Birthday & Prom..~

You Are Mine

 

 

**3 year later later**

 

“Happy Birthday!!” Everyone shouted outside my room that made me sat up and look around for danger. I saw everyone laughing at me, I rolled my eyes and uttered my ‘thank you’ and shooed them out because I am going for a shower and change to something more appropriate rather than my pyjamas.

I entered my bathroom to be met by a sweet smell of rose. I smiled and went to take my shower. Today is the day that I was born and I won’t let anyone ruin it for me. After applying shampoo and conditioner I went out of the room to change to the outfit that suddenly appeared on my bed. There was a letter next to it and of course I took it. It said

Happy 17th Birthday Jessica,

~K’

I rolled my eyes and looked at the outfit Kai left. It was black skinny jeans matched with black and blue nubu striped tunic and there is also a black leather boots. I smiled. He really knows what I like. Well, he is my best friend so he is supposed to know what I like and don’t like. After doing so, I went to my mirror and looked at myself. What kind of hairstyle can I do to match my outfit? Without thinking of any other hairstyle, I did a simple fishtail and went out to eat breakfast.

I was greeted by another ‘happy birthday’ by my pack mates whom I only returned with a smile. I saw our cook, Chef Taemin cooking exactly my favourite, eggs and bacon. I greeted him with a hello and he returned me with a plate full of bacon. I kissed him on the cheeks and started eating it when suddenly all of my brothers slammed the door open.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, standing up.

“Happy Birthday baby girl!” That was their answer before attacking me with hugs and kisses.

I laughed and struggled to get out of their hugs because I am suffocated! I need air to you know. I shouted in our pack link. They then let go of me and sat on the table. They then asked if I was doing anything particular for today. I shook my head and placed my plate on the sink and wiped my mouth. Junsu then pulled me towards his car and told me to get in. I didn’t have time to ask any question because they ignored me and drove off to somewhere.

“Where are you taking me?” I asked them for the tenth time already. “You know, this is considered kidnapping.” I whined, crossing my arms.

“You cannot consider this as kidnapping when you know who we are.” Siwon said.

“Dangsin-eul goso (Sue you.)” I answered rudely, crossing my legs to. “I want to sue you all for not telling me where we are going.”

“You can’t sue us baby girl, you love us too much.” Dong Jun answered teasingly, laughing afterwards.

“Whatever.”  We then arrived at the beach. I squealed and got of the car followed by my brothers. But wait a minute; I don’t have any swimsuit on! How could they bring me here without letting me know?!

Siwon then called for my attention and when I turned to look at him, he tossed me my violet bag. I opened it wide eyed when I saw my apple green swim suit and sandals; I blew him a kiss and went to the changing room. After changing I went out to see my brothers already having fun on the water. I placed it beside the other stuff and ran towards them. But when I got there, Jeong Min suddenly carried me bridal style and tossed me to the water, making me really wet now. Of course I got angry so I pushed him and smacked his head.

“Having a fun day already?” Jinyoung asked, smiling and swimming beside me.

“Hell yeah! This is so fun!” I shouted, hugging him and continued swimming.

After a few hours of swimming, my parents suddenly appeared and called for us. I ran towards them and told them about the stuffs I did this morning, well it isn’t eventful but my parents listened to my story. We stayed in the beach until my father told me that we should be getting back right now because there is something waiting for me in the pack house, and because I’m curious as to what is it I ran ahead and shouted at them to hurry up.

“You don’t have to be that excited!” Jinyoung shouted, rolling his eyes as he enters the car.

“Well, I am that excited because it’s my birthday and there is gonna be surprise!” I yelled back, smiling like an insane person.

Jinyoung rolled his eyes again and the others laughed at him, including me. After a few minutes of talking we arrived at pack house and I immediately went out of the car and ran inside. I am shocked to see no one in there. The lights were off; no one is hiding to surprise me or anything, just complete darkness. Jeong Min and Junsu followed me in tow and told me to change to something more elegant. I obliged immediately and went to look for a nice dress to wear. I settled for my black leather dress matched with my black ankle boots. I didn’t mind putting on a lot of make up just a foundation, eyeliner and lipstick. I went down from my room but I was suddenly blind folded.

“What the?” I asked, trying to reach for anything to support me to walk.

“Just stay calm and relax baby girl,” I hear my dad said holding my hand. “Here, let me you.”

“Eodilo? (To where?)”

“Geugos-eun bimil (It’s a secret.)”

“Wae? (Why?)”

“Moleugess-eoyo (I don’t know.)”

“I don’t get it.”

My dad just giggled in response, and then we stopped. My dad removed my blind fold and kissed my cheeks and uttered a ‘good luck’. I looked at him confused but got distracted when I saw I was standing beside a beautiful fountain. I looked around and saw that there is also a set table for two, making me realize that this is a dinner date, but with whom?

“Didn’t expect me to be your date tonight?” I heard my best friend ask, smiling from the other side.

I smiled and ran towards him. “I didn’t expect this at all. This whole fountain thing is very surprising though.”

“I knew you would be surprised.” He kissed me on the cheeks and led me to the set table. He became a gentleman and let me seat first before him. I uttered a ‘gamsahabnida’ and waited for him to speak. He didn’t say anything for the first few minutes but laughed after, making me confused but laughed with him anyway.

“What’s with all this?” I managed to ask, I was still surprised that my best friend would go through this trouble just because it’s my birthday.

“Don’t you like it?”

“No, I do like it. I just wondered why.”

“No reason, I want something different for your birthday for a change.” He smiled sheepishly and looked at me straight in the eye.

“Awe, you don’t need to do that chocolate.” I said, smiling and reaching for his hand. “Just being with you and my family is enough gifts for me you know.”

“I know that caramel.”

We then stopped talking when there was 3 waiters appeared with trays of my favourite food. Yeah, I have a lot of foods that I love and James knows it all. I smiled and picked what food I will eat first. I then settled for the pasta then chicken then many more. It’s too many to mention and I am too lazy to write it all down.

“Slow down Caramel, we have all the time in the world to finish everything.” I heard him say, laughing afterwards when he saw how dirty my mouth is right now. I may be a girl but sometimes I’m like a guy when I eat. James doesn’t care about my eating anyways, unlike some people. (I’m referring to my parents and brothers) they would just make me stop eating and give me a lecture about table manners.

“I just can’t stop eating. This is so amazing!” I shouted, still eating.

He smiled and ate along with me. After eating we suddenly heard a slow music suddenly playing and Kai surprised me by asking me to dance with him, at first I wanted to decline the offer but when I rethink about it, it was Kai who is asking me to dance with him. So I agreed and we danced. We laughed at how clumsy I was because I am always stepping on his foot but again, he didn’t care again so I made it on purpose this time.

“You better stop doing that on purpose, Caramel.” He said, tightening his grip on my waist. “Or I will be the one stepping on your favourite shoes.”

I laughed and nodded in response. He really knows me too well. “This is one of the best birthdays I ever had.”  I then said honestly, smiling at me.

“What are the others?”

“You know, my first and seventh birthday.”

“Ah...” He chuckled afterwards and made me twirl. “Anyways, I am completely honest with you right now.”

“You are always honest with me.”

“I know, but I really had a hard time picking something that would really fit you, so I settled for this…” He started, making me turn around and wore a gold necklace around my neck. I picked it up from my neck and saw my and his initials together. I smiled and turned around to hug my best friend. “…I made that necklace so it’s one of a kind.”

“Amazing.” I uttered, still hugging him. “When did you start making this?”

“A month ago, I was already having trouble about my gift to you so I just made that.”

“You are the best, Kim Jong In. Nan dangsin-I neomu saranghaeyo! (I love you so much!)”

“Naega dangsin-eul neomu saranghaeyo(I love you too), Jessica Jung.”

 

~~

 

“How was the date last night, baby girl?” All of my brothers asked in unison, smiling at me then looking at the necklace Kai gave me.

“It was one of the best nights of my life.” I answered honestly. Smiling at them and touching my necklace.

“Does this mean we’re going to hear wedding bell soon?” Junsu teasingly ask, making my other four brothers smack him on the head. “What? You don’t want her to get married?”

“Not until she’s at the right age.” Siwon said, still glaring at my brother and making me roll my eyes.

“That she is actually inside her room and the she is actually in front of you.” I sarcastically said, rolling again my eyes.

“We know that baby girl.” The two answered in unison.

We then laughed after a few minutes of silence. I then shooed them out of my room so that I could have my cold shower and change because I haven’t got to look into the pack reports. I turned the shower and started to remove my clothes but I didn’t remove my necklace because it is so beautiful. After exactly 10 minutes of showering, I covered my body with a towel and looked for something good to wear. I settled for my mustachio dirty white tank top, black skinny jeans and combat boots and went straight to the kitchen then to my office.

After checking all of the reports, I called for my beta and asked him how the patrol was doing. He answered my question straight to the point, there was no more further attacks after the attack three years ago and he didn’t have to wait for me to ask about the training session are going and answered at the same way he did with the previous one. Everyone got stronger and independent; some may need a little work more because they are still not doing their best. I nodded and told him that he would go and tell those people that I will personally train them.

“Is that all, Alpha?” He asked, smirking when he said the last part.

“Yes, you may go now.”

“Alright,” He then turned around and walked away.

 

~~

“What are you gonna wear for the prom?” I heard SooYoung asked me the fifth time.

“I told you before SooYoung, a simple white dress is fine with me.”

“No! That’s prom, Sica! You must look prettier than you are normally.”

“Whatever. I’ll just let Kai pick something for me.”

“You guys are really close, aren’t you?” Taeyeon then asked, smiling. “I wonder if I my mate is as handsome as Kai.” Then she looked at the ceiling dreamingly.

I laughed at her together with the other girls. Taeyeon is our leader yet she likes to know who her mate already is. We were actually training right now for a dance number that will happen on Saturday.

“After this, can we shop for gowns?” Asked Sunny, looking at me with hopeful eyes.

“Sure,” I answered in defeat, making her do a happy dance with Yuri, SooYoung and Hyoyeon.

The dance rehearsals finished after two hours and everyone was exhausted including me. We went to take a shower first before we went on gown hunting. The Prom is one week away and we haven’t bought anything yet. I can’t buy next week because I will have a meeting with my dad, Siwon oppa and some other Alphas who came to visit.

We arrived at the mall and immediately looked for something that could suit us. Yoona was the first one to choose and she bought a pink strapless gown matched with a pink high heels.  Hyoyeon was next with her white bridal gown and pink stilettos. Yuri was next with her white satin gown matched with her white stilettos. SooYoung was next and she bought this pink Long Greek Cocktail Dress with her high heels. SeoHyun chose to wear her blue strapless gown matched with her blue stilettos, Sunny chose to buy an apple green gown with green high heels, Taeyeon bought a yellow gown matched with her black stilettos while I, I bought this purple gown matched with a white high heels.

 

~~ PROM DATE~~

We were all getting ready for our Prom.  Mom is doing my hair and make-up while the other girls were with their own make-up artist. The prom was tonight and I am getting really nervous. There are so many beautiful girls in that party and I don’t know if I could keep my Kai by my side. Of course he would go and hunt for girls he likes while I just sat there, waiting for it to be ended.

“Dangsin-eun junbiga? (Are you ready?)” I heard my father ask, opening the door with Dong Jun. Since Dong Jun and I only have a one year gap, he is still in high school with me and would come with us. “Dangsin-eun meosjyeoyo. (You look amazing)” My father whispered in my ear making me smile.

“Gamsahabnida. (Thank you)” I replied, bowing my head in embarrassment.

We reached the last step of the stairs and there I saw my best friend in his black tuxedo. He looked handsome as ever and I’m glad he’s not a psycho like Key. Now it got me wondering, who is Key’s date for tonight?

“As always, you look amazing.” Kai commented, making me laugh at him.

“Why, thank you sir.” I bowed and pretended to look flattered on his compliment. “Now, shall we go?” I asked holding his hand.

He laughed at me and escorted me to his black Ferrari which I still couldn’t stop wondering why I haven’t still got my own. It wasn’t fair for me because I want to drive also.

“Stop daydreaming, Caramel.” I heard Kai say, stopping the engine and shaking my shoulders.

“I’m not day dreaming.” I argued, crossing my arms and looking the other way.

“Oh c’mon, stop being childish and let’s go!” He shouted going out of the car while I follow in tow.

The Prom started rather boring. People didn’t actually like the theme but since I came and danced with the girls, everyone danced with us. After dancing for some time, I decided to seat down for a while and talk with Yuri because she’s the only one on our table besides Kai.

“Isn’t it great?” She asked me, smiling. “I thought everyone would be leaving early. But thanks to you, the prom became a bomb!”

“Don’t thank me, Yul. It’s thanks to us. If it weren’t for us dancing and showing them that the party is great even though the theme , we weren’t even be here.” I commented, swaying on my chair.

“Do you want to dance?” I then heard Kai ask. Smiling at me and extending his hand.

I looked at him confused and realized that the song that is already playing is a slow song. I smiled at him and took his hand. He pulled me in the middle and we both swayed to the song.

While we were dancing, the MC suddenly stopped the music, earning some awe’s from the crowd. It didn’t take long for everyone to listen to him because he said that it was about to announce the Prom King and Queen.

I rolled my eyes and pulled Kai towards our seat. I don’t have any interest on winning this Prom title so I don’t really care whoever won it. I’ll just congratulate the couple who wins this year and be on my way home.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Kai told me to listen to the MC. I rolled my eyes and leaned on his shoulder until the couples goes up the stage, takes the crown and starts the slow dance again. I want everything to be over now.

“… And the Prom Queen is… Jessica Jung!” The MC shouted, making seat up straight and look at him wide eyed. Did he just say my name?! This must be a sick joke! I mean, who the hell voted for me?! “…And the Prom King is none other than Kim Jong In!”

I stared at my best friend, mentally asking why we were both chosen as the King and Queen. He just shrugged it off and pulled me towards the stage. We both took the crown and started the slow dance, again.

“Who the hell nominated me?” I asked him, looking at his eyes.

“We did, that’s why we wanted you to come today.” He answered, spinning me around.

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because if I did then you wouldn’t come.”

“You have a good point there.” I commented, leaning on his chest. “Anyway, can we go now? I am already sleepy.”

“Gaja. (Let’s go)” He then pulled me to outside of the place and drove me home.

All through the ride I kept silent while holding Kai’s hand. I really love holding his hand; it’s so soft and big making it really comfortable.