Jessica's POV

You Are Mine

Jessica’s POV

“Hey,” I greeted, smiling.

“Why so gloomy?” Taeyeon asked, looking at me.

“I’m not.”

“I heard that Jaejoong didn’t try to contact you.”

“I don’t care. If he already someone else or he got back with Candy I won’t mind.”

“You’re denying the jealousy you feel.” I suddenly heard Hyoyeon and SooYoung shout.

If you are confused, I’m talking to my friends. They’re still in their tour so we are just comfortable talking through video chats. I was inside my room, looking at some old photos when they called.

“Whatever,” I answered after a few silence. “So, how’s the tour?”

“You’re trying to change the topic. It won’t work on us Jessica.” Sunny said, smiling at me. “But to answer your question, the tour is very fun, though some of the fans wanted to see you!”

I rolled my eyes at that. “Tell them I’m sorry!”

“Can do.” Yoona and Yuri yelled at the background making me and the other girls laugh.

“So, when will you guys come back?” I asked, waiting for their answer as I type some things in my laptop.

“Yah! Jessica Jung, look at me when you’re asking!” Taeyeon suddenly shouted, making me look at her wide eyed and laugh.

“Sorry, I just need to finish this report.”

“Yah! You’re always doing those reports! Live a little.”

“Can’t do that,”

“And why not?”

“Because there is someone who wants to kill me and I have to know who it is.”

“What is that have to do with your reports? What, you’re gonna report on that mystery person?” Sunny asked, taking the phone from Taeyeon

I rolled my eyes and closed my laptop for Yuri’s sake; I looked at her and gave her a sarcastic smile as I hear her chuckling. I then saw SooYoung, Hyoyeon, Yoona and Yuri dancing crazily on the back wearing a bear costume. What the hell is happening?

“Why are they…?” I asked, not letting my sentence finish because I began laughing also.

“Don’t mind them, alright, back to your question; we’ll come back after two more months.”

I just nodded my head while still laughing. Those girls are really crazy sometimes; I just wonder why I am friends with them. We resumed talking afterwards after they stopped and took off the bear suit they had on. We talked almost the whole day because they have their one day break today so why not waste with talking to your love ones?

“Have you talked to Onew yet?” I asked Hyoyeon, arching an eyebrow.

Hyoyeon looked down and shook her head while Taeyeon pats her shoulder. “He called almost every day but I couldn’t take the call because of the practices.”

“At least you’re lucky that he’s still calling.” I frowned, rubbing the back of my neck.

“Someone’s jealous.” Yoona and SooYoung teasingly say, laughing afterwards when they saw me glaring at them.

“I’m not jealous, okay? I just couldn’t understand why Jaejoong isn’t like Onew.”

“You’re just being too cold to the guy, give him a chance, he did change for you.” They said in unison, looking at each other and nodding their heads.

“What do you mean by change because of me?” I asked, arching an eyebrow at them.

“We meant to say that, before you came to his life, Onew told me that he never really wanted to be too attached to someone. He didn’t want any serious relationship because he doesn’t want to get hurt. He only went out with Candy because she’s his past time.” Yoona explained.

I sigh, “Well, that doesn’t change the fact that he stopped calling me.”

“Wait for it, he’ll call.” Taeyeon answered, smiling at me.

“Yeah,” I uttered in defeat.

We then fell to a comfortable silence, without anyone talking. I closed my eyes from time to time and they told me to sleep and rest but I refused to. They shrugged at my response and told me that they have to go now. I just nodded my head and ended the call.

Now that the call has ended, I don’t know what to do anymore. I don’t want to continue on making the reports because I’m too lazy to do it right now and the others are busy doing something that doesn’t concern me. Kai went shopping with Siwon, Dong Jun, Jinyoung and Jeong Min went for a run and I don’t know if they’re back already and Nicole went on a date with her mate.

“Sica!” I suddenly heard Kai shouting my name.

I looked at my door and waited for him to enter and when he did, he looked really happy.  He smiled at me and told me that we better go. I asked where but he shook his head and told me that it’s a surprise, me being the stubborn girl that I am; I shook my head as no and turned around.

“C’mon now!”

“No Kai, I’m too tired to do anything now. I’m going to sleep.”

“Don’t! Let’s go!” He still insisted, pulling me by the arm.

“Let’s just go tomorrow.” I pouted at him. “I’m too tired to do anything.”

“It’ll be too late!” He shouted, really getting irritated.

“Whatever Kai, why are you so excited? Is there something going on?”

He shook his head and suddenly looked at his phone. He glared at me and left without saying anything, making me look at him confusingly. After a few seconds, I shook my head and walked out of my office to go to my room and lay on my bed.

I was about to fall asleep when suddenly my door opened and there Kai stood really happy and he was holding a big box in his hands. I sat up, rubbed my face and asked what’s wrong with him now but he just tossed me the box and told me to change in to the thing inside.

“Didn’t I tell you that I don’t want to go?” I asked, crossing my arms.

“Please? Do it for me?” He pouted and pulled me to him. “C’mon, I will do anything you want!”

“Anything?” I asked, arching an eyebrow.

“Anything!” He shouted looking at me with hopeful eyes.

 “Alright, wait for my orders after this…” I told as I gesture him myself, the dress and the door. “…surprise you’re talking about.”

“Go!” He pushed me inside the bathroom and giving me the box from the bed. “Put on some make up too!”

I walked inside the bathroom as I nod my head in response. I opened the box to see a beautiful pink dress. It’s a unique short lace with short levees.

I slowly wore the fine garment and I was shocked that it hugged my body so perfectly, I looked myself in the mirror and saw myself seeing as the dress suited me. I then placed a towel in front of my chest and started doing my make – up. I kept it simple, foundation, and pink blush – on, eyeliner, and lipstick and as for my hair, I made it half loosed, half tied up elegantly, I also curled the ends of my hair, just like what I did in the masquerade ball. Being satisfied with what I have done, I went out.

I saw Kai mouth go wide open as he stares at me; I shook my head and told him that we better go. He just nodded his head but his mouth is still open. I rolled my eyes and pulled him, he’s going to slow and I don’t know if we could go to the place he wants us to go if keeps this up.

“You’ll catch a fly if you keep on doing that.” I commented as he closes his mouth and clears his throat.

“It’s closed!”

“Just now,” I laughed when he glared at me.

We went to the place where he said he would be taking me and it made me nervous. What surprise is waiting for me in there? I hope he didn’t prepare anything that could scare me because he’s so gonna die later. But, he did make me wear this beautiful dress and wear make- up so I think this is a dinner party?

“What? We’re gonna stay here all night?” I heard him ask, looking at me.

“You go, I’ll just stay here.” I said, my legs are already shaking and I don’t know if I could walk.

“What? We went all this trouble and you’re just gonna stay here? C’mon Caramel!” He whined, pouting at me.

I shook his head, making him get out of the car. I thought he went inside the building but no. He went to my side, opened the door and offered his hand for me to take. I shook my head, trying not look at him. I wanted to stay inside the car because the surprise is already killing me but I don’t know if I want to know what the surprise either.

“Didn’t I tell you that if you come with me, I’ll do anything you want?” He asked, grabbing my arm.

“I don’t care about that anymore. You could just do whatever you want!” I shouted, trying to push him away from me.

I saw him rolling his eyes at me as he pulls me closer to him. I tried fighting until we reached the main lobby but luck is not on my side. He suddenly stopped, glared at me and cleared his throat and hugged me.

“Don’t get angry on what I’m about to show you, okay?”

“Why? Are you making me see my worst nightmare?” I asked, looking at him wide eyed.

“Of course not! It’s just that…” He stops, shakes his head and continued. “Never mind, no matter what happens, don’t get angry at me okay?” he then raises his small finger in front of me and smiles.

I smiled also and intertwined our small fingers together and told me that no matter what happens, I wouldn’t get angry with him. He nodded his head, pulled me in front of two big doors and stopped. I looked back at my best friend who only smiled at me.

“Aren’t you gonna open the door?” I asked him.

He chuckled, “Impatient as always.” And tapped my shoulder, “Remember what we agreed, okay? Do not get angry with me.

“Yeah, yeah, I won’t get angry with my best friend.”

“Alright, so now you’re on your own.” He patted my head making me look at him confusingly.

“What do you mean I’m on my own?”

“What I meant to say is that, I’m actually not the main person. I’m just the one who arranged this.”

“What?” I asked.

He only smiled at me and kissed my forehead. “Good luck, Caramel.

Then he left.

What just happened?

I was still trying to figure out what is happening when the door suddenly opened, revealing a beautiful theme in front of my eyes. I entered the room and looked around and saw that it was taken from my favourite movie, “Titanic”. I then stopped looking around when I saw Sehun smiling at me. He wasn’t alone, he’s with someone… Kibyul?

“Sehun?” I asked, walking up to him as I hug him. “I missed you! Why haven’t you returned my calls or text?”

I let go off him and waited for his answer. “I’m sorry; it’s Jaejoong’s order not to talk to you.”

“Enough! Let’s not talk about that guy,” I said, rolling my eyes and as I turn around to look at the girl. “And this is…?”

“Kibyul, meet Jessica, Jessica meet Kibyul.” Sehun introduced, I extended my hand for her to shake but she hugged me.

“It’s nice to finally meet you!” She said as she still hugs me. “You know, I picked that dress for you. Do you like it?”

“Like it? More like love it! I love your fashion sense, Kibyul. You’re like my best friend Kai.”

She only smiled at me and stepped back as Sehun gently pulls me somewhere else. I stared at him confusingly but he didn’t say anything until we stopped in front of another door. I scratched my head and stared at him.

“Don’t tell me there’s something scary in there, Sehun or else I’ll kill you!” I shouted at him making him roll his eyes at me.

“Don’t worry Jessica. I think you’re gonna love this.” He smirked and tapped my shoulder before leaving me again.

I shrugged turned around and opened the door. Since I’m already here then I should just go and find out what it is. I walked inside and saw that it now was themed by my second favourite movie, “Romeo and Juliet.” There’s a balcony, the room looked like a garden and there’s a set table in the middle and a man was sitting there, his back is faced to me.

I stepped closer, trying to analyse the situation. I stopped after a few steps taken because the man stood up, turned around and smiled at me. I took a step back and covered my mouth as how surprised I was. This is not happening!

A month without talking to me and I find him standing not too far from me and looking handsome. I shook my head and tried to see if I was dreaming. But unfortunately, I’m not.