Masquerade ball

You Are Mine

Jessica’s POV

Waking up with noises throughout the Jung mansion is really irritating. I yawned, stood up and changed to my New York City Antique t- shirt, black shorts and combat boots. I went down, saw Siwon, Alex, Kai, and Dong Jun talking and having fun. Without them knowing, I jumped off the stairs and went out to take a run for a while. It’s because when they see me, they’ll immediately take me out, get my gown, mask and 6 inches stilettos.

Today is the Masquerade ball also my birthday. I don’t know what happened but ever since I was 10 years old, they held the masquerade ball with my birthday. I don’t mind, actually I just don’t like the way my family buys this gowns every year and makes me wear them.

Jessica Jung where the hell are you? Siwon shouted through the mind link that made me flinch.

I only stared at the sky, without telling him where I am but the next thing I know? Everyone is already shouting at me. Good thing I am an Alpha and I was able to shout at them using my Alpha tone. Thank the goddess they shut up because I don’t think I could resist their shouting any longer.

We need to get your gown! Kai then shouted, he really got guts on shouting his Alpha. Where are you?

I’ll be back before lunch time, okay? Don’t get too crazy. I told him, rolling my eyes.

But we need to go and buy your gown!

Wait for me and we will go okay? I just need some peace and quiet!

Fine but if you’re still not back I’m dragging you. He threatens, making me laugh. Literally,

Yes sir! I answered, laughing out loud so he could hear.

After that, I lay down on the grass and stared at the sky again but after a few minutes, I saw Kai and Geff standing and looking at me with an eyebrow raised. I smiled, sat up and let Kai carry me. I slept in his arms, while my wolf is getting angry at me for letting someone else carry us other than our mate.

“Are you guys’ mates or something because you guys look cute together?” Geffrey suddenly commented, making my wolf growl at him.

“Nope, we’re not.” Kai calmly said, “I was just used to being close with this girl so some people really think that we are mates.”

“Oh.” The only thing he said before getting quiet again.

We arrived at the pack house after a few minutes and saw Jinyoung and Selena talking. I didn’t mind them but they minded me. They hurriedly walked towards me and asked where I was, good thing Kai was still there so that he could explain instead of me.

“Oh, let’s eat first before going.” He then pulled me to the dining table to see everyone talking; the food isn’t touched yet,

Oh. I forgot that they have to wait for me before eating. I sat in between my parents and started eating. Everyone else followed my action and it all ended when I stood up and was about to go out when suddenly I heard everyone shouting their HAPPY BIRTHDAY’s to me. I smiled, went out and sat on the living room to wait for the others to come out. I just want this all over with.

I was going gown hunting with Kai, Nicole, Alex, Geffrey and mom. Siwon stayed because he needs to entertain the other Alpha who will come any minute, Dad also stayed because he needs to get the decorations done before sunset.

We are going to my mother’s best friend, a tailor who has made gowns for the Jung for 6 years already and she never disappoints my mother, okay also me. She has an amazing sense of design and that’s why we always come to her.

“Good Afternoon to you,” She says, smiling.

“Good afternoon to you too, Miley,” My mom greets, sitting on the available chair as we follow her. “Can I see the gown you made for my daughter?”

“Oh! Of course, of course. Give me a moment to get it.” She says, hurriedly going to the back to take the gown she was saying,

While waiting, I went to look at the gowns Miley made, some are Vintage, some are cute and some are really hot. Nicole wanted to buy the Vintage gowns but I told that it doesn’t really suite her. She just nodded her head and went to seat beside Alex who was talking to the phone with someone; I guess it’s her mate.

Frustrated, she ended the call and rubbed her temple before staring at the ceiling. Being the good cousin I am, I went to stand beside her and rubbed her back, she looked at me and forced a smile on her face. I smiled at her, making her hug me tightly and it happened, she started crying.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, still rubbing her back.

“Jane told me that Paul is cheating on me and I just wanted to… to… confirm if it was true… and… and he dialled me and… and do you… you… know what I… I… heard? Him talking to his best friend…” She said in between sobs. “They… they were talking about the of the school and how Paul gave his V – card to her…”

“Did they know that you were listening?”

“No… they were so engrossed on talking about her that… that he didn’t notice my name popping up on his cell phone…”

“I’ll kill that effing bastard.” I told her, pushing her slowly and looking at her with determination.

“He’s my mate, Jessica. If you kill him you have killed my wolf too.”

“Revenge, is the right word. After this occasion, we’ll go and plan your amazing revenge on your boyfriend.”

“Well, that could work.” She said, already smiling.

“That’s my girl!” I then laughed afterwards.

After talking to Alex, Miley came back holding a white box and placed it in front of my mother. She called for me and we both went to look at the gown. Alex waited on her seat with Geffrey and Nicole while Kai stood beside me as I open the box.

My jaw drop opened as I saw how beautiful the gown is. My mother pulled it out of the box and then she pushed me towards the fitting room and gave me the gown. I tried it on and I really felt the garment covering my body perfectly. This is really amazing; I circled around and laughed at how the dress moves so gently.

“You are so in love with that dress?” Kai asked, opening the door making me glare at him. “Whoa,”

“How do I look?” I asked, stepping closer to him and as I push him away for the others to see.

“You are still the best, Miley.” My mom commented, walking towards me and ordering me to turn around.

“I know,”

They laughed and went to talk about stuffs I don’t care; I went inside the fitting room again and changed back to my outfit. After doing so, I went out to see Nicole and Geffrey laughing and Alex is talking to Kai.

I walked up to them and placed the gown back to the box neatly. After that, I went to sit on the couch and waited for my mother to finish whatever business she has with Miley. While waiting, I heard my phone suddenly ringing. I looked at my phone and saw Jeong Min’s name in the caller ID.

“Hey Sica.” He says.

“Hey.” I greeted. “Why’d you call?”

“Where are you?”

“At Miley’s. why?”

“What?! Why are you still there?”

“Mom is talking with Miley and I don’t think they want to stop yet.”

Jeong Min didn’t talk for a few minutes. “Dad said to give the phone to her.”

“Alright.”

I stood up, walked towards mom and heard her talking about money. I rolled my eyes, excused myself and gave the phone to her and went back to the couch where Kai was already there with Alex. I sat on the side and leaned on his shoulder.

After a few minutes, my mom is suddenly storming out of the store and waiting for us to follow her, I looked at Miley and she just told me that Dad was shouting at her for not being as fast as she should be. I laughed and went out with Nicole.

We decided to go look for accessories first before the shoes and we saw this shop filled with so many things. I was looking at bracelets because I am not wearing any other necklace except for the one Kai gave me. I then decided to buy a bracelet and earrings that matches my gown. Alex and Nicole chose the mask I will wear so I wouldn’t be worrying about that anymore.

“Jessica!!” The two girls shouted as they run towards where I am standing.

“What?” I groaned, glaring at them.

“Look at this!” Alex showed off a mask.

I took it from her and examined the mask; it looked really perfect for my gown. I nodded my head and gave it back to them before heading towards the cashier. Once I got there, I gave the stuffs to the guy and bought it immediately before mom could even snatch it and replace it with something I don’t like.

I went out with Geffrey and we bought some ice cream before going back to the store because my mom isn’t finished yet with her shopping. But since food isn’t allowed inside, we waited outside and sat on one of the bench and my delicious caramel ice cream.

“There you are!” We heard my mom shout, we turned around to see her and the others looking really relieved that they saw us. “Let’s go and get your shoes.”

“Alright…” I stood up and let my mom drag me to whatever store she enters.

I’ve tried so many shoes and not one had captured my eyes. Some are good but I don’t think I want it for so long. While looking for another set of shoes to try on, Kai suddenly appeared beside me and told me that he wants to eat now. I nodded my head, not wanting to say anything. He tapped my shoulder and went out.

“Where is he going?” Nicole asked, looking at me then at the door.

“To get something to eat, he’s pretty hungry.” I explained, continuing on searching for some good shoes.

“Oh.” She answered, turning around and sat on her chair again.

I searched through the whole store and there’s nothing good for me to wear. I scratched my back and waited for my mom to buy the shoes she likes before going to another store and when she finished, we went out and looked for another one. We actually bought the shoes for my gown at the twelfth store that we entered. It’s the best match for my gown and it is not a 6 inches stilettos. It was hard for me to convince my mom to buy that because she loves heels.

“Now that our shopping is done, we can go home, right?” Nicole asked me, hoping that I’ll agree to her.

“I guess so…” I answered, looking at my mom who only nodded her head.

I smiled at Nicole and pulled her to the parking lot and waited for the others to come and when they did we immediately went back to the pack house to get ready for the ball and since I do my hair and make – up, we don’t hire any professionals for me.

I made my hair half loosed and the other half was elegantly tied up. I also curled the ends of my hair and straightened my bangs to the side. What I did to my face is quite simple, I put some foundation, blush on, eye liner, eye shadow and lipstick and when I was done, I called for Alex and I saw her already done. Her hair was curled, make – up is simple and her black gown is stunning. She helped me put my gown and also tied my mask around my eyes.

We both went out laughing because after placing the mask on my face, we immediately talked about the revenge plan we have on her mate, Paul. We stopped talking about our revenge plan when we saw Kai and Geffrey sitting on the couch, waiting for us. Kai is my for tonight and Geffrey is Alex’s since they are only cousins.

“Ready?” Kai whispered in my ear,

“As I’ll ever be,” I honestly told him.

He opened the car door for me and waited for me to enter before going to the other side to drive us to the place where the ball is going to be held.

You guys are late. Siwon said through the mind link, making me and James laugh.

We are on our way. I reassured him.

Okay.

He shut me off the mind link and that made me laugh with Kai again. It was a 15 minute drive from the pack house and when we got there, a lot of cars are already parked so it’s really hard to look for a good spot. Good thing Siwon reserved a spot and that’s when we made it in time. The only thing I hate is that I smell the most delicious scent again and I know from whom that belongs to. I tried to hide but Kai pulled me to the dance floor and we started dancing.

 

 “Happy Birthday.” Kai greets, hugging me and smiling.

“Thanks.”

The only thing that made me stop dancing with Kai is the eyes that were looking at and I noticed it just now. I pulled Kai to the tables and waited for my dad to say anything. But he didn’t and just continued to mingle with the others.

The sweet smell from a very particular someone is getting closer and I am getting really nervous. He’s here, he’s here and I know that he knows that I am here. But does he know that I am his mate?

“Jessica?”

I stiffened.