Unexpected Date

Summer Interpreter

Saying that the plane ride was awkward will be understatement. Kris literally didn’t look at me the whole flight. I have never seen anyone so interested in the plane window before. I, on the other side tried to concentrate on not being deadly scared of the ride itself. It was good to have Xiumin on my right side to make sure I wouldn’t pass out at some point. He kept me distracted, stealing glances on angry Kris from time to time.

-          What happened to him? – he asked me at some point.

I didn’t answer. I didn’t want to explain to him that Kris saw me kissing Suho while Luhan, Xiumin best friend made it obvious he apparently liked me.

-          You look tormented  - he said to me then looking at me with concern.

-          Just a lot to think of  - I said hoping he would drop the subject.

-          I know. I am sorry we couldn’t protect you from this crazy fans – he stated.

He thought I was still concern about accident that happened before. But that wasn’t the case. Of course I was still worried and any bigger crowd scared me but at this moment I was thinking how to sort out my problem with boys. I needed to put them at distance.

-          It’s not your fault. I am ok, don’t worry. – I answered putting on a weak smile.

When we landed and there was a time to pass all fans I was grateful to find out their put fence between Exo, stuff and fans. Even that put shivers down my spine. Suho was on my side then making sure I would stay calm. He put hand on my shoulder and smiled at me assuring I will be fine. He was sweet I admit and the kiss was floating in my mind. There was no denying I liked him. He was handsome and a perfect gentleman. But there was few things that kept me away from him: he was an idol, a leader and Luhan’s dongsaeng.

Luhan also found his way to my side and I felt more breathless that when crowd surrounded me.

To my big surprised just as we were about to sit in the van someone pulled my hand.

-          You sit with me, we need to talk – It was Kris.

I looked ta him confused but did as he told me too. I sat next to him in the van at the very front behind one of the managers.

-          What is it? – I asked innocently.

-          I am trying to keep you away from them – he hissed. – Can you try to keep your distance?

He was angry and frustrated. But what could I do? I asked them to stay friends with me but its them who keep appearing by my side. Even so I might like Suho I was fully aware of difficulty of situation and backed off.

-          I am trying Kris, for your information. It’s them who clearly don’t understand that – I replied, anger building with me.

He didn’t say anything after that. We stayed in uncomfortable quiet. I was looking at him. His profile was alluring even when he was angry. But who would think that he is so mean sometimes? What happened with the boy who sat outside with me listening to my problems? What happened to the guy who offered me his jacket? Sometimes I considered Kris bipolar or something.

-          You have your own room this time - manager told me when we arrived.  – Kris said its uncomfortable to you and you need rest after the accident so he suggested your own space.

-          Oh that’s great  - I responded. Why it didn’t surprise me. Kris really got on a mission to keep me as much away of guys as we could.

-          Also we decided to give you some time to rest today. Boys schedule starts tomorrow so you can spend the day alone. You don’t need to follow guys. Just go sightseeing – he smiled at me.

-          Ne – I said. It might not be such a bad idea after all. My own time, where I could just enjoy awesome sights of Rome.

I got changed and walked out of the hotel alone. I made sure manager new that I am out. At the end they still have been a bit sensitive regarding all attack. It was very warm outside and I could enjoy the sun, which was opposite to the rainy England. I headed towards main city and sat down next to a wish fountain. I took out change and throw it to the water. I wished  to find out what my heart really wants. My phone rang few times. Luhan, Suho, Tao, even Sehun asking why I didn’t want to join them. But I didn’t respond. I just sat down watching people passing by.

-          No care to answer the phone – I heard behind me.

I looked around to find Suho smiling brightly. I try to run away from him, from Luhan and they always find a way to find me.

-          What are you doing here? – I asked

-          Ouch, not a nice welcome  - he pretended to be hurt. – I thought we can have friendly date.

-          Friendly date – I raised my brow – Suho I told you…..

-          I said friendly – he repeated.  – You know just eat ice cream, walk around that’s all. Managers knows.

-          Does Kris know? – I asked.

-          Why should he? – he asked confused.

-          Nothing – I responded.

He sat down next to me.

-          I am sorry. I know you feel bad because I kissed you. I won’t do it again. I promise  - he said.

Something sank in my heart. His eyes looked hurt and his voice broke. It wasn’t like leader Suho I got to know.

-          Come on, let’s go – he took my hand.  – We going to get ice cream. But let’s find some nice small, hidden place.

He winked at me. I forgot about fans. We waked hand in hand. I knew if Kris saw me I would be dead. He occupied my mind now all the time. I was looking around checking if he is not there. On the other side I was holding onto Suho’s hand. He smiled at me and we just walked like a couple. He would make me laugh from time to time and I was wondering how I will manage to keep my distance from him.

-          Ahh what a nice couple – said lady at the ice cream shop.  

-          We are not… - I started.

-          Thank you – said Suho in English.

I was shocked for two reasons. First he understood Italian, second he confirmed I was his girlfriend.

-          Ahh you have beautiful girlfriend  - she said this time in English.

Suho smiled while I felt my face getting warm. We got our ice cream and I looked at Suho questioning.

-          What? – he asked – Can’t you be my girlfriend for a day? I know the reality Ash I really do. But let me be happy for a day.

He smiled like it was very natural thing to asked.

-          It will be our secret. After that I will let you go, I promise.

I didn’t like the way he said it, but I agreed. It was best thing to do. We found a little park near and sat down on a bench. Sun was going down slowly. We ate ice cream and chatted. He sat closer and put his arm around me. I let him. it was our first and last date. I knew it was still a risk. If someone noticed us I could be in bigger trouble than only loosing a job. He snuggled next to me, utting his head on mine. We sat just simply like that, as world is simple, he is not famous and I am not Exo’s interpreter for the summer. I wish time would stop.

-          Ash? – he asked when we finished eating.

-          Yeah? – I responded.

-          I know I promised before. But I have to do it. It will be last time ok? – he said.

I was confused by his words but before I managed to respond his lips landed on mine. It was perfect timing. Sun was orange in colour and I could feel it brushing my face. Suho was gentle as his arm scooped me closer to him. I found myself responding to the kiss, loosing myself. And knowing that it will never happen again pushed out tear out of my eye. I liked Suho back. At this moment I knew I do. But this also was last moment we could share together.