Let's start the trip!

Summer Interpreter

I packed my bags. I still couldn’t believe it. I was going on a tour with one of the Sought Korean stars themselves! When I got a phone call from the company last night I was surprised but happy. It was such a good chance to travel like that time when I was a little girl. Even so I was born in England we have been moving around a lot. It was quite helpful. My dad soon discovered my secret talent. I remember when we moved first time. I was only a little and scared. At the beginning I couldn’t understand a word what people where saying but learning different language came quite easy to me. And then as time were passing learning languages became my hobby. Now being a twenty two I was able to speak, apart of English, Spanish, German, French, Korean and Russian. I was also currently taking lessons in Chinese, Japanese and Polish. Why would you ask I was learning Polish? Where my dad moved recently there with my mum while I moved back to England to study. This was how I met my best friend So Yu Min. She was very friendly girl and we became like sisters. The only thing that bugged me with her was her obsession with kpop. Ok, At one part I understand that – she was half Korean half Chinese but seriously? She always tried to convince me to listen to it and I always pretended I did.

She could spend all days taking about some new sensational boygroups and I just laughed as she liked new group every month pretty much. It was my surprised when she managed to like one group for one year now, but sadly I couldn’t remember who it was. I guess it was something starting from E……

I must say I was quite sad when she stated she is going to spend her summer in South Korea. I was hoping we can go somewhere together. I wasn’t expecting anything when she asked me for my cv. She knew I was looking for some summer job, since she was leaving. And then two days ago I got a phone call. It was a call from Korean agency. They asked if I can meet their representative in London since they need an “emergency” assistant-interpreter. After my interview yesterday, where I needed to prove my multilingual skills I was informed I can start my job in two days, which meant tomorrow. I supposed to follow one of the groups on their first world tour. I would be their interpreter, assistant and will hep also with general stuff.

When I packed my bags I called So Yu Min.

-          Hello – she said in English even so she knew I would have no problem in speaking in Korean at all.

-          So Yu Min, are you sleeping?- That reminded me about the time difference. – sorry I forgot. I meant to call you yesterday. You know that agency we talked about? I got the job – I made strange sound to the phone and felt a bit ashamed.

-          Really?!  - she sounded awake now. – Do you know who who are ou going with? I heard it’s two groups going.

-          No, I will know tomorrow when I meet them at airport.

-          Ahh if it EXO I will cry….. You need to tell me straight away ok? Text me? If it’s exo I will be so jealous. You know I love them.

-          Yeah I replied – as well as all other pretty boys, I thought. – anyway I will let you go back to sleep.

I was up very early. I supposed to meet them on the airport and take next flight to Spain. I was not sure why they didn’t have a direct flight but I didn’t ask so many questions. I was just simply excited. I met the representative I had a interview with around 11am. e seeme He seemed a bit stressed. It wasn’t long till the plane landed.

-          Can I ask you something? – I asked in Korean.

He didn’t reply just looked at me.

-          Why they not taking direct flight?

-          Well , flight information’s has been leaked so fans crowded airport. We needed to change times a bit. Regarding this remember you need to keep EVERYTHING confidential.

Tone of his voice made clear that If I say something I will loose job for sure. But why would I say anything? I wasn’t a fangirl. I didn’t do much about kpop. It was my summer job, that would give me more experience for my future dream job. It was pretty quiet for a while and then suddenly hundreds of girl stormed in.

-          They got information already… - manager said.

How the girls were getting the information’s? They seemed like stalkers to me. I followed manager to the VIP section after he informed me we will pass the customs straight away and meet boys there. He got phone call from other manager that they are not going to come out due to security reasons. Seemed good to me. We passed the gates and moved towards waiting arena. In the corner of VIP section there were about fifteen people. What group has so many members? Then manager waved at three of them who seemed a bit older. They had to be either managers or make stuff or whatever.

As soon as we kept getting closer I was starting to feel anxious. Naturally I was confident but it was my first important job. It wasn’t like the previous bar jobs – this one could take me far. I could visit yet again all the places I used to go with my family. Suddenly few of the faces turned to me. They have been all boys!

-          Hyung who is it? – Asked one of them.

-          She is your assistant  Suho – My manager replied. I looked at the boy.

Gosh he was good looking. Then I heard gasps and I could tell I was watched.

-          Does she even understands us – spoken a bit taller one with colourful hair. He was also a very good looking and had that something cheeky in his eyes.

-          Yes  - I replied  with bitterness in my voice.

-          Yah pretty and can speak Korean, wonder if she understand this – he changed to Chinese. I understood most of it but kept quiet as he got me angry. I didn’t want to loose a job because of some young Korean star that thought he is amazing or something.

-          Maknae yah, behave – said the tallest guy with dark hair just after he hit the other guy head with his hand.

-          I am Kris – he said in English, extending his hand and smiling. Other guys just looked at me like I was an animal in zoo.  – You are probably our assistant and interpreter.

-          Yes, my names in Ashley, but you can call me Ash – I replied.

Then I turned my head to managers and bow at them. I said hello and introduced myself.

-          We need to discuss something, since you will have to spend loads of time with the members it’s good if you get to know them. -  Manager Park Soo Ha said to me.

-          Ne – I replied and got my attention back to members.

I was a bit worried, I might be excellent with languages. Gosh I am even excellent with faces. But I was very bad with names. Now I looked around me. There have been twelve members and it actually hit me now I don’t even know the group name.

-          Excuse me – I said to Kris in English, all members eying me carefully. It was distracting since every one of them was absolutely a flower boy. They all represented different type of word handsome but I was sure they have been gorgeous. I bet Yu Min would love to be in my place. I collected myself remembering that I am here for job, and anyway after my love life disaster two years ago I didn’t see myself with another guy for a while, maybe never.  – Could you please introduce yourselves, like names, age etc?

-          You don’t know us? – he asked suddenly in Korean.

-          Hyung of course she does – one purple hair guy replied.

-          Yeah, come on, she just playing – the colourful head guys said eying me like I am his new pray.

-          Actually I don’t – I said a bit angry and a bit ashamed really.

-          Ok….. – Kris said, I could see him smile a little like he was amused. – Yah! Guys come closer.

Within second I was surrounded by twelve good looking guys.

They all kept saying their names and I was praying for them to stick to my head – it didn’t work. All I remembered was Kris, then Lu – something, Chen – the cute boy and Tao, who convinced me to call him Kung fu Panda. To be honest nicknames always worked better with me than names. So I guess it will be easier to just make up some stuff for them. For the Kung Fu Panda, I didn’t have to work hard as he gave nickname himself. Their age was between 19 and 23, so some of them were younger and some older than me.

Someone put hand on my shoulder or at least tried to as I was a bit taller than him.

-          So you are my dongsaeng? – he asked after I told them my age.

-          Xiumin It sounds funny from someone who is shorter than hair – all boys laughed and poor little boy went red pouting.

-          Don’t tease me Mama – he replied and immediately started to run around me trying to escape angry “Mama”.

-          How many languages you speak? – the cutie asked me.

-          Six fluently and currently larning Chinese, Japanese and Polish.

-          Noona I can help with Chinese – he responded. I got side trucked by “noona”. – I can call you Noona Ash right?

Then he got that cute face I couldn’t resist.

-          He already uses aegyo.  – responded Lu – something boy.

After my agreement all I could here was “Noona this, noona that”. I didn’t even managed to respond to all of those questions when I was saved by boarding call. As soon as we got to the plane I took my sit which was between the Lu – boy and tall, black haired boy name I didn’t remember. As soon as plane took off, I remembered something – I was deadly scared of flights, which was silly considering all the times I was in planes. Not controlling my own body I grabbed arm of Lu – boy and hid my head behind his shoulder as far as the security belt let me.

-          Aww she is scared – one of the boys was laughing.

-          She is cute – I heard then in Chinese.

-          Mama can you get me some new Gucci stuff? – Panda boy was asking the “Mama” while jumping excitedly in his seat.

The other boys were either whispering or playing games. Then I remembered that I was still holding Lu – boy arm. I looked at him but all he did was smile.

-          I am sorry….. – I struggled with the name.

-          Luhan , I am Luhan, no problem. By the way call me oppa it may be easier. – he winked at me and that when I knew it will be an interesting summer.

I supposed to be stuck 24/7 with twelve hot guys, some arrogant, some playful, some childish…..

What did I get myself into – I thought and sighed.