The unexpected

Summer Interpreter

I had very bizarre dream. It was dark and I was walking out of the hotel. Wind was quite warm and inviting for a walk. But the night seemed really dangerous. Someone was following me for sure. I felt insecure, scared like it was real. The stranger came towards me, right behind me and in that very moment, everything went black.

When I open my eyes I couldn’t see anything properly. My bosy felt like it wasn’t my own anymore. There was many sounds around me, to many for my liking. Why so loud? I wanted to ask, but nothing came out. Did I oversleep? Where are boys?

  • -She is waking up – someone said and I moved my head a bit. There were white coats everywhere.
  • -My baby – I swear it was my mom. What was she doing in a hotel room?

I tried to respond but once again nothing came out.

  • -It’s ok my dear just rest.

I still lie like a vegatable there forcing my eyes, which were blinded by light.

  • -Can you hear me? – someone said – Just nod.

And so I did. Then there were more questions and it confused me. I didn’t know what was going on till few hours later when I got concious enough to understand the situation. My parents just walked in again, after severalk tests. Nobody wanted to tell em whats going on, till they won’t get any results.

  • Mom… - I asked, still a bit weak. – what’s…..
  • You have been sleeping for a bit honey.

What did she mean?

  • -Do you remember anything honey? – she asked.
  • -Yeah, I just met these band and we have been in Spain…. – I said.
  • -Spain?  - she looked weirdly at me.
  • -Aren’t we in Spain? Dad? What’s going on?
  • -Nothing honey, rest and we will explain everything.

Last thing I remembered was how I was in Spain with this band. According to my mom I slept around 4 months. Well I was in coma. Like you know, someone smacked me on my head and I passed out… for a quite long time. They thought it was robbery, yet my wallet was still with me once they found me.But it wasn’t in Spain. It was few weeks after. Weeks I didn’t remember at all. No matter how much I wanted to remember, I couldn’t. I asked about the group and all they told me, was group was back in Korea.  Group itself visited me once, stright after accidents and then, they got on with thir life. Apart of my parents, my best friend and one strange tall man, nobody visited me after that. Great, looks like my friends are not my friends anymore. I sighed. I lost a chance of the lifetime.

I sighed. My best friends promissed my parents to take care of me, once I leave hospital so they could try to slowly comeback to their lives. Of course they haven’t be happy about it, but doctors said, that I will recover faster, if I come back to normal life, which included back to studies.

I was just resting after another test when the door opened and I looked expecting my parents to barge in again. They have been visiting less now, but still at least every second day. At the door I didn’t find however my parents but a tall male with dark hair. I remembered him. He was rude to me previously and I wasn’t sure what he was doing here. Wasn;t they all gone, back home.

-You are finally awake Ashley – he said my name quietly. Was there a compation in his eyes?

-Kris what are you doing here? Your hair…. – I said.

It was a member of Exo, known as Kris. I don’t remember beeing to close to him, so his visit was unexpected. Wait a tall stranger?

 -Was it you who visited me all the time? – I asked.

- Yeah – he responded.

 - What hapepned to your hair? – I said.

 - I talk to you first time in 4 months and you asking about my hair? How are you anyway? I heard you lost some of your memories?

 - How do you know? – I said

 - Doctors – he smiled.

It was a weird conversation. I felt out of place.

  • -Did Suho contact you yet? – he asked.
  • -Suho? Why should he? – I swear he was making me more nervous with every second.

Then his brew moved like he relized something. Why would Suho contact me? He was nice to me, but at the end we couldn’t be friends right? It was summer job at the end.

  • -You seem confused – he whispered.
  • -Wonder why – I replied sarcastically.  – How is the group? Why are you here.

He came closer and sat down on the chair next to me.

  • I am not sure to be honest. I heard they are recording new album. I thought Suho was in touch with you.
  • Kris what is going on, I really do not understand anything..
  • Just relax. One step at the time – he responded and stood up.

At this moment my best friend came in and Kris took the oportunity to leave. I could try to stop him, but was there any sense. I could always aske the only girl in my life who was strong enough to stay with me, when I was asleep. So Yu Min smiled to Kris saying “Hello” as she passed.

  • Min-ah – I said  - since when are you sucha  good friend with him… Wait since when I am a friends with him – I said.
  • I don’t know that either, you never mentioned him unlikley…..You know … - she tried to change subject and it was good moment for me to dig deeper.
  • Unlike who? – I asked
  • Nobody.
  • What is nobody’s name? Can you all stop hiding stuff from me? I am getting so frustrated.

Tears started to fall on my face. I was just simply angry that I didn’t know anything, didn’t rememeber and lost a chance for a great summer. To add up I will be stuck in hospital next few weeks for rehabilitation, since my muscles are not back to normal.

  • -Ash, I am sorry – Min hugged me.  – We just don’t want to make you feel worse. I will tell you everything, just calm down.

And the she started. It was weird as I still couldn’t recall anything she told me, like it wasn’t my life but someone elses.  She told me how I traveled with boys and got close to few of them. She explains how I talked to her over the phone. Min even remembered the day of accident. I supposed to be few days after I told her, I was dating Suho. I starred at her. It couldn’t be possible right? But aparently it was a reason why I got attacked. Once someone seen us together, situation became scary. She said it most likley was a sasaeng, who attacked me. There were rumors that SM quiet down all media and it was the easiest way.

I ended up in coma, world stop beeing interested with me and boys came back to Korea after finishing up their tour.  Suho called like once and he never actually visited.  Minseok knows as Xiumin was always calling but due to schedule, he could not visit.

  • -What about Kris? – I asked.
  • -He had a bit of time now, since he left the group.
  • -What?! How? – If I would be able to use internet I would find out sooner, but everyone was keeping em away from it.
  • -Asround two months ago, press release message he sued his company and never after that he appeared with Exo. Instead he was here, pretty much every day, till he didn’t start filming his new movie.
  • -I don’t understand…
  • -Me neither, but I found him asleep in this room, more than once.