Back to the past

Summer Interpreter

(A/N) Sorry guys I know there will be some misspeling and gramatical mistakes. I am sorry is late and Im tired. I might correct it in few days. Also I had a writers block for a while so the concept how the story goes may shock you a bit. If you don't like it then I appologize. But i finally got an idea how I want this story to move forward with having elements of original thought) 

For the next few weeks I was pretty much going from check ups to physiotherapy back and forth. I even got my own psychiatrist to make sure I am mentally stable and prepared to go back to normal live. I was also asked every day if I remember details of accidents. But my mind was still as back as dark night. All I could recall was Spain.

In doctor’s opinions, apart of losing part of my memory I was recovering well as for someone who was in coma. My parents finally relaxed and since they urgently needed to go back abroad they made sure I have an “assisting nurse” and my best friend to look after me. They also knew about Kris which shouldn’t have shocked me since apparently he was with me a lot when I was sleeping. I still didn’t get it to be honest.  Speaking about Kris I haven’t seen him past three weeks since he had some filming in Prague. Like for someone who just left a nig earning group, it seemed like he was doing pretty well himself.

I didn’t know much details since doctors banned me from internet for whatever reason. I managed to get a look on my friends mobile few times, but last time they took it away. So I kind of felt like being cut of the world. I had loads to catch up and they kept me pretty much caved.

I think I was pretty excited when I found out Kris would be back in country yesterday. I kind of missed him in some way. before he left to the filming site, he would come here and help me with all walking and training stuff. He was better than doctors, even so sometimes he really pushed me hard to tears. But I got used to him nagging so, when he was absent I got a bit lazy.

When he didn’t visit yesterday I got worried. Maybe now, when I was fine, he could just go back to his own life. Maybe so should I, trying to remember how my life was before accident. I should start thinking about going back to studying. I hoped to catch up quickly but since I was banned from electronic knowledge , my chances on doing well, went down the hill.

I lied on my bed, waiting for another visit from my favourite Doctor Sam.  He was one of this people to magically appear early in the morning seeing sunshine and take you out for a walk. Yes I could walk for now, with assistance of course since my muscles still needed to recover. Normally he would come in and take me out. Mostly we would chat about his young son giving me hints that I should meet him, which I normally would laugh off.

When I heard soft knock on the door I smiled expecting happy Sam. But it wasn’t him this time. It was the familiar face I missed recently, handsome and smiling as bright as sun outside. I don’t even think I seen him so happy in my memories, the one I did not loose.

-Hello Kitten – he said. His nickname he suddenly thought of still gave me creeps but I just let it slide, since I didn’t see him for a while. – Where’s your personal guardian slash best friend?

- Hi Kris  - I smiled – she will come in a bit. – How’s filming?

Our talk seemed insignifant but on the other side I enjoyed it very much. He came closer, sat on bed and hugged me awkwardly. Even so we spent a lot of time together after my accident, there still was that weird tension between us.

  • I spoke with Doctor Sam. He said you have been lazy and told me to torture you a bit – and just like that he grabbed me and put me like a doll in the wheelchair. Not waiting for my protest he pushed me out of the room and within minutes we landed in hospital room, fully covered in glass.  – I wanted to take you outside but it got cold. So we will train here before.

In the corner there have been a mat as usual in a case of my many falls. I had them loads at the beginning, getting bruises but now I managed to walk on my own two feet. Well with a little help….Kris grabbed softly my hands and made me stand. I sighed.

  • You know I’m much better now, you don’t need to babysit me like that.
  • I am worried that you fall and I will be either sued by you or killed by your father. Remember he is a scary person, when he is worried.

I giggled, something I often did when Kris was around. He entwined my right hand around his arm and forced me to walk. It was much easier for me now. I still couldn’t do it for hours but it seemed normal and not painful any longer.

  • I see you maybe haven’t been that lazy all this time – he joked.
  • I was actually – I giggled.  – Did the filming went well?
  • Yes, actually we are in last stage. We should wrap it up in around three weeks.  
  • Oh – was all I said. I kind of remembered that it will be the time when he will come back to his celebrity life and I will be back to being a student.
  • Actually I have some news for you.  – he started.  – I spoken with doctors and they think it will be good to let you go home in a week or so.

I stopped. I could go home? Finally!

  • They said there is no medical reason for you to not come back to normal life. However you should take it easy at the beginning and make sure you will be coming for check ups.

I hugged him at this point. I wanted out of this awful place that smelled like a dead people.

  • What is this?! – someone said behind me. I was startled at the beginning but then realized it was my best friend.
  • Nothing – I laughed. I will be out soon.

 

***

Month later and I was pretty much back to normal life. I was only advised to not overwork myself and go to the gym so personal trainer can have an eye on my mobility. Since then Kris was finishing filming and Min was helping me with catching up on studies. In meantime I read all the dirty stories about my accident, hidden on some fan forums. It seems like company managed to make it look like nothing much, not mentioning I was asleep for weeks. Then I checked Kris’s situation and it seemed fans who took his side, pretty much seemed to care about him a lot but seemed more calm than the fans I recalled. Exo itself as eleven now, opened official fanclub which reached over million in first week and was now preparing official album. Nobody seen them much since the world tour ended. Even very good fansites had no stalkerish pictures recently.

I closed my laptop when my phone started ringing.

  • Hello? – I asked the caller.
  • It’s me Kitten. Can I see you tonight? – he said.
  • It’s late Kris – I said. I wanted to see him before he goes back to China for movie promotions but I didn’t want any troubles also. On the other side Min just left to the shop and I was on my own.
  • I know but it’s urgent. I won’t be long, I am outside anyway.
  • What?!  - and that was when the door bell make an announcement of the guest.

I opened the doors in my  not attractive pj’s.

  • Already in bed? – he eyed me from head to toe.
  • Shut up – I barked.

He let himself in.

  • No crazy fans behind you? – I joked
  • Nope, I don’t have any crazy fans… at least not anymore.

I heard from Min that his current fans were much more calm. They kind of put some story behind him leaving from company such as bullying, unfair treatment. They added at the end that his important person got hurt by crazy fans and that what broke him to leave the group. Guilty people made sure now to treat him with much more respect which Kris answered with a lot of selca’s on airports with fans.

  • So what brings you here? – I asked.
  • You don’t sound happy to see me  - he joked.  – well I have something to ask you.
  • Ask what? – I stared at him like a child when you explain him what is Easter Bunny.
  • I spoke to my new agency. They kind of support me a lot and I asked them if you could be my assistant during promotions?
  • You kidding me?- I said  - First of all why me? Second don’t you know what happened last time when I tried to help someone famous?
  • It will be different. I need someone I can trust. We get on well now and I don’t think you will want to go back to your life. I will arrange Min if you want or a personal assistant to help you with recovery – he said bluntly.
  • Do you need an assistant at least? Its not like your manager is not capable or something. You said yourself that your new company is understanding. And I have studies.- I  responded.
  • You can enrol online with one of Chinese, Korean or even Japanese Universities. To be honest I treat you like a friend now and kind of will miss you – he said the last part quietly playing on my emotions.  – I even asked your parents and checked with Doctor Sam. They said it’s fine that long I will make sure you have a bodyguard and help.

I stared at him. What was he all about? Another trip? Could I just risk it again? Didn’t I learn from the past?

  • Your fans will kill me.
  • Not really. They know about you. I was communicating with my fanclub a lot. There were actually few fansites making sure media and other will leave you in piece in hospital.
  • I was stalked?!  - I got shocked.
  • They were looking after you. They scared I will leave entertainment if they will be nasty to you. I even thought of something. … - he stopped for a minute.  – They think I have a girlfriend. I kind of prepared them.
  • Girlfriend? I didn’t see anything on the internet – I said. Was he lying to me?
  • Not yet. I made fanclub aware. My company will officially confirm it tomorrow. I said that my girlfriend will be going back with me to China.
  • And who is this girl- I kind of seen when it was going but didn’t believe it was true.
  • You…. – he ended.
  • Are you out of your mind?! I was in coma if you don’t remember! I just… Why would I even want to consider it….
  • It may help you move on. And its good career opportunity. I promise you will be safe.
  • Really Kris? Really? – I eyed him.  – I need to think about it. But you don’t have a lot of chance. Thank you for offer tough.
  •  Im hooomeee – shouted Min – oh hi Kris.
  • Hi – he said to her then turned back to me. – I am leaving in two days. If you will be interested let me know.
  • Ok – I said before he hugged me goodbye and left.

I sat there blank. It was to much at once. I could go back to that crazy life, leave behind all the “normality” and jump back in to the past. Not mentioning the fact I supposed to pretend to be his girlfriend… I mean if he wouldn’t be famous, it would be easy, since now I considered him as friend. But it would be just crazy.

  • What was that about?- asked Min
  • Nothing I responded and headed to bed.

 

Day later I found myself dialling familiar number.

  • Hello…. Kris… Ok… Let’s do this….