Skating ~

You Are Mine

 

Kai's POV

I woke up at the sound of my best friend suddenly shouting as she enters my room. I glared at her for waking me up but she only laughed at me and told me that she wants to go to the ice skating rink and she wants me to go with her, being a good friend and a spy to her mate, I agreed.

Her smile widens and she told me to get ready and went out. I locked my door and called Jaejoong. He answered in a few rings and asked why I called for. I didn’t greet him like I always do and just told him what his mate is doing right now.

“Are you coming with her?” He asked annoyance present in his voice.

“Yeah,” I told him. “But don’t get the wrong idea.”

He groaned. “You’re gonna see be with her.”

I chuckled at his words. “So? Don’t worry; I won’t take what’s yours.”

“You better.” He threatened, making me laugh.

“Yeah, yeah,” I told him as I hung up and changed to my white shirt and jeans.

I went out holding my bag and saw Jessica crossed arms and glaring at me. I then realized how long it took to talk to her mate. I apologized, messing her hair as I run away from her. She shouted at me but stopped when she saw Selena standing there.

“Where are you going?” She asks, glaring at her.

“To the rink,” She answered, looking at her blankly. “Why?”

“You should go and do your job Jessica,” She says back, crossing her arms.

“I already did my job yesterday, Selena.” Jessica shots back, standing now beside me. “Now if you’ll excuse us, we’ll be going now.”

“You’re not a great Alpha!” She shouted, really getting pissed.

Jessica stopped, walked back to her and glared. “You have no right to say that to me, Selena. I am the Alpha of this pack you have joined without second thoughts. Let me remind you, you don’t talk to me like that. No one does that.” She breathes, then continued. “And I always do my job. I finished my work yesterday and I’m going to relieve my stress today.”

Selena stepped back, nodding her head. She went running somewhere else making Jessica sigh. I know she didn’t want to shout at her or say anything mean but Selena is getting on her nerves right now. I don’t know what happened but after the masquerade ball, she became stricter at Jessica, wanting her to always work. I think Jessica had enough with her and just exploded.

“Stop it Caramel.” I told her, pulling her to me and escorting her to my car. “Today is your free day and if you will let Selena to just ruin that for you then…” I stopped when I saw her tears suddenly falling down her face.

Dammit,

I hugged her and told her that everything will be okay. She didn’t say anything and just cried and when she stopped, I started driving towards the rink. We saw few people skating. I went out, took our bags and looked for a place where we could stay.  She started running towards the booth to take two shoes and gave me mine before she went inside alone, making my eyes glued to her.

Caramel! Be careful!” I shouted, shaking my head when I saw her looking back and smiling.

She started going around the rink, making me want to join her. But I restrained myself and told myself that we could skate later together. She just needs to let her stress out and that is what I’m giving her right now. She doesn’t want to talk when she’s angry. That’s why I don’t stay when she’s mad because I know it won’t be pretty.

“Kai!” I then heard her shout.

I looked at her and saw her smiling, waiting for me to join her. I just nodded my head and went inside with her. We skate around the rink for more than 4 hours, making me really hungry. I went out the rink with her following in tow and I immediately took my shoes and went out to buy some burgers for us two.

I went back with the food to see her being talked to by a stranger. I saw her really pissed and told the man to go but he was persistent. I stormed to where they are and s my arms to her waist. She looked at me and understood that I’m going to help her.

“What are you doing to my girl?” I asked through gritted teeth.

“Sorry man, I just thought that she’s alone.” He answered, looking down.

“Get out of my face.” I told him, glaring at the man.

He left and I removed my arms from her waist and asked if she was okay, she didn’t say anything and just nodded her head. We went back to the pack house after finishing the food but Jessica still looking gloomy. What’s wrong with her right now?

“Are you alright?” I asked, stopping the car.

“I’m fine, Chocolate. No worries.” She answers, faking a smile.

“I know that you’re not but I won’t push.” I reassured her, tapping her head and going out of the car.

I walked towards my room and lay my bed. This is really confusing and I don’t know how to solve it. Jessica’s is being really complicated nowadays and I don’t even know what the reason is.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when suddenly I heard my cell phone ring. I looked at the caller ID and saw Jaejoong’s name flash on the screen. I sigh, picked it up and locked the doors before answering his call.

“I feel Jessica is hurting. What happened?” He asked, making me shake my head.

I sigh, looked at the ceiling and told him what happened. “I know Jessica, Jaejoong. She doesn’t like to be told at and Selena got too far. She cried and I comforted her.”

“What happened in the ice skating rink?” He asks, ignoring the first part of my story.

“She begun skating, at first I didn’t want to come and skate with her because I know that she wants to let it all out by herself.” I stopped, trying to remember what happened next. “And then when I was about to go back with the food I bought for us, I saw her being talked to by a stranger so… Don’t get angry, okay?”

He didn’t respond and I decided to continue.

“I pretended to be his boyfriend and we were successful to make the man leave and when we came back to the pack house, I saw her face gloomy, making me really wonder why so I asked her but she didn’t say anything and because I’m her best friend I would respect that.”

“How about her engagement with Changmin?” He asked anger present on his voice.

“Siwon hyung is already looking for a way to stop that wedding.”

“Good,” He says. “Go check up on Jessica now.”

“She needs time alone, Jaejoong. As her mate you should know how woman tells you that she needs space, which in this case, Jessica is saying that she wants time alone.”

I heard him groan. “Fine, since you’re the best friend, I’ll follow you.”

“Good, now go and take care of your pack.”

He then hung up.

I stood up, took a long cold shower and went to the kitchen where I saw Siwon hyung talking to someone in the phone. I walked past him and grabbed some apple before heading to the game room where Nicole, Hong Bin and Junsu are playing.

“Have you seen Jessica?” I asked, leaning on the door.

“I think’s in her office.” Junsu answered, not glancing at me and just continued on playing with the couple.

I nodded my head and went to her office but when I opened the door, it was empty. I then looked everywhere but there’s no sign of Jessica. It then came to my head that maybe she went to the lake – frozen lake. I took my jacket from my room before going there.

I started walking towards the lake when I smelled something different. I looked everywhere and when I noticed that maybe Jessica is in danger, I changed to my wolf and ran towards the lake. I was shocked to see her standing there; playing with snow… no… she’s controlling it.

Jessica has powers?

I hid behind a tree and looked at her more closely but she stopped, looked everywhere and sighs. Maybe she heard me coming.

“I know you’re there, Chocolate.”  I then heard her shout.

“You got me.” I smiled and started walking to where she is.

“You saw?” She asks, looking at me.

“What?”

“Me controlling snow….” She says, sitting on the ground. “Don’t tell anyone.”

I stared at her wide eyed. She is controlling snow. I nodded my head and sat beside her. She leaned on my shoulder and didn’t say anything. I didn’t say anything either.

“It’s amazing.” She suddenly commented, making me look at her. “How my life turned out to be. A mate I couldn’t be with, lying to my parents, trying to figure out who wants to kill me…”

“Don’t worry.” I then told her, patting her head. “Expect the unexpected,” I then winked at her and stoop up.

I pulled her, making her laugh at me and ask why I said that, I just shook my head and told her that we should go back and we did. We reached the pack house, saw a car parked in front of the house, making us run towards inside. We then saw Changmin and his parents sitting on the couch drinking coffee.

“Good Evening, Alpha Changmin.” I heard Jessica greet smiling at them.

“Good Evening too.” He answered, standing up and shaking her hand.

“I think we need to talk about something very important.” We looked at Changmin’s father and motioned the two to go inside the meeting room.

Jessica looked back and I just smiled and told her that everything will be alright. She smiled and followed them inside while I went to the game room and play with Dong Jun, Jeong Min and Junsu. Even though I am playing with them, I still couldn’t take my thoughts away from Jessica and Changmin. What are they talking about right now?

Jessica’s POV

I woke up feeling lively today. I wanted to go skating for no definite reason so I opened my best friend’s door and saw him still sleeping. I shouted my good morning and got a glare in return. I laughed at my best friend and told him that I want to go skating and thank the goddess he agreed.

My smile widens and went out. I went inside my room and changed to my brown long sleeved blouse, pink jeans and combat boots before heading down towards Kai’s car but I didn’t see him there, making me wonder where he is. Maybe he’s still changing?

I walked to his room and tried to open the door but it was locked. I sigh, crossed my arms and waited by the stairs. While waiting, I saw Selena walking past me and looking at me from head to toe. When she noticed that I was looking at her, he fake smiled and walked away. What’s wrong?

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I saw Kai going out of his room. I glared at him and he apologized before ruining my hair and running to his car. I shouted at him but I stopped when I saw Selena standing there.

“Where are you going?” She asks, glaring at me.

“To the rink,” I answered, looking at her blankly. “Why?”

“You should go and do your job Jessica,” She says back, crossing her arms.

“I already did my job yesterday, Selena.” I shots back, standing beside Kai. “Now if you’ll excuse us, we’ll be going now.”

“You’re not a great Alpha!” She shouted, really getting pissed.

I stopped, walked back to her and glared. “You have no right to say that to me, Selena. I am the Alpha of this pack you have joined without second thoughts. Let me remind you, you don’t talk to me like that. No one does that.” I breathed, and then continued. “And I always do my job. I finished my work yesterday and I’m going to relieve my stress today.”

Selena stepped back, nodding her head. She went running somewhere else making me sigh. Selena is really getting on my nerves right now. She became stricter after the masquerade ball and I don’t even know why.

“Stop it Caramel.” I heard Kai say, pulling me to him and escorting me to his car. “Today is your free day and if you will let Selena to just ruin that for you then…” I didn’t talk and stared at the road but tears were falling from my eyes.

Kai hugged me and told me that everything will be okay. I didn’t say anything and just cried and when I stopped, he started driving towards the rink. We saw few people skating. He went out, took our bags and looked for a place where we could stay.  I started running towards the booth to take two shoes and gave his’ before I went inside alone.

Caramel! Be careful!” I heard Kai shout, shaking his head when he saw me looking back and smiling.

I started going around the rink, I just needs to let my stress out and that is what doing right now. I don’t want to talk when I’m angry.

“Kai!” I then shouted

He looked at me and I smiled, waiting for him to join me. He just nodded his head and went inside with me. We skate around the rink for more than 4 hours, making me really hungry. He went out the rink with me following in tow and he immediately took his shoes and went out to buy some burgers for us two.

While waiting for Kai to come, a guy walked up to me and grabbed me by the arm. I growled at him and told him to let go but he didn’t. I wanted him to but he was to persistent, good thing Kai came tom my rescue. He s his arms around my waist and that made me look at him and my wolf growled at his action. I then understood why he did that and let him help me.

“What are you doing to my girl?” I heard him ask through gritted teeth.

“Sorry man, I just thought that she’s alone.” He answered, looking down.

“Get out of my face.” he told him, glaring at the man.

He left and Kai removed his arms from my waist and asked if I was okay, I decided to say nothing and just nodded my head. We went back to the pack house

 “Are you alright?” Kai asked, stopping the car.

“I’m fine, Chocolate. No worries.” I answered, faking a smile.

“I know that you’re not but I won’t push.” He reassured me, tapping my head and going out of the car.

I stayed inside of the car for a few more minutes before going out. I then decided to go to the lake and clear my mind. When I got there though, there’s no snow. I looked at it confusingly and saw the moon goddess standing on top of the water, smiling at me.

My child, why so down? I heard her ask.

I walked towards her and sigh. I just couldn’t understand why someone would want to kill me. I haven’t done anything wrong to them.

Her gentle touch on my shoulder made me look at her. He’s not worth worrying, my child.  I chose this path for you. I am the one that chose you because I know that you are one great Alpha.

But why me?

Because you my child, have a gift. A gift that no one has.

I only stared at her and wanted for her to continue but I saw her shaking her head, smiling and a snow suddenly dropped on my hand. Without doing anything, it floated; I looked at the moon goddess and saw her smiling.

This is your gift my child, She says, still smiling at me.

You mean… I can control snow?

Yes my dear and you must use it to defeat him.

How? I asked but she was gone.

I sigh, tried to control my new powers as I try to make them float in my hands again. This is really amazing if you ask me. But all my amazement disappeared when I heard a rustling sound, making me stop.

“I know you’re there, Chocolate.”  I shouted.

“You got me.” Kai smiled and started walking to where I am.

“You saw?” I asked, looking at him.

“What?”

“Me controlling snow….” I say sitting on the ground. “Don’t tell anyone.”

He stared at me wide eyed. He nodded his head and sat beside me. I decided to lean on his shoulder and said nothing. He didn’t say anything either.

“It’s amazing.” I suddenly commented, making him look at me. “How my life turned out to be. A mate I couldn’t be with, lying to my parents, trying to figure out who wants to kill me…”

“Don’t worry.” He then told me, patting my head. “Expect the unexpected,” He then winked at me and stands up.

He pulled me, making me laugh at him and ask why he said that, but he just shook his head and told me that we should go back so we did. We reached the pack house, saw a car parked in front of the house, making us run towards inside. We then saw Changmin and his parents sitting on the couch drinking coffee.

“Good Evening, Alpha Changmin.” I greeted, smiling at them.

“Good Evening too.” He answered, standing up to shake my hand.

“I think we need to talk about something very important.” We looked at Changmin’s father and motioned us to go inside the meeting room.

I looked back at Kai and saw him smiling and telling me that everything will be alright. I smiled and followed them inside I was met by my parents and Siwon oppa sitting on one of the chairs. I sat next to my mom and she held my hand.

“What’s going on?” I whispered to my mom.

“We are going to break this engagement.” Mr Shim said, looking down. “Turns out, you found your mate and my son found his.”

“How did you know that I already found my mate?” I asked, looking at him confusingly.

“Siwon told us, isn’t that right?” He then looked at my brother and smiled.

My brother smiled back and nodded his head; I turned my head to glare at him. No one was supposed to know about me already finding my mate but here we are, calling off an engagement because my brother told them about Jaejoong. Wait, I should be happy about this. I’m not going to marry Changmin!

“We’re really sorry that we haven’t considered your feelings.” Changmin’s parents both said in unison.

“No, it’s fine.” I reassured them.

A smile suddenly formed in my lips making my wolf purr at my action. Now that I am not tied to anyone, I can freely marry my mate, if I want to. My wolf growled at the words I said but I ignored her. I looked at the Shim family and saw them smiling at me.

“But nothing will stop us from working together. You are still our partners in business.” Mr Shim told us.

“Of course we are.” My dad said, standing up and shaking his hand.

“Well we better get going then. My son is missing his mate already.”

I chuckled and led them out. But before Changmin could get in, I hugged him and told him that if he ever makes his mate cry, I’ll kill him. He laughed at my threat and patted my head before going inside. I waved them goodbye and went inside to be met by my parents.

“I’m sorry baby girl for accusing you as Changmin’s mate.” My mom apologized, looking down.

“No worries mom.” I hugged her and went inside my office.

I looked at my phone but there are still no new messages or phone calls. I sigh, looked at my computer and decided to type some things in my laptop.

Why aren’t you talking to me, Jaejoong?