Mission?!

You Are Mine

 

**5 years later** (excluding the 3 years from the last chapter)

 

5 years.  It’s been 5 years since I became Alpha, 5 years ever since my pack became the largest and strongest pack. I am happy, my 19th birthday is coming up, and I am living the life I always wanted. I’m a straight A student, bad – chick (According to my pack mates), intelligent in my decision and kind to outsiders.  But one thing is missing. One thing I never felt.

Pain.

I never felt it before. Maybe because I am loved by everyone and the only person who can make me feel pain is my best friend chocolate. But he doesn’t use me as a punching bag because if he does, he’ll be dead by now. We tease each other all the time and sleep at the same bed every day because we are used to it. Now, speaking of best friends we are currently spending our time in my room and talking about nonsense when an idea popped out of my head. I grinned at Kai and he glared at me.

“What do you want now?” He asked, still glaring.

“Remember when I told you about the feeling I wanted to experience?” I asked, still smiling.

“How could I forget? You talk about it all the time.”

“Well, I have this great idea and I wanted to let you know that you are a part of this plan of mine.”

“What is this amazing plan of yours?”

“I’m going rogue.”

“What?!”He shouted, looking at me like I am a crazy person. “Are you insane? Most people want your position right now and you’re just giving it up?”

“What the hell are you talking about? I am not giving my position as Alpha. What I’m trying to say is, since my birthday is still two months away, and no one knows that I am the Alpha of our pack yet, I want to try to be rouge for a month, just to experience the life.”

“What will you gain from this idiocy of yours?”

“I will gain the feeling that most people are trying hard to avoid. Pain, if I knew what it feels like then surely I could lead my pack to be stronger and better. Think of it, chocolate, we can help people from being abused from our pack and maintain peace so that everyone will not be treated as omegas.”

“Remind me again why you’re Alpha?” He teased, kissing my cheeks and laying down the bed beside me.

“Umm…” I started, looking at the ceiling. “Because I have the Alpha’s mark and I am the most intelligent person in our pack?” I made my last part as a question.

“But there is one tiny problem.”

“What?” I asked, getting irritated.

“Your family would never allow you to go out there and be a rogue. You have responsibilities to take care of.”

“Ah,” I smiled. “That’s the part where you come in.”

“What do you want me to do?”

I smiled, leaned to right beside his ear and whispered my plan. After doing so, I got a weird look for a reaction.

“What?” I asked, standing up and looking at him.

“Do you really think I can do it? Why not let Siwon hyung know and help you too?”

“I…I don’t know…”

“You should just explain well like you did to me so that he’ll help. C’mon.”  Then he offered me a smile. “Besides, he’s your Beta.”

I looked away and thought about it. Maybe Kai is right, if I was able to make him help me, then if I was going to explain like I did then surely Siwon will help me right? At least this way when I leave I have eyes to my pack and eyes to my family.

I then decided to tell my brother Liam. But I didn’t want it to be me alone so I just mind linked my brother to come here and locked the door. I ordered him to sit beside Kai and listen attentively to whatever I am about to say. He asked what’s wrong and I just waited for a couple more minutes before I went and told him all about my plan.

“Are you insane?” The reaction I got, as expected, just like Kai. “You are the Alpha, Jessica. You don’t need to go and be a rogue for a month just to experience what pain is like. Don’t you remember that we have been in wars before?”

“I know that we have been in wars like you said Siwon oppa.” I started, holding his hand. “But have I ever come to those wars?” I then squeezed his hand. “You never let me come because you want me to be like some tech geek who likes to stay inside of his house and control the outside with controllers.”

“And with that, we win every time.” He answers, looking at me. “Look, baby girl I know what you said is one of the best plans you have ever come up with but it is too dangerous.”

“Being a rogue is dangerous Siwon. That’s why I am asking you to help me. It’s just for one month.”

“No.”

“Please?” I asked, using my famous puppy dog eyes.

“That’s not gonna work on me.”

“Pretty, pretty please? Siwon oppa, c’mon! I will still have my contact to the both of you.” I reassured him. “And besides, if you ever need any of my help, I am just one phone call away.”

“I still think it’s a bad idea.”

“You will know where I am anyway.”

“And what will I say to our parents and pack mates?” He asked, looking straight in my eyes.

“That I am on a business trip. You could come up with something better if they won’t believe you.” Then I turned to my best friend. “Chocolate, I want you to help my brother at any cost. So starting tomorrow, August 30 you are officially my brother’s best friend. “

 

~~

 

I gasped as two strong arms wrapped themselves around my waist, I turned around still wrapped and saw Kai looking at me with sadness and grief, I smiled, reassuring him that I will be okay, that I will come back after a month alive and more powerful than ever. I considered this as a mission, a mission to be the best Alpha ever known.

He then let go off me and let my oldest brother, to hug me. I laughed when he suddenly told me about everything I should do and do not do. I want to tell him that at I’m gonna be alright but since he’s older and just worried about me, I let him be.

After that short farewell to my brother and bet friend, I changed to my white wolf and went out of my land. After running for what feels like forever, I settled behind a tree and rested. I changed to my human form and made a fire for heat. So this is the life of a rogue, you need to fend for yourself because no one is there to be there to take care of you.

Smiling, I took my phone from my pocket and called Siwon but there was no answer. I then tried my best friend but there is no answer, again. I gave up after a few times of still trying to contact them and just closed my eyes and transferred to dreamland.

I opened my eyes to see a man hovering in front of me. Well since I’m a girl and he’s a guy, I shouted and punched him in the face, making him fly away from me. I stood up and shot him a death glare, making him look scared.

“Who the hell are you?!” I shouted, still glaring. After a few minutes of still standing there, I noticed that I was wearing a tank top, making me realize that my mark is noticeable. I then placed my hands to cover my mark.

“Shouldn’t I be saying that?” He questioned, glaring back at me. “Who are you and why are you in our territory?” He then asked. “And why are you bearing an Alpha’s mark, are you an Alpha?”

“Can you ask one question at a time, please?” I asked nicely. “First question: My name is Jessica. Second question: I’m just passing by and be on my way and your third and last question: Yes, I am an Alpha.” Then a realization came in my head. I am in the neighbouring pack, the Dark Meadow pack.

“Jessica? Jessica Jung?”

“How’d you know my surname?”

“You are the famous pack warrior of Silver Dust pack.” He then looked at me confusingly. “You’re the Alpha of Silver Dust?”

“Yes, I am the Alpha of Silver Dust pack; no one knows it yet because we are going to announce it on my birthday.” I looked at the sky and breathed but I continued. “I am the pack warrior but I never thought that I’d be famous.” I then looked at him. Then an idea popped out of my mind. “You are the beta of this pack, are you not?”

“I am the beta.” He then reached out for a handshake. “OH Sehun.”

“It’s nice to meet you, Sehun.” I smiled. “Can you help me with something?”

I then told him my mission and when I was finished, he asked me why I wanted to do that and the answer I gave him is the same answer I told my brother and best friend. Good thing he understood what I want and promised to help me with my mission. Awe, why are there so many kind people in this world?

“But I have to remind you that I need you to meet my Alpha.”

“Of course,” I answered, smiling. “That is one thing rogues go through when they stumble to someone’s pack, right?”

“Yes.”

“But you should also remember to not tell anyone about me being the Alpha of another pack.”

“Of course,”

“But before we go and meet your pack, can I make a quick phone call?”

“Sure.”

I smiled and took my phone out of my pocket and called my brother. Thank the goddess that he picked up. He apologized for not returning my calls and not texting back. I laughed and told him that I am in the neighbouring pack, I met the beta and he’s going to help me with my mission. After telling him what happened, I bid my goodbye and called my best friend. We greeted each other with our pet names and he asked how I’m doing. We talked for a little while and then I took the chance to tell him everything that happened to me. He’s sounded relieved and worried that I am staying with the neighbouring pack. The phone ended when I heard Jeong Min suddenly shouting in the background, making him hung up on me.

“I hate him.” I murmured, looking at Sehun who was waiting patiently for me. “Sehun, let’s go?”

“Sure,” He answered, taking my bag from me.

“You don’t have to take my bag from me.”

“What kind of man am I when I don’t take care of a woman like you?”

“You know I’m the pack warrior of my pack, meaning that I am the strongest.”

“I was raised to be a gentleman.”

“But you need to treat me as an omega.” I reminded him.

“I won’t have to do that acting when you and I are alone, right?”

I nodded and smiled. “I really want to say my thanks because you are doing this for me.”

“Don’t worry too much about it. I’m just glad that I can help you.”

I hugged him and smiled and walked beside him. When I noticed a big house that is supposed to be the pack house, Sehun gave me my bag and said a quick ‘apology’ and started dragging me inside the house, people were staring and looking at me with disgust.

“You.” He started, pointing at me. “Stay here. Don’t leave or you’ll die.”

I nodded and walked inside the meeting room. Good thing there is no one in here to attack me. I gulped and sat on one of the chairs waiting for Sehun and the Alpha. But waiting is kind of the boring so I stood up and looked around. This may look like a meeting room but there are still photos of some people. I walked and picked some up.

It's gonna take some time, to realize
But if you look inside, I'm sure you'll find
Over your shoulder you know that I told you
I'll always be pickin' you up when you’re down
So just turn around”

I love singing especially when I’m bored. Sehun is actually taking so long. Is he’s Alpha busy or something because I am quite getting irritated right now. If they don’t show up right now I am definitely leaving.

But suddenly, a very intoxicating scent hit my nose. It smelt like really, really delicious it’s overwhelming. I may look like a dog right now (C’mon, I’m a wolf.) but I am smelling and looking around the room for that particular smell but couldn’t find it until Sehun slammed the door open, entering the room and standing not too far from me. I noticed that a guy is standing beside him, I turned around and looked at Sehun and gave him a questioning look. He mouthed out words that seem to sound like ‘look down’ so I looked down.

“Mine,” The other guy muttered, I think he was looking at me.

I didn’t have time to process what is happening when suddenly the unknown guy is suddenly hugging me. I pushed him away and slapped him. He looked really pissed off because of it. Well, you couldn’t blame me anyway; I am here to experience being an omega and not to be a mate.

Mate,

He’s my mate! Who would have thought that this guy is my mate! I looked at him and saw his eyes filled with love and confusion. He must be wondering who I am and where did I came from.

Sehun stood in between the two of us and tried to talk to him about bad things about me. He is really kind; he is really helping me with my mission. A few minutes later, the one I’m supposing is the Alpha looked at me disgustingly and nodded his head. I didn’t know what it means but I guess it meant to say that Sehun will take me to my room?

We went out and a blonde bimbo suddenly entered the office looking like a entered and started kissing him. I rolled my eyes at girls like this, good thing my pack doesn’t have one of those because if we have, they’ll be dead by now because of 2 week camping trip with the elders. They are going to talk about morals and such, making me bored to death too.

“This will be your room.” Sehun said, opening a door that leads to a small room. “I’m sorry that you have to stay here but this is where the omegas stay.”

“I will be alright with this room Sehun. Don’t worry too much.”

“Oh and by the way you need to help Eva in cleaning the house. She’s one of the oldest and respected here in my pack.”

“Cool.” The only thing I answered before he went out of the room.