Theme Park Date

Summer Interpreter

-          Yah…. Wake up? – someone was poking my side.

-          Five more minutes – I said.

-          You still didn’t change Ash…

I opened one eye. I was lying on the ground now my head was on someones lap and I was covered with a jumper.

-          So Yu Min? – I asked rubbing my eye.

-          Will you tell what is this supposed to mean? – she asked.

-          What? – and then I recalled… I was sleeping on someone’s lap.

-          Morning – Suho whispered. His hand was still on my side. He moved it to my head and removed the fringe that was falling on my face.

My face got warm and I got nervous. Why Suho was like that?!

-          Yah! I am still here! – Minnie was shouting making sure everyone was hearing her.

-          What’s that noise – Lay complained.

-          Can someone get this sasaaeng out – Kris said not opening eyes.

-          I am not a sasaeng – my best friend pouted.

-          Wait a minute… What are you doing here? – I asked.

-          Are you high? – she eyed me.

-          What do you mean?

-          You texted me like an hour ago…. – she said annoyed

-          I didn’t text you.

-          I received that – she shoved mobile in my face. There was indeed a text from my number. But I didn’t send anything.

-          So Yu Min tell me when did I ever text you in hangul? – I asked

-          But….it was from you, it says it’s from you – she argued.

Someone was giggling in the back.

-          I think you have been framed – said Suho reminding me about his presence.

-          Baek – I said – where is my phone? – I asked

-          Right here? – he showed me his hand.

-          Now you too…. It seems Suho oppa that everyone just takes the mobile you bought me.

He laughed.

-          Anyway whats the plan? – Minnie asked.

-          Wait why are you so calm? – I asked – shouldn’t you like go crazy because you are in Exo dorm?

-          I don’t want to be like those crazy chicks on airport – she replied.   – I have seen what they did and kind of was ashamed. And anyway I met the before right – she smiled.

-          Aish it seems we won’t get any more sleep – murmured Kai.

So Yu Min checked the room and her eyes spotted Luhan sleeping. Her eyes linger a bit longer but then she looked back at me.

-          So?

-          So what? – I asked our conversation in Korean since we didn’t want to be rude.

-          Who is this – asked one of younger managers that came out of room.

-          My best – I started.

-          I called her – responded Baek. – She is the girl that helped on the airport. And I have heard she started  campaign after so fans would gives us time off apart of official schedules.

-          Really? – still half asleep manager asked.

-          Yes – she responded shyly. Please tell me she didn’t do aegyo on that kid just now…. Yes manager was quite young.

-          That’s fine then. Just keep everything quiet and don’t do anything stupid…. That was mostly to you and Chen, Baek – he added then rolled into his room again.

-           Ash? – Suho got my attention – I heard there is a theme park not far from here.

-          You mean like rollercoaster?  - he nodded- Yeah there is. Fancy I day there?

And it was decided. We abounded the sightseeing time and get our way to the Thorpe Park. It was around 30 minutes to an hour in the bus. Since two younger managers and a cordi noona joined we took the staff bus and was on a way. Most of the boys still asleep, were lying on the seats. I got forced by Luhan and Sehun between them. My best friend took seat next to Baekhyun. I was wondering why, since she always said Luhan was her only love. I guess her love was unstable since she met them. They were giggling all the time. From time to time they have been chatting managers and the cordi noona. They all seemed to like my best friend. But then she was always a very social person.

-          Are you hitting on Baek? – I disturbed. She giggled but didn’t deny it. – But what about your OTP Chanbaek?

-          Chanbaek? – Baekhyun asked and momentarily the other boy in question looked at us.

-          Wow you know what is OTP?! – my friend asked with shocked face.

-          I read a bit – I admitted. Ok since I got this job I practically learned all terms fan has been using.

-          Are you becoming a fangirl? – she ignored confused Bacon.  – I was telling you about them whole year and you couldn’t get one name right, now you use OTP word?! Just wow.

I laughed. I never noticed how much attention I paid to them. Fact, I did feel quite close and protective about them. I looked at Baek, who still had that lost look on his face.

-          Don’t tell me you don’t know about couples – I eyed him.

-          Ahh so that what you mean… - he responded. – You mean Hunhan, Taoris and all that stuff….Fans like it aren’t they – he smiled.

Me and my friend laughed at statement. It seemed they have been perfectly aware of the attention they friendship and closeness got. He smirked.

-          We read stuff sometimes. I think Kris hyung is worst. He likes some really nasty stories.

We all laughed at that. Who would expect? Leader Kris and his love for ?

We arrived at the park just around 10.30 am. It was still early.

-          I hope there won’t be to many fans. – I sighed.

-          Nope, I made sure if that? – My friend smirked.

-          What do you mean? – Chanyeol who was now walking on our side asked.

-          Someone posted message that you are planning to visit Wembley today – she made that “It wasn’t me” face.

We knew perfectly who was it. I was grateful and boys looked grateful too. Kris and Suho got the tickets and we all walked in. We looked probably like a school group. Boys looked young and all wore sweatpants and hoodies. We stand up near the first ride. It was tall and scary. I have been in Thorpe Park before but I wasn’t fun of to extreme rides.

Chanyeol eyes sparked and he grabbed my friend dragging her away claiming she should go ride that “thing” with him. It was good he used Korean as people around could understand it wrongly. It seemed like all the boys were ready to ride. I was scared of rides. I was coward but I also didn’t want to be left behind. But then when I moved to the que I noticed a young boy, who was frozen at his spot. Luhan stood there looking up.

-          Luhan Hyun hates heights – D.O whispered to me. 

I forgot. I read somewhere he was scared but I didn’t think it was so serious. His expression was probably the same like mine when I was dragged to dungeon. But he probably was better looking. I came forward ignoring. “woohooo” from boys already lined up.

-          Are you ok Lulu? – I smiled.

He didn’t respond. He didn’t even look at me. His eyes were lost somewhere. I waved but there no response. I could make him to come for the ride but then I remembered how I felt, when I was in dungeon. I wouldn’t want him to feel so uncomfortable. I gently got his hand, which made him gaze me. It was first time I initiated contact.

-          Shall we go somewhere else? I don’t like this ride – I said.

He smiled at me and entwined our fingers. I know what girls had seen in him. He looked perfect all the time. But also his very young look and lost gaze made me want to protect him. I informed Kris that we will joined them in a bit, which Kris was fine with, knowing Luhans weakness. People were looking on us and I was worried they make recognize an Exo member. But no one came to us, no one took pictures. Probably they have been only dazzled by his look. We took a depth Charge ride and came out completely soak wet. It was good I left my phone in the lock as was advised. I was shivering a bit when we left. Luhan pulled out his back pack and take out something from it. It was another hoodie.

-          Change your top or you will be sick – he said handing it out for me.

-          What about you? – I asked.

-          I have this – he took out shirt and a jacket.

-          Wow you are prepared – I smiled.

-          Got used to having something spare when there is possibility of your clothes to be torn apart.

I knew he was talking about some crazy fans. I took the hoddie and changed in bathrooms.

-          Looks good – he smiled – just like my other piece of clothes.

But this time he wasn’t annoying ehith what he was saying. It seemd like he was just simply nice and normal. He put hand on my lower back.

-          Fancy some food? – he asked.

-          I would love a coffee instead – I said. I wasn’t hungry but I missed caffeine in my blood.

-          Coffee it is – he smiled.

It was good to be with him just like that. It was like he never was famous. It seemed like we have been on a date even so it wasn’t actually possible outside of fantasies. And I must say, at this time I was thanking god for this job. I could admit myself I was attracted by him. But who wouldn’t be? When Luhan was coming back with coffee So u Min texted me asking where we are. I responded we taking coffee. I got a “wink” in a message and she said they are all going for another tall ride so I should keep the “deer” company for a bit longer. I didn’t mind at all. We sat on a little bench. It seemed like there was nobody around even so theme park was full of people.

-          Come here – he said spreading his arms wide.

-          What do you mean – I asked confused.

-          Can I just hug you? I want to pretend for one day that I am not an Exo member. I want to be normal. I want to feel how it is to be on a date – he said honestly.

-          But we are not on a date – I noticed.

-          I know. But I couldn’t date since we debuted. I want to remember that feeling – he pulled me closer into a back hug.

It faltered me but I was worried I might fall for him and it wouldn’t be good at all. Being to close to any of those boys might be deadly for me. But I couldn’t move. It felt so good to be in his embrace. He hands was resting on my stomach. He put his head on my shoulder. It was first time when he wasn’t cocky about it, or silly. He seemed vonurable at this point.

-          Thank you – he whispered to my ear.

-          Do you miss it? Normality – I asked him.

-          Sometimes. Only in moments like this  - he said. -  I am sorry I was a bit …. Onto you… I was just playing around a bit.

-          I know – I said.

He removed his hands and I turned around. His eyes were looking directly into mine and I was lost again. His hand was lifted and touched my chick.

-          Sometimes I wish I wouldn’t be famous…. – he whispered – but then I wouldn’t be here neither.

And with that he moved his face closer. I didn’t pull away, even so I know where is this going. I am only a girl and he was an attractive guy. Our lips almost touched when he suddenly moved away as he realized what he was about to do. I was disappointed somehow. I was grateful but felt strange feeling too.

-          I am sorry – he said again.

-          No need  - I smiled

He didn’t say anything after that. We just sat in silence drinking coffee.

-          There you are – it was my best friends voice.