Breakfast story

Summer Interpreter

I was still dragged by Lay to the back door. Finally we reached them. They were full metal with a sign “Emergency” on it. Lay wanted to open it but I stopped him. I put my hand on his stomach gently.

-          Wait – I whispered.-  I will go first….And…

I turned to look at him. If there were any fangirls waiting outside they will notice him within seconds. That dimples, big eyes and handsome face would be recognized anywhere. He looked at me with “What are you planning to do” expression. In one swift movement I freed my arm from his grip and move my two hands toward his sides. He didn’t move even so he wasn’t sure what I was doing. Then I grabbed the hood at the back of his shirt and pull on his head.

-          Let’s try to hide your awesomeness shall we?  - I said saying word awesomeness in English. He didn’t understand so I corrected “your pretty face”.

He smirked.

-          You think I am good looking noona? What your boyfriend would say about this? – he laughed.

I moved away.

-          He will have to live with it.

We both were giggling. It was very easy to be around Lay. He was like that real unicorn he claims to be in the fanmeetings. It feel like I knew him for a very long time, like he wasn’t famous at all. Over past few days I didn’t think that much of him as he always takes distance from people. Maybe he is a bit shy, I don’t know.

I opened the door slightly, hiding Lay behind me. I kept my hand on his chest to stop him from lurking out. I checked on the right and on the left  no fangirls.

-          Clear – I said and Lay followed me outside. It was nice  day in France.

We walked in the small road between buildings and I could smell croissants everywhere. I loved them and wanted guys to have some too. But would they like it? Don’t day eat like rise for breakfast?  Well they will have to eat what I will buy. I got text from manager asking me to buys something for them too. Wonder if they are aware that getting food for thirteen people is already to much… How I am supposed to take it for three extra people? Even with Lay here it was a challenge.

-          I think we will have to ask for help with all that food – I murmured under breath.

Then we heard something behind us. There were three girls.

-          I think it may be them, let’s check – I heard in French.

-          Lay – I said quietly – We are in trouble.

They were coming closer. Still however quite far away from us gave us a bit of time to think. We started to walk faster. Now there were another two girls. I wasn’t sure what to do. I didn’t fancy to be pushed and squashed by crazy girls who try to touch one of their “Oppa’s”.  And I didn’t want Lay to get injured or something. You never know what may happen. I started panicking a bit, still not used to all that mess with fans. And then something unexpected happened. Lay took my hand and shoved me into a small space between buildings. It was so small that two people standing next to each other was to crowded. We went a bit further up and my fear of closed spaces started to rise. I didn’t have a time however to concentrate on that. I could heard fangirls running now towards us.

-          I think they went there – was echoed not far away.

-          Lay.. – I started but he put his right hand on his lips telling me to shut up.

His left hand rested on the wall, next to my head. He was close, so close I could feel his chest against my. Seriously why they all have been doing this to me? I am only a young woman, it’s obvious stuff like that had an effect on me. Hi scent was dancing around me and I wanted to breathe steady but  my heart insisted on speed racing. I swear that Lay wasn’t as shy as I thought. I could see smirk on his lips. I had a pick to the right and the girls were standing at the end of the alley. They wanted to go in when Lay hidden his face in my neck.  Girls looked for a bit but seemed confused. I followed boys lead and put my right hand on his head. It had to look like we were doing something naughty as suddenly I heard:

-          It’s not Exo. We wasted so much time. Gosh they could get a room – in French and then left.

Lay however didn’t move. I removed my hand from back of his head and tried to move. He didn’t know French so probably that was the reason he didn’t move.

-          Lay… they are gone….

He breathed out slowly sending shivers down my spine. Then he moved away and looked into my eyes.

-          I am sorry – he said looking ashamed  - I didn’t have any better plan.

-          It’s ok – I smiled assuring him we are still fine – now my secret lover let’s get food.

He smiled but still looked a bit shy for a while. We found a little café shop down the road. It wasn’t busy at all and smell coming out of it was great. We walked in making a “ding” sound that forced the lady at the desk to look at us. She was in her late thirties. She smiled brightly asking how she can help.

-          I will need food for sixteen people – I said.    – Can we have this and this and this – I started to point on the food. – Lay , what the boys like?

-          Everything really. Meat the most. – he replied.

Typical men-meat.

-          Ahh I see your boyfriend doesn’t speak French – lady pointed to me.  – he looks like one of those boys my ten year old daughter put on the wall above her bed. They have a concert here soon too. She forced her older brother to come with her – she giggled.

-          Ahh you mean Exo? – I said causing Lay to look at me while I mentioned his band.

-          I think so. Will you need a help with this food? I will ask Pierre to help you – she said. I swear she had to be an angel. If she only knew that one of Exo members actually stood in front of her.  – Pierre – she shouted.

Tall young man came out  and look at us. He allow himself a small smile and I was partly glad he did recognize Lay.

-          Can you help them my dear? – his mother asked and whispered something else.

 

He smiled towards us again and grabbed some of the little boxes as soon as his mom finished preparing food. We walked back to the dancing studio in silence. It surprised me Pierre didn’t ask why we using strangle little alley to go back. Lay made phone call to Xiumin asking him to come downstairs and open Exit door since they only opened from inside. Pierre still was quiet but he didn’t look annoyed at all. Even when we entered the to the dancing room he didn’t say anything. Come one anyone would notice twelve boys dancing is not so usual.

-          Yah finally ! I am starving - shouted Sehun.

-          Me too – added Tao and then rest of the words came out in Chinese that quick I had no clue what he was about.

Rest of the boys just stopped what they have been doing and literally stolen boxes from us. Lay managed to save last one for managers.

-          I will take it to them – he said to me. – be careful with this beasts. If you hungry I advice you eat as soon as you can.

-          Thanks – I responded and turned towards Pierre.

-          Thank you, I will walk you out – I said.

When we have been on our way he finally spoken to me.

-          So that’s Exo huh?  - he asked. I looked at him shocked. Why he didn’t say anything before? – My sister loves them. You know she forced me to attend their concert?

-          Yeah I have heard – I chuckled.

-          If she only knew I just saw them she would go crazy – he rolled his eyes.  – I couldn’t say no to the concert because it’s her birthday. Anyway what are you doing with that bunch of guys?

-          I work as interpreter during summer – I smiled.

-          Thought you are a foreigner – he laughed.

-          Yeah – I said.

-          Well Ill get going. If you need any more food come by my mums café.

He waved at me and left. When I came back there were not much food left. I sighed thinking of all croissants I didn’t have. 

-          Jagiya what took you so long – Kris still working on the bet asked.

-          I was taking…..Oppa

-          Are you cheating on me already? – he smiled cheekily earning some giggles from the group.

I rolled my eyes and sat down. Xiumin came and sat by my side followed by D.O.

-          I saved you some food  - Xiumin stated revealing three croissants and few  pastries with meat. I swear I loved him at this moment.

-          I have a drink too – D.O added passing me a hot chocolate.

-          Ahh thank you – I smiled a and quickly kissed chicks of both guys. – You are so sweet.

-          Hmmm… Its nothing  - answered Xiumin putting his hand behind his head. He was suddenly shy.

-          Yeah, I only got a drink from machine outside – added D.O.

-          You are great, thank you – I smiled and took a bite of the food.

-          Yahhh, don’t flirt with noona , Kris hyung will be upset – Sehun pouted. Luhan, who was eating shamelessly in the back suddenly looked at us and meet my eyes. He started between me, D.O and Xiumin but didn’t say a world.

-          Seems like Luhan hyung is not happy too – Sehun added before sitting between me and Xiumin.  – Don’t worry noon I will protect you from them – he smirked. – got your back Luhan yunghyunghyung – he shouted to his second half.

Everyone giggled and I just pouted before taking another sip of chocolate. They have been playful even so they are tired and all. What I will do with this twelve crazy boys? Summer only just started and I still had a long way to go. The way they made me feel welcome was great and I started to worry I will miss them when time is up. Or more I was scared that they won’t even remember me after the tour.

-          What are you thinking about noona? – Lay asked when he came back.

-          Nothing really.. – I lied but then something came to my mind.

-          Guys can I have all of your autographs?  - All of sudden the place went quiet.

-          Are you finally becoming our fangirl noona? – asked Kai smiling.

-          Don’t worry… It’s not the case – I laughed but they faces went dark somehow – you know I like you but you wouldn’t like another crazy fan around you, would you?

-          True – said Chen.

-          Lay you know that guy who brought food, Pierre – I said. He didn’t respond just gave me sign with his head – his ten year old sister is your massive fan. Pierre didn’t want to be awkward so didn’t say anything. She has a birthday on the day of your concert. I wanted somehow to say thank you to Pierre.

-          Do you like the guy? – Luhan said with strange voice. I couldn’t read what was wrong with him.

-          Don’t be silly, I just want to be nice.

         Lay and Tao thought it will be great idea and they decided to sign of one of their pictures that Tao was keeping in his Gucci bag… I wasn’t sure why he had it really. I preferred not to know. They all signed the picture and passed it on to me then came back to practise while I went to the café to drop the gift. They can be sweet too – I thought. They really started to grew on me and I wasn’t sure if it’s good or bad.