The Hero

Summer Interpreter

Concert finished around 22.30. Boys were already in the changing room. It was my chance to finally sort my business out so I quickly excused myself and headed for the ladies room. As I was about to walk in, I heard steps behind me. Thinking its probably either one of cordi noonas or technical staff I made my way calmly like nothing was happening. It wasn’t till someone pushed me hard and I felt the ground till I started to register that something was wrong.

-          Stop going with our Oppa. We didn’t fly half of the world to see you with them – I heard girls voice.

I looked up t face around eight girls in 88 promotional hoodies that boys often wore dueing wolf song. They must be around sixteen maybe seventeen. Their faces told me they haven’t been happy but what could I do. I heard kpop fans can be over the board and I also heard of sasaengs but I never thought I might meet some in England.

-          Why you being quiet idiot – another one said harshly.

I got myself up.

-          Look girls I am not sure what are you saying but I am only …. – I didn’t managed to finish since I hit the ground again.

I was attacked on the airport before and I wasn’t weak girl neither but against eight girl getting ready to do anything to “protect” their oppas I didn’t have chance. Another one kicked my upper legs when one of them, with reddish hair started to sharp my hair. It was painful. I got hit in the face and felt a taste of blood. I really tried to fight them but I was already the one on the floor. I covered my face and was lying in the fetus position to ease the pain of being hit.

-          What are you doing here? – I heard familiar voice but I didn’t dare to look up. – Ash? Are you ok?

The voice became more frantic. I heard girls gasping and then it was just me and the voice.

-          Ashley, Ashley are you ok? ? Stupid girls – he said. – Come.

He gently put his arms under me and scoop me in his arms.

-          Kris – I whispered.

-           Yeah it’s me – he said. – I am sorry. I knew it may be not good place for a girl, to be around us. Normally cordi noonas are older and more experienced.

-          But Kris, I like to be around you guys – I said. My eyes began to close and I ws afraid I might go unconscious. I rested my head on Kris’s shoulder, breathing his scent in and out, ignoring the stinging on my lips.

-          What happened?! – someone called.

-          Ashley, Kris?! – another added.

-          Sasaengs I am guessing – answered Kris.   – Suho tell the manager I am taking her to hospital.

-          I am going to  - said Luhan.

-          No, you stay hyung. I will deal with it. Inform the manager and get me taxi, now.

Someone put a jacket on me and I guess we walked out of the building. I am not sure how long we have been waiting for the car to arrive. I also think I passed out at some point because when I looked at the figure who was carrying me, we were already in hospital. I registered there was a cordi noona with us and one of the younger managers. 

Kris sat down putting me on his lap while we have been waiting for a doctor. Apart of fact that I was in pain and shocked I don’t think I had anything broken. I would know right?

-          Ouch – I murmured when I shifted. – I am ok Kris – I said. -You can put me down.

-          Don’t be silly you passed out on me on the way here.

-          I am fine, you will be in trouble when someone see us.  – I stated.

-          I don’t care – he answered shortly.

-          I will check whats with the doctor – said the manager.

-          And Ill get a coffee – added Jae noona.

As in typical English hospital since my stan wasn’t critical we have been waiting for a while before I got to see someone. I hated hospitals and the smell there. I was put in bed and my wounds got treated. For next two hours I got tests done to make sure I don’t have anything broken and my head is also ok.

It was about three in the morning when we finally left the hospital full of painkillers. By then I wanted to walk by myself but Kris insisted to help me out so he was holding me in my waste.

When we got back to the dorm we realized everyone is still up and they have been waiting for me. As soon as I walked though the door they surrounded me. Suho stole me from Kris while Luhan prepared sitting place for me.

-          Guys why you are still up? You have a schedule tomorrow – I said.

-          We have been worried about you  noona – Sehun said.

-          I am ok Sehun, go to sleep. Kris oppa took great care of me.

Before I registered what I did Kris looked at me with weird look.

-          You will be sleeping in one of managers room tonight Ash – Suho said. – Come on I will help you to get there.

On the other side came Lay and Xiumin. They other boys literally followed me.

-          Give her space – shouted one of managers.

-          Guys I am really fine. Go to sleep I will be ok. Kris could you? – I looked at him. I didn’t want so much attention. I couldn’t risk of being removed from the job because of this accident. Suho help me to my bed and then Luhan covered me with the sheets.

-          Ok lets go, let her sleep.  – stated Suho but I could see worry in his eyes. And next to him stood Luhan, sweet as always but with unreadable expression.

I managed to fall asleep even so my whole body was in pain. When I woken up next day, boys were gone and I was left in the dorm with one of managers. To my happiness they let me make decision if I want to stay. I think they expected me to go. But somehow I couldn’t. As a result I was told not to go anywhere alone anymore, even if its bathroom. I got few days off to recover and been politly sent to my apartment when I was taken care of by my best friend. Luhan was texting me now and then and Suho also. I felt guilty thinking I was two timing them even so in reality I didn’t have any of them.  Rest of the boys also called or text whenever they could.

What surprised me on a second day of my absence I got text message from Kris.

“I am in the area. Got your address from a manager hyung. Will be there in an hour. “

 

I stared at the message. I couldn’t believe Kris texted me. I am never sure what to think of him really.

“Are the boys coming?” I texted back.

“Do mean all of us or Joonmyeon and Luhan hyung? No only me”.

Now It was rather obvious he knew. He must have seen me and Suho. Now for some reason I was very scared of Kris visit. And worst was, my friend left an hour ago to sort some stuff. I was doomed.