Jaejoong's POV

You Are Mine

 Jaejoong’s POV

**1 month before**

I still tried calling Jessica but still she won’t answer. I also tried calling Kai or Siwon hyung but they just told me that she doesn’t want to talk to me yet. I shrugged, still looking at my wallpaper on my laptop and waited for anything magical to happen.

“Still can’t stop staring at Jessica’s face?” I suddenly heard Tiffany say as her head pops up from my office door.

“Yes,” I told her as I shake my head and as I still continue to look at my photo of my beautiful mate.

“Do you want to go shopping?” She then asks, looking at me hopefully.

“Nope,” I answered, still staring. “You know I don’t like shopping.”

She rolled her eyes at me and went out without saying anything anymore. I looked at Jessica’s picture again for the rest of the day, boring, isn’t it? Well, you can’t blame me anyway. I love seeing her face and I am missing her already.

I walked out of my office and went straight to my room but while passing through my sister’s room, I heard voices. I think she’s watching a movie?

“Yah! I hate you!” The girl shouted, I think she’s talking to someone.

I walked closer and leaned closer to hear more. “Why are you so angry? I made all this for you!” The guy responded.

“But you didn’t even talk to me for 6 months! How the hell do you want me to react?!”

“At least be happy about it!”

I stopped listening to it once I saw Onew suddenly passing me by. He looked at me suspiciously but brushed it off when I glared at him. I started walking back to my room once I noticed him gone. I don’t know came to my mind but I think the lines I heard from earlier gave me an idea. I just hope it will work.

I walked inside my room and slowly closing the door and thought about it, it may be cliché but at least I could make Jessica happy. I then started taking my ideas seriously and the next thing I know? I was already calling for Sehun to make this things happen.

The night ended when I collapsed on my bed, tired of trying to look for a good place to do it. I can’t just let Jessica go here. I need to bring the surprise to her. I have no other choice but to talk to her best friend who I really hate for being too close to her.

“What do you want?” Kai asked through the phone, he sounded very annoyed. “Sorry, it’s just that someone broke my vase.”

“Oh, Uh…” I stopped, scratched the back of my neck. “Can I ask a favour from you?”

“What?”

“I want to surprise Jessica. I was planning on giving her a night she’ll always remember.”

“And…?”

“And I want you to help me prepare for that. I want you to look for a good place that is suitable.”

“Sure, no problem.” He stopped and breathed before continuing. “What’s the theme?”

“Theme?”

“Well, yeah. You need to have a theme to make the night more special. Like her favourite movie or something like that.” He explained.

“Oh, sure. What’s her favourite movie?”

“Titanic and Romeo & Juliet.”

“Make it so,” I smiled, glancing at her photo.

“What ‘make it so?’?” He asked confusion evident in his voice.

“Make those two the theme for the event.”  I explained. “The hall should be big to have two themes set. Two doors, when she opens the first door, she would see the “Titanic” Themed and when Sehun leads her to the second door, she’ll see the “Romeo & Juliet.” Themed, with me inside the room.”

“Sure, I’ll try to make that happen.” He answered.

“I’m counting on you, Kai.”

“Yeah, yeah.”

He then hung up and I was left wondering what would happen after all this is done. She may hate me for ignoring her but at least it would be worth it, right? I am going to do something I thought I would never do in my whole life.

 

~~

 

“Do you still want to ignore Jessica?” Sehun asked, looking at me then at the window.

“I’m really not sure if I still want to do it.” I honestly said, shaking my head.

“I think she’ll kill you before you could even hear her say “I love you.”.”

I laughed at his answer and shook my head. Maybe he’s right, maybe I’ll get killed when I decided to continue this. But there are possibilities that she won’t kill me because she loves me too much too handle the pain she might cause on her.

“Don’t worry; I’m positive that she won’t kill me. She’ll just punish me for not talking to her.”

“Whatever, I did warn you.”

“Yeah, yeah.”

 

~~

 

The preparation is almost done. Kai got this amazing place that he said could make my wish come true. He sent me some pictures that were from the room and I am impressed.  It’s already Thursday and there are only two more days before I could see Jessica (person) again.

I decided to take a run for now because I know that my wolf is already missing his mate but he’s also excited for the surprise we made for our mate on Saturday.

I changed to my wolf and started running towards the woods. I stopped on my tracks when I heard a rustling sound. I turned around to look for anything suspicious but there’s none. Maybe it’s just a lost animal.

Sehun, I want you to check the whole area again, there’s something wrong here. I told him through the mind link.

Sure thing. He responded. Oh and by the way, I’ll be meeting Kai tomorrow.

I’m coming too.

I know you are.

Yeah, yeah. I rolled my eyes after saying that.

I began to run again and when I got tired of running, I went back to the pack house to see Fany, Tori and Kyuhyun about to enter Onew’s car. Where are they going?

I ran in front of their car and ordered all of them to come out. Five minutes of waiting made me pissed off. They didn’t want to go out of the car but when they saw how serious I was, they already went out.

“Where are you guys going?” I asked, walking towards them slowly.

“We wanted to go shopping Jae, don’t worry too much. We have Onew with us.”  Fany answered for them.

“Fine, but let Minho come with you.” I then mind linked Minho to come down and go with them.

Fany rolled her eyes at me but didn’t say anything. I’m just making sure nothing happens to my baby sisters. Is it wrong for the older one to make sure nothing bad will happen to them?

I walked back to my office and saw Sehun waiting there. I sat on my chair as he sat across me. We only stared at each other for more than three minutes and I was the one who broke contact because I need to ask him something.

“What time are we going tomorrow?” I then asked.

“At around 10. Kai is waiting for us at a coffee shop near the venue.”

“Alright, is he going to show us the venue?”

“I don’t think so.”

“Oh, right.”

He just nodded his head and went out of my office. I also left the office after a few minutes because I am actually getting tired. I took my clothes off and changed to my boxers before going to bed and hugged the stuffed animal Jessica left me.

 

~~

 

“Let’s go!” I heard Sehun shout, suddenly opening my door.

I sat up, glared at my best friend and looked at the time, it’s already 9:30 AM and we were supposed to meet Kai at 10 and I only have 30 minutes to spare. I stood up immediately and went to take a shower and change my clothes, I don’t need to go and fix my hair. I just grabbed my keys and ran towards my car.

Sehun went inside the car with Kibyul and they both got separated  because Sehun sat next to me and Kibyul sat at the back but that didn’t stop them not to hold hands, making me really jealous right now. We arrived at the coffee shop wherein I saw Kai busy drinking his coffee.

I walked inside, saw him standing up to shake my hand. After doing so, I sat across him, crossed my legs and glared. I still can’t get over the fact that he has known my mate all of his life.

“Why are you glaring?” He asked, glaring back.

“I’m still getting used to you.” I shot back. “So how’s my mate?”

“Her engagement was called off last Monday.” He told me, making me smile.

Now that I know that Jessica is not anymore engaged to Alpha Changmin, I can already court her and if she agrees, I would never let her go. I was snapped out of my thoughts when Sehun suddenly entered the coffee shop with Kibyul. Kai greeted both and told them to take a seat while I stared at them I am really getting jealous with these two.

“Is everything set for tomorrow?” I then asked, shaking my head as I look at Kai.

“Of course it is.” He reassured me.

“Alright, what time will I go?”

“At 5:00 PM so that you could still see the venue and make changes if you want.”

“But you’re her best friend and I thought that you know everything she wants!”

“I am her best friend!”

“Both of you calm down!” Sehun suddenly shouted, glaring at us.

I didn’t notice that we were already standing while we fight each other. I sat back on my chair and drank my coffee. We kept quiet until Sehun asked Kai if there is still missing with the plan. We saw him shaking his head, looking at me.

“What we are missing is the thing that would make both of their night special.” Kai told Sehun but not breaking eye contact with me. “Remember what I told you before.”

“Yeah, yeah,” I answered, rolling my eyes as I get something from my pocket. “Is this the best thing I could give her?”

“I think you need to look for something better.” He told him.

I shrugged. I then saw Kai placing it back on the table for me to take back. My face saddened, looked at the present for the last time before placing it back on my pocket.

“Let’s go,” I heard Kai said, standing up.

“Where are we going?” Sehun and I asked, looking at him.

“Do you want my help or not?” He asked, crossing his arms and looking at us blankly.

“I do.” I said, standing up and waited for him to say anything.

We all went out of the coffee shop and separated ways. Sehun and Kibyul would go and check up their pack while I go with Kai to look for my present.

We explored the whole area and we didn’t find anything that could be defined as the best gift for Jessica. I noticed Kai was about to give up on looking but I told him that I would never stop until I could find the perfect gift to my mate.

Kai then suddenly looked at me and told me that my mate is looking for him. I then signalled him to tell her that his busy doing some stuff and wouldn’t be back until dinner and that is what he told her but he said that she didn’t buy it. She really wants to know where he is right now.

I am really looking like a desperate person right now and I think Kai notices it too. I then heard him tell me that we should take a rest before continuing. I agreed and sat on the bench and thought about a gift while Kai started texting.

“It’s hard, isn’t it?” I heard him ask, glancing at me.

“Yeah, why is it so hard for me to look for something that could be the best gift yet?”

He tapped my shoulder and smiled.

“How about a necklace?” I suddenly suggested making him shake my head. “Why not? It’s romantic.”

“Don’t. She already has many necklace and I don’t think she would even like it if she was given with that again, also, don’t think of giving her bracelets, earrings or rings. It won’t work. She’s already wearing something that is valuable to her.”

I groaned and brushed my hair. “Why is it so hard for me to look for a gift?!”

He shrugged, looking the other way. I was still busy thinking about the perfect gift when Kai tapped my shoulder and told me to look at the couple. I just rolled my eyes and looked the other way.

“C’mon, we better get Jessica a gift by the end of the day or else I wouldn’t be able to think of other things to give to her.” I told him, standing up.

I saw him nodding his head and we started walking again. There’s really nothing that could be a gift but sadly there was none. He then told me that he knows a place and I just agreed, becoming really desperate.

Kai entered, greeted the old lady behind the counter and told her that hid friend needs something that could be given to my mate. I heard him tell her not to give me necklace, bracelets, earring or rings because those are the common things that guys give to a girl.

“Alright, how about this?” The old lady asked, placing a medium sized black box in front of us. I decided to open it first and was shocked. “You said you wanted to give her something special, right? That is real and very old. Actually there was a man who came here and asked if he could look for something that he could give to his mate, like you, young man. He didn’t want anything common so I thought of selling this to him but he said that why should he buy that when his mate likes modern things. I then asked why he was here and he just shook his head and left.”

“Did the man come back?” Kai asked, really curious about the man.

“Unfortunately, he didn’t.” She says, shaking her head.

“I’ll take it.” I suddenly said, smiling at the old woman and taking the box from the table.

“Why? There are so many things in here that you could choose from, Jaejoong.” Kai told me really getting confused as to why I chose that gift for Jessica.

“Trust me, this is perfect.” Now it’s my turn to reassure him.