killing the Alpha Rogue

You Are Mine

“Good Morning, Alpha.” All of my brothers greeted in unison and laughed afterwards.

“How many times do I have to tell you don’t call me that yet?!” I shouted, glaring at my brothers.

“It’s good to see you up and alive, baby girl.” It was Jinyoung who said that, sitting beside me and patting my head. I pushed my brother away from me and walked towards my bathroom. I took a long cold shower and went out satisfied. I changed to my green t-shirt and dark skinny jeans and combat shoes.

When I got out of my room, I was greeted by my two brothers, Dong Jun and Junsu. I smiled and walked in between them but I ran ahead of them and got toast from the bar and jumped outside. Kai was waiting for me because we planned on taking patrols for today.

While walking, my pack mates greeted me and I only smiled back. After that we ran towards the middle of the woods, took our clothes off and changed to our wolves. I am a snowy white wolf while Kai is a black wolf. We started running towards the border until we have reached the other end.

“I never thought we have a big land.”  I commented, sitting beside him and looking at the sky.

“Well now that you’re our Alpha, you need to know.”

“What else?”

“I don’t know much, so don’t ask me.” He answered. “The best one to ask about it is your older brother Siwon or your father.”

“Maybe your right.” I answered, standing up. “I’m hungry.”

“Let’s go then.”

We stood up and changed again to our wolves and ran towards the pack house to get something to eat. But the ran we have become a competition and thanks to my Alpha speed, I won. So that means that Kai is treating me with caramel ice cream later!

 

~~

 

I grabbed my bag and ran towards Jinyoung’s room and saw him talking on the phone with someone. I waited on his bed and pretended to sleep because I have nothing to do right now, Siwon is busy talking to dad, Dong Jun and Junsu were busy doing some pranks on somebody I don’t know,  Jeong Min is also busy typing something on his laptop so there is no left but my brother Jinyoung.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I saw Jinyoung carrying me. I shouted and tried to jump away from him but his still stronger so that means I can do nothing at the moment. I just crossed my arms and waited for him to drop me off somewhere and when he did, I saw a lot of books on the table. I looked at my brother with a puzzled look and asked what’s going on. He smiled and instructed me to read and understand all of these books. I nodded my head and started. He then went out and I continued reading.

“Cool.” I commented reading and analysing the book that I am holding right now.

After some hours later, I finished reading all the books and got bored. I went out and went to the kitchen again because I am really hungry right now. I met my brother Dong Jun and Junsu finishing their food and walking out. I didn’t mind them and went to make sandwich for myself.

“Have you finished reading the books I gave you?” Jinyoung asked, suddenly appearing in front of me and smiling.

“Yes, though some books you gave me are very hard to understand but after some time, I was able to understand them.” I answered, turning around and sitting on dining table. “But can I ask something? Why did you make me read those books?”

“I made you read those books because those are the histories of our land, you must understand them fully.”

“I have…” I let my words hanging. “…Understood everything except for the “Mate”. I just don’t get it how can two people fall in love immediately.”

Jinyoung sat beside me and laughed. “You don’t have to understand that yet because you are still young, baby girl.”

“Oh, so when can I understand that?”

“When you turn older.” He then patted my head.

 

~~

 

“Are you ready for your ice cream?” Kai asked, looking at me and waited for my answer.

I nodded and let him drag me to a near ice cream door. We reached the ice cream parlour and I immediately sat on a good table and waited for him. I didn’t have to tell him what ice cream I want because he already knows it. While waiting, I saw my other pack mates sitting across us. When they noticed me staring, they smiled and greeted me.

“Who is with you?” CL, one of the pack mates who are also here asked.

“I am.” Kai suddenly answered, smiling at her and seating right next to me.

“Oh…” The only thing she said, smiling nervously and returning to talk to her friends.

After that, Kai and I started talking random stuffs and laughing. But having to talk to him like this gave me an idea. I wanted to start my singing career with my best friend. At first I thought that he would think I’m crazy because why do I need to have a job when I am already rich but he gave me an opposite answer, he took my hand and told me that he would help me become the singer I want to be.

“What screen name do you want to use?” He asked while we walk out of the parlour. I looked at him with a puzzled look and asked why. “It’s because of security reasons.”

“Oh…” I started, looking at the woods and thinking of a good screen name. “What about Jung Su - yeon?”

“You’re gonna use your Korean name?”

“Yup, no one knows that it’s me so it’s fine.”

“That’s a great idea.”

“I know.” I answered confidently and laughed afterwards. We didn’t talk afterwards and went back to the pack house to be greeted by my family.

Jeong Min dragged Kai away from me and Siwon took me inside then into the safe room along with the other women and children. I didn’t know what is happening but I didn’t ask questions because I’m actually tired after running for 5 hours and reading for 6 hours.

I just decided to get cosy on the bed and waited for anything to finish. The only thing that woke me up is my brother Dong Jun opening the door, struggling to breathe. I immediately went to his side and asked what happened and the only thing he was able to breathe out is the word ‘rogue’ and then he passed out. I was greatly pissed off right now. Why didn’t they tell me that there was an attack?!

I shook my head and ordered the other women inside the safe room to take care of my brother while I take care of those effing bastards. Everyone tried to stop me but since I am beyond furious I snapped at them and ordered to not stop me and take care of Dong Jun and the children. Fear was noticeable in their faces and they just nodded in response.

But before I went out, I changed to my suit and combat boots. I opened the door to be met by Jeong Min and Kai surrounded by what I’m guessing is 10 rogues? I didn’t have any second choice and killed all of them. The two looked shocked when I attacked but relieved when they saw them dead. I snapped at them and ordered to stand in front of the safe room’s door and protect it while I kill some more.

I ran as fast as I could to look for my other pack mates. I saw some injured and some still struggling with rogues. I ran to kill them and went on. Even though I’m tired because of what I did today I still didn’t let anyone kill my family. No matter how strong they are, they will have to get through me to kill them.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when a large, muscular brown wolf stood across me and growled. I growled back, not letting him think that because I’m smaller than him, he could kill me easily.  We then went in circles, still growling at each other.  He then made a vicious growl and jumped towards me, good thing I was able to dodge it and jumped on his back and effectively knocking him down. I jumped away from him and waited for him to stand up and attack again. I mockingly smiled at him when he did what I was expecting him to do. I made a side step and grabbed him by neck and snapped it making him lie there, dead.

I didn’t know what happened but I killed a wolf, still in my human form.

“Jessica!” I then heard my brother shout, running to hug me. I struggled to breathe when he attacked me and smiled when I saw the others standing around us. They looked really exhausted. Some sat and some laid there relaxing. “Don’t you ever do that again! Do you hear me? You could have been killed!”

I exhaled and tapped his shoulder. “If I didn’t go out of the safe room, you will be the one who is killed!”

“But you didn’t have to go out!”

“I need to, I need to let my wolf out because she was pissed by Dong Jun oppa getting badly injured and rogues were attacking!” I yelled back. “Why the hell didn’t you tell that there were rogues attacking?!”

“We know that you are tired after running and reading.” Jinyoung answered for Siwon, “So we thought that you would want to rest.”

“I did get my rest, thank you very much.” I answered, forcing a smile on my face. “But can I ask you something? Who is that guy?” I then pointed at the guy I killed a few minutes ago.

“He’s the Alpha rogue.”

“I…” I started, looking at them wide – eyed. “I… killed the alpha rogue?”

“Fortunately, yes.” All of my brothers, except Dong Jun oppa answered.

“Pack meeting.” I ordered and everyone nodded their heads.

We then went back to the pack house. I lay on the couch and rested beside my brother Junsu and waited for the others to come. While waiting, I thought of what things I could say to my pack. This is such a downer. What a turn of events. I mentally complained, rolling my eyes.

‘We are already’ Siwon oppa said through the pack link and I nodded my head and walked out of the living room.

I saw men, women, children and elderly standing before me. They looked up and locked their gazes to mine and waited for me to talk. I didn’t make any introduction and told them what is the problem in a straight-to-the-point kind of way. My parents arrived a few minutes later. I acknowledge their presents and used that as an example of what I don’t like. They all nodded and even promised that they will help me with the things I told them I would do. No one protested, making it easier for me now.

~~

"Jessica!!" I heard someone shouting my name. I looked around to see Nicole, Kai, Yuri and Minho running my way. I rolled at my friends. They are so wild.

I stood up and arched an eyebrow at them. I saw Kai immediately embracing me and standing beside me while the other three glared at him. I asked what the hell is wrong with them and they told me that Kai owes them money. Here comes the best friend I know, the Kai who borrows money from me.

"How much money does this guy owe you?" I asked, walking towards the three and crossing my arms as I turn to look at my best friend.

"He owes us 10 dollars each." Minho said, sticking his tongue out for Kai who pouted at me.

I laughed at how my best friend could owe someone as big as that. I may be rich but 10 for me is already a big number. So, being a good friend to him, I took my wallet from my pocket and gave each one 10 dollars. Kai will so pay me back later.

"Let's eat then! Our treat." Nicole said, waving the 10 dollars and making us laugh.

We went to this cheap restaurant near our school and ordered a large Manhattan lover's pizza and bought 3 sodas. Kai and I would share, Yuri and Minho will share and Nicole will have hers alone. We then started talking about random stuffs. While eating, Yuri suddenly told us that Minho and she would go somewhere that we are not invited so I didn't ask about that any further. Nicole and Kai were next and now I am all alone.

I decided to go to the lake and lay down for a while. I really do love my life right now. I was able to lead my pack the way I wanted it to and my family doesn't hate me about being someone they want me to be. As my father always says, "Change can either make or break you." and I believe on that. As long as I choose the good choices, I know that I would live my life peacefully.

My Child, I suddenly heard someone say. I turn to look around to look for the owner of the voice but no one was there.

I shook my head, laughing at myself because I am already hearing things.

My Child, look at me. The voice said again making me turn my head again but there wasn't there until I turned back around to see the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. She was wearing a white gown and her hair was tied elegantly. Oh how I wish I was as beautiful as her. You have done well, my child. But alas, there is still someone who is much stronger and evil. You must defeat him, my child.

Who is he?

I can't give you any more information, my child.

But how could I know that he is the one?

When the first snow falls in your hand, there you will meet him.

How is that possible?

I have a gift that you must know on your own.

Really?

Yes. Now I must go because you are needed right now.

When will I see you again? I asked, really looking forward to meeting her again.

Keep what we have talked about a secret and yes, my dear, we will meet again.

She smiled and vanished into thin air. My eyes widen as to how she could just disappear like that. I shook my head and stood up. Stretched some of muscles and went back to the pack house. While walking I suddenly heard Hyoyeon’s loud voice throughout the house. I covered my precious ear and went immediately inside my room.

But I wasn't saved by her screaming because she showed up just as I sat on my bed. I got irritated and told her to shut up using my Alpha voice and she kept quiet and sat beside me on the bed. Now was the time that I was able to ask her what is wrong. She laughed suddenly, making me raise an eyebrow at her and asked once more and when her face became serious, I waited.

"I found something very interesting." She said, placing her hands on my shoulder.

"What is it?"

"Someone particular were busy swimming early in the morning and was with Key."

I arched an eyebrow at her and shook my head. She was talking about last night. But nothing happened and I'm sure Key didn't spread any false rumours, right? Because if he did, he’ll be dead by tomorrow. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I saw Hyoyeon dancing happily in front of me. I pushed her away from me and asked what is wrong with her head right now. She looks like a girl who was just asked by her crush to a prom.

"Give me a break, Hyo! What the hell is wrong with you?!"

"Key told me that you agreed to be his date for the prom!" She shouted, playfully raising her eyebrows at me.

"I did what?" I asked, totally shocked with the information I just heard. Key said that?

"You agreed to be Ke--"

"I know what you said! I just can't believe Key would say that. He never told me anything."

"He was so happy about it, you know." she tapped my shoulder and pulled me to a hug. "I always thought that you guys would end up together."

"Wait, I just remembered something. Kai IS my date to the prom!" I looked at her wide eyed and ran to were my best friend might be staying.

I saw him outside the house sitting on the grass. He was with Key who looked really triumphant and that made me wonder why. I walked to them silently and waited for anything. That was the time that I heard Kai cursing at Key.

"What the is your problem?” He asked rather calmly. “Jessica is going with me to the prom and not with you.”

“You can’t go with her anymore, the rumours already spread, she’s now my date.”

“Rumours can be either true or not, Key. I’m pretty sure Jessica remembers that I promised to take her to the prom.”

“She can’t take it back now. She’ll be mine.”

Like hell I am. I told myself mentally, wanting to beat the crap out of Key. I thought he was my friend? He was just a psycho who thought that he could get anything he wants. What a weirdo. He’s just like the other guys who were after me before. Good thing I have a best friend to protect me.

“She’ll never be with you.” Kai said through gritted teeth. “She’s your Alpha and she can do whatever she wants.”

“I can always make her fall in love with me, you know.” Key said, grinning evilly at Kai.

“Like hell she would. She cares for the pack more than you, Key. You can’t just do whatever you want. She has bigger responsibility that you would never understand.” He answered, giving Key a death glare.

Chocolate? Where are you? I asked, wanting to get him away from Key as soon as possible because I think he’s about to beat him up.

I’m in the lake, why? He lied, still glaring at Key. Do you need anything?

I want some company.

Alright, be there in less than 5 minutes. He said, grabbing Key by the collar. “Listen to what I’m about to say, Key. Jessica is not a ing toy that you could play around. She’s going to the prom with me and its final.” He said then throwing him towards the other side.

I tiptoed towards the back door and went immediately to my office where I saw Siwon sitting on the couch and Kai standing there looking at the window. When I entered, Kai immediately shot me a worried look and told me to seat down.

“Have you heard the rumours?” They both asked in unison.

“The one with Key and the prom? Yup, I did.”

“What are you going to do?” Siwon asked, eyeing me closely.

“Key’s a psycho.” I suddenly commented, crossing my arms and legs. “I won’t go with him. I am going with Kai.”

“Good, I don’t even like that guy.” Kai smiled and sat across me. “Thanks for being my date to the prom, Caramel.”

“Anything for my Chocolate.”

“geuligo nan aus-iya! (And I’m out!)” Siwon then shouted, making us laugh at him.

After Siwon left, I went to open my laptop and check on my Facebook account. After opening it, I saw some of my friend’s photos were uploaded and they were really vain. Kai stood behind me and checked my account for some time until I decided to tell him that I heard him talk with Key earlier.

“geulaeseo? (so?)”  He asked, looking at me through the screen of the laptop.

“So, I just told you that because I don’t want to lie to you.” I confessed, breathing heavily afterwards. “And thanks for being there for me.”

“You couldn’t live without me anyway.” He commented, smirking afterwards.

“Yeah, yeah.” I answered in defeat, making him do a happy dance.