Korean people bowing as a sign on respect.

All boys stood for a bit and waved to the fans posing in meantime to pictures. They looked flawless I must admit. I stood on the sign waiting for them to take a place. I was given a microphone just in time to translate Kris words. It seemed like a some of the fans had no problem with using English. I could count Kris off from my list of people I will have to translate. As soon as it all started I was literally called from person to person trying to help with communication. I was running, gasping for air for . I got few dirty looks from girls but most of them calmed down when they realized I am only a interpreter. I was translating so many cheesy stuff, like I love you etc from fans and some funny replies from the boys. After what seemed like ages I translated last one information them whole goodbye. I was tired and thirsty, not mentioning I needed to go to bathroom too. I dealt whith what seemed the most obvious first then looked for a bottle of water that recently were on a round table near the event, just to find it empty. I swear someone tried to kill me. There was not even one bottle of water around. I my feet looking for some hop I can get drink from.

-          Have some of mine noona  – I heard Lay said smiling. It seemed like a sincere smile.

-          No, mine is better, you know it will be like indirect kiss – Luhan joked.

-          Thanks, but I will just go and buy – I said determined not to get red.

-          Noona I wouldn’t try. You see those fans there? I don’t think they will just let you pass by.

I looked at the crowed of girls that were still staring towards us and I swear that was scary. Lie you know all that horror movies when murderer stalks it pray? Yeah it was worse.

-          It’s ok I got you a bottle – Chen appeared from somewhere with two bottles. One was unopened.

He handed me untouched bottle and I gladly thanked. I could see disappointment on other boy faces but I just rolled my eyes. There was another round to the hotel and then we needed to head to the concert. We had to be enough time before it starts so boys could change and had make up done. Not like they needed it anyway. After boys thanked the staff we headed back to the hotel.  I was so tired from all that shouting, nervousness and all that I was almost falling asleep. I looked around me, even so there was no fans around anymore , no pictures had been taken and we have been on the road, boys were still smiling. I wondered where they keep all that energy to be so active during the day. …