The disaster

Summer Interpreter

Getting into the van after finishing all schedules in France was something I needed. I was exhausted and couldn’t even imagine how boys felt.

-          Noona, you should sit next to your boyfriend – Tao stated and I rolled my eyes.

They still kept on talking about bet they had. I took a sit between Xiumin and Luhan. Luhan sometimes reminded me of a lost kid. His eyes would often wonder around as he was living in different world. Xiumin however often mistaken for maknae had his childish presence even so he was older than me. He was always smiling brightly. I remember him talking to me how much effort he put into dieting to lose his chubby chicks. It seems they would do everything t please their fans. Both boys were shattered and Xiumin eyes soon closed, his head rested lightly on the window. Luhan kept awake but I could see, he has no clue what was going on. Manager was mumling about schedule in front. I don’t think anyone apart of Kris was listening to him. I wonder if Exo K in second van were like this too.

We took side entrance to the airport to avoid the fans. I can understand how long they waited for Exo but they have been so tired it would be beyond cruel to have them push through crowed. Even workers at airport were looking at the handsome boys and smiling, trying to get a glimpse of their looks. There were some fans taking pictures even from behind glass doors. I guess guys could never have a quite day… I felt a bit sorry for them, but it was life they chosen and even so it was hard sometimes they often mentioned they loved it. Flight didn’t take long and we soon had been in England. London, was my home and I was looking forward to activities here. Even so I knew I will not have much time for myself I was still excited to introduce my city to the boys. They have been here few years ago on Korean concert, well it was only Exo-K. We all slept through rather short flight. I was expecting to be bad at airport in London. I was aware how many fans they had already here. My friend had one of the biggest fanpage in UK and it had thousands of fans. Tickets to concert sold out within minutes too. I was a bit afraid to live the safe part of the airport, were fans couldn’t get in. I could hear all the vices. When we passed customs and got close to the doors all boys tensed. Suho breathed in and out then shouted “Kaja” . I was shoved between Luhan, Xiumin, D.O and Kai. As usual they surrounded me in a case situation would get bad. As expected when door opened I couldn’t hear anything. I could feel hand on my lower back urging me to move forward as fast as I can. Even managers looked stressed. Fans were standing behind metal barriers but they were shattered within seconds. What happened later shocked me to the tears. I was pushed by boys who were now drifting with crowd. There were blinding pictures everywhere, shouting, hands. Some people were even grabbing my shoulders. Boys tried to protect me but at the same time they were running themselves. I looked behind me. D.O, who was protecting my back started to be pushed back by crowd. Where the hell where security?! It was one big mess. D.O was slowly disappearing in the crowd and I could see fear in his eyes.

-          Luhan, Kris , wait, D.O… - I tried to shout but everything was getting lost in all that screams.

I didn’t know what to do. My best friend told me before how D.O is scared of crowds and all. Seeing him being pushed away by them made my heart ache. Some fans were cruel. I didn’t even react when I got slapped for “touching her oppa”. It was to extreme, almost not real. I have made my decision under the wave of emotions. I pushed between boys, before any of them could stop me and moved towards crowd of girls surrounding D.O. It was so extreme I could no longer see him. I was moving past crazy girls, literally shoving them aside. There were one security guy who was dragging them off too, which gave me a space to squeeze. I wonder if their parents know what all of them doing within school hours. By the time I got to the centre of the crowd I was slapped, scratched and my hair was pulled. I found D.O on the floor now. His head was low and hidden in hands. Girls were touching him all over and snapping pictures. I could hear some voices of other members of Exo who finally noticed a missing member. It was hard to go past through these overreacting fans. All of them wanted a piece of “oppa”.

-          D.O  - I begged , extending my hand trying to pull him, but then I was pushed and landed on the floor. I was on my knees and hands.

Fans got even further and D.O was on the edge of crying. My tears were flowing out of my eyes for past few minutes. I was scared, sobbing as a kid. How could I think  I can help him, when there were hundreds of fans? But protecting the boy near me was my priority. I felt like they were my friends now and I had to make sure they were fine. I noticed people in white shirts pushing through, security an managers. I covered D.O’s head a some girls were pulling his hair. Animals – what I thought. I was being pushed all the time too. Then the pushing decreased and I could feel someone above me. I looked through my teary eyes. Luhan was covering me and D.O from one side while Xiumin from the other. How did they got through? And then people in white shirts started pushing crowd aside. Security finally took a hold of crazy fans and we could see space rising. I couldn’t see any other members. Knowing managers they pushed them to van and then worried about the rest.  Someone put hand on my shoulder and Luhan immediately stiffen.

-          Ash? Are you ok?  - I heard familiar female voice.

I couldn’t imagine it , could I? I looked first at D.O who was blinding from the side of his head. It looks like he hit the floor at some point. Then my eyes rested at Luhan who was still covering me with his body. Behind Lulu I noticed someone. There was a tiny girl with long black hair and white T shirt, the same one as girls and boys surrounding us now.

-          So Yu Min? – I whispered. She supposed to be in Korea now.

-          Yeah silly – she responded.

-          Luhan, she is my friend – I said and he moved aside.

I got up and only then I noticed my knees were bleeding.

-          Omo  you should be careful.

-          What are you doing here? – I asked.

-          I thought you might need help  - she smiled – I was right. Good I managed to contact my fanclub and my brothers martial arts teem.

So that’s why there were al in white shirts. Some boys already pulled Luhan and D.O up. Luhan thanked but D.O still kept his eyes on the floor.

-          Let’s take them out – I said to my friend. I was surprised how calm she was next to her idols. But then I knew all she ever wanted was to protect them. Around thirty girls and boys in white shirts surrounded us now and were pushing through the airport.

I was walking next to Yu Min while Luhan and Xiumin took care of their bandmate. When we reached the bus and he boys were safe inside I managed to shouted “ Thank you, I will call you” to my best friend before I was urged by managers inside. Once safe I sat on a place next to Lay checking my knees.

-          What happened back there? – Suho asked concerned.

-          We got a bit squashed by crowd – I responded. – Are you ok D.O?

He didn’t respond. I moved towards him ignoring pain in my body.

-          Do you have first aid?

-          I have some stuff – answered Tao, looking through his Gucci bag and then handing me plasters and some water.

-          Thanks- I responded.

I moved towards D.O, put a stingy water on his forhead first and then covering with a plaster. He mumbled something but still didn’t say anything. Kai had his arm around him now as to protect him.

-          Now is your turn – Lay forced me to sit down.

Then he looked at my knees. Ok wearing shorts it was a very bad idea.

-          Are you  ok? – asked Luhan.

I smiled towards him. It would have been worse if he and Xiumin didn’t come.

-Yes thanks – I responded. Lay was touching my skin with a swiftness of a doctor. Within minutes my scratched parts were covered with plasters. Kris was currently talking to a mangers.

 - Who was that group, who helped us out? – It was Xiumin this time.

 - My best friend’s fanclub…. You know the crazy one you all talked over the phone?

 - Really noona? – it was Tao. – We should thank them somehow.

I smiled. They have been good boys. None of them complained about how they have been treated by fans sometimes. They haven’t been even angry. It was more like sadness. Sadness that they had to hide every time they were in public.