The kisser

Summer Interpreter

I looked out just to confirm what I knew already. From the other door Sehun and Luhan came out and started walking towards the practice room. I sighed to myself. I wasn’t sure whey I felt hurt in some way. All they said was true. Well in first place it’s not like me and Luhan were together anyway. He was handsome and sweet but he was also an idol, an idol I was only an interpreter for.  I am not sure if I was maybe angry that he didn’t care what will happen to me later. All he knew someone will be heart broken but he seemed like he didn’t care. I think I was starting to be a bit angry and disappointed. But then, wasn’t that a call that I should just back off and focus on my work? I sighed and came out of the corner with my eyes on the floor.

I felt a gentle grip on my hand and someone dragged me towards exit door. I didn’t fight. As soon as I looked at the figure I knew who that was. As soon as the door closed behind us I heard his soft voice.

-          Are you ok? – Suho’s voice was soft. He must have heard it too. It’s funny how many times I heard that question from these guys.

-          Yes – I lied. I looked at shortly in his eyes but the diverted quickly. I didn’t want to be an open book.

His hand touched lightly my chin forcing me once again to look into his eys.

-          Don’t lie.

-          I am not lying – I argued.

-          Do you like him that much? – he asked.

Did I? Did I really liked Luhan? What about Kris who somehow always visited my mind? What about my mysterious kisser that I cannot forget.

-          Does it mean I still have chance? – he asked quietly but I heard it.

-          - What do you…- I started but his actions surprised me.

Suho moved closer within seconds. He didn’t pin me to wall like its shown on movies, nor he was aggressive or overly passionate. His right hand moved to my back, then to back of my neck and sofltly found a place in my hair. His head move closer to mine and now I couldn’t look away. I am not sure if I was just so surprised by his actions or something else. I felt his breath on my lips and then he did something I would never expected him too.

When I checked information regarding Exo, all fans described Suho as crybaby, good leader, gentleman and so on. But there he was. His lips softly on mine. At the beginning I didn’t react. Minute before I was angry on Sehun and now another guy’s lips were on mine.

Suho continued softly kissing my lips. There was something I recognized. Those lips…. They were on mine before. I started to close my eyes when he suddenly broke the one sided kiss.

I looked in his eyes. He was checking my reaction he noticed I didn’t respond to the kiss. His lips were still inches from mine. I looked into his soft looking eyes. I wanted to make sure if these were the lips from the darkness.

It was me who initiate it this time. As soon as I placed one little kiss he moved closer to me. This time I closed my eyes and lost myself in the situation. It was the same as that night. It was him all along. I never counted him in, I would never thought he liked me in that way. I felt safe. I stood there in his embrace and was kissing him back.

He stopped after a while and did something I have never experienced before, placed one kiss on top of my head. Then he hugged me tightly.

-          I am sorry – he whispered.

-          Why are you sorry – I asked.

-          For kissing you… - he said.

-          Now or that night when I was drunk? – I added.

-          You remember…. For both. I shouldn’t have. Luhan cares for you and I am the leader, I should have been a better person, responsible.

I put my finger on his lips to quiet him.

-          It’s ok. Its not like me and Luhan are together. Anyway it will soon come to an end anyway.

-          But he really like you…. And I ….

-          Its fine Joonmyeon, really – I said then placed last one soft kiss, hugged him and left.

I was a bit confused in my head. I didn’t know why I did what I did. I felt a bit like I was cheating on Luhan. Then I thought about how sweet, handsome and gentle Suho is. I thought how good it was to be in his arms. But I also knew if anyone would find out about it, he will be in trouble. Luhan and rest of boys wouldn’t forgive him.

I touched my own lips remembering that lingering feeling. I liked it. There is no point of denying it. But could I afford to get involved with another member of Exo?

I was almost there when all of the members started going out of the practice soom.

-          Did you see Hyung Suho noona? – Tao asked.

-          I am here – I heard behind my back. – I was in the bathroom. I sorry I took so long.

He smiled to them and to me. It seems like nothing happened a minute ago, like we didn’t share that kiss.

-          Ash we need to go clean up and then go to the venue for rehearsal. I will be right back – Luhan winked at me and he was gone, followed by Tao, Sehun and Lay.

Joonmyeon gave me one of his carrying looks and wave. I said goodbye to my best friend and grabbed some coffee. I managed to chat to cordi noonas and managers before all of us had been packed to the bus and headed to the venue.

All the way Suho was giving me hidden looks while Luhan tried to get my attention. I felt dizzy from all what was going on, so was glad when we finally arrived.  There were some fangirls around and as usual I was squeezed between boys. It was Kris this time who was in front of me, making sure I am safe.

After a while they started dancing and singing while I was talking to the staff that was preparing venue. Hours were going fast. Boys were sweating bit managers disn’t seem to give them break at all. I couldn’t so anything really so I just sat on the floor and watched them till eventually I dozed off.

When I woken up it everyone was leaving.

-          Yahh Noona we are going back to the hotel. Then we have make up artist and all.

I looked at Kai who seemed impatient. I stood up and forced myself to move.

 

Few hours, shower and a dinner later we have been back at the venue. You could hear fans that started to fill up the room. They were sqeecky, overexcited and laud. But could I blame them?

I was standing back stage and had a look on the crowd. It was already huge. Someone walked passed me, quickly catching my hand, giving in gentle squeeze and letting go.

I looked at Suho and smiled.

-          Good luck  - I said.

-          I am already lucky – he said back but then his eyes drifted behind me.

I looked back and noticed Luhan approaching.

Lulu smiled at me. I felt a bit bitter remembering his words. He hugged me gently and kissed my chick before following Suho.

-          You are playing with fire – I heard someone whispering in my ear. I could recognize that accent everywhere.

-          What do you mean Kris? – I asked.

-          You know  - then he looked at boys in front of me.

He couldn’t see me with Suho, could he?