Time for Changes

You Are Mine

 

“I… I can’t believe it.” We heard my father say, looking at me while still holding my right shoulder.

“What is it?” My mom asks, looking at me then at my father.

“The hell.” Was the answer of all of us, including me.

Why the hell do I have the Alpha’s mark?! Why can’t it be my brother Siwon or Junsu or Jinyoung or Dong Jun or even Jeong Min? Why does it have to be me, the only girl in the family?

I was dragged out of my thoughts when my dad called for my attention. I looked at him confusingly and nodded. I waited for him to say anything, anything like, I can’t be the Alpha, and it should’ve been my older brother Siwon. But no, my father is even happy about this. He wanted something to change; I didn’t know it would be this!

Of course I am the one who will protest, I am the one involved. “Wait, daddy you can’t step down yet! I am not ready to lead a pack!”

“I’m sorry Baby girl but daddy is getting old and needs to rest.”

“You have a long life to live daddy! You know I am still 14 years old!” I argued back.

My dad shook his head and smiled, “That’s why I put you into training ever since you were 6 years old. You are the best fighter of the pack and the kindest to, along with your mother of course.” He pecked my mother on the cheeks. “And don’t you know that your age is the best age to lead a pack. Don’t worry, you have us here.”

“But daddy, I’m not even an adult yet! You know, fourteen, F-O-U-R-T-E-E-N.” I explained, only having a laugh as a response.

“Don’t worry; we will not let anyone know that you are the Alpha already. Only the pack will know. I will announce it later at dinner.” Then he turned to Siwon, “Siwon, call all the pack members for a very important meeting.”

“Yes, dad.” Then he walked off with my other brother Jinyoung.

“And besides, you will be the greatest Alpha ever known.” I heard dad say before I walked up to my room.

Are you okay with the decision, Siwon?” I asked through the mind link.

Honestly? No. but what can I do?’ I think he’s smiling. ‘Don’t worry too much about that baby girl; I am here to support you, we all will. I kind of believe dad when he said that you will be the greatest Alpha ever known.’

‘Are you sure thought? What if everyone didn’t like the idea of having me as their Alpha?’

‘I know it; everyone loves you, baby girl. They would be delighted. Everyone will care for you; do whatever you think is good for them.’

‘I hope so.’ Then I blocked the mind link again because my best friend, the only one who cares and understands what I feel is knocking on my window, again. What the hell is wrong with him? “What the hell are you doing?” I asked, opening the window for him to go inside.

“I just stopped by to say hello.” He answered, jumping to my bed.

“Why are you here? You know there is a dinner and meeting later, right?” I asked, sitting next to him.  “You know, you better get ready.”

“I’m always ready for this kind of situations.” He smiled then showed me what he is wearing.

My best friend is wearing a baby blue tee, jeans and converse.  I laughed and stood up again, I told him that I need to get ready because this not just any simple dinner, I told him that I need to look elegant or something professional like. The reaction I got? Laughter.

“Why do you need to be elegant on a dinner meeting?” He asks, still laughing.

“Uh…” I started, looking down. “I just wanted to?” Okay, my answer came out as a question.

“Liar.”

“No I’m not!” I shouted back.

“Why do you need to be elegant on a dinner meeting?” He asked again, making me look at him.

Can I tell Chocolate what will happen?’ I ask my whole family.

‘Chocolate?’ All of my family members ask.

‘Sorry, what I meant to say is, “Can I tell Kai that I am going to be Alpha’?’

‘Oh…’ They responded.

Okay.’ When I heard my dad say this, I nervously looked at my best friend who looked at me confused.

I walked slowly to his side and breathed heavily. Kai made me look at him and asked the same question for the third time. I leaned on his shoulder and told him everything. When I finished, I saw him smiling, making me more nervous now.

“You’ll be the greatest Alpha ever known, just like your father said.” He then kissed my cheeks. “You know I’m here, all of us are here to support you, Caramel.” 

Ok let me make this clear for everybody, Kai is the name of my best friend and my name is Jessica. I call him chocolate because he has this sick obsession for chocolate so I started calling him that. I on the other hand have a sick obsession for caramel so he started calling me that.

“My advice? Wear something that makes you comfortable and presentable. Not something that makes you look like an old woman.” I laughed and pulled him towards my closet.

He laughed and looked for things that can be comfortable and presentable; I waited behind him and drank water for time to time. After 10 minutes, which seems like forever, Kai tossed me my maroon tank top; raspberry ripped skinny jeans and my black combat boots. He pushed me to my bathroom and I had no choice but to change to what he gave me. I went out, looked at my best friend who is smiling.

“Now that is one kick – Alpha.” He joked, placing his arms around me and shaking me.

“Stop joking Kai, I am not yet your Alpha.” When I said this, there was no way I didn’t notice my tone changing, it became more powerful and makes anyone bow down to me.

“Yes, Alpha.”

“Chocolate!!!” I shouted, burying my head on his chest while he rubs my back. “I don’t want to sound demanding!!”

“Don’t worry, you would get used to it. You are going to be Alpha after all.” He soothes words in my ear and pulling me towards the door.

 

~~

 

“dangshin – eun junbiga?(Are you ready?)” I heard my mom ask, squeezing my hand and smiling. I forced a smile back. “Don’t worry too much baby girl, they will love you.”

One thing I really love about my family is, they wouldn’t hate me because I am going to be someone who has the biggest responsibility in the pack; they are here to support and help me in whatever mistake I make.

I was dragged out of my thought when my dad stood up, together with my mom and walked towards the built – in stage in front of the whole pack. My dad gave his greeting, followed by his boring and meaningful speech which makes me sleepy. Good thing the prankster of my family, Junsu is sitting beside me and making me attentive.

“Jessica, please stand.” I then heard my father say, making me stand up and look at him. “Everyone, I would like you to meet your new Alpha.” And then he clapped his hands.

I smiled and walked towards my parents to see the packs’ reaction. I expected for them to shout ‘Boo’ or something worse but my smile grew wider when they all clapped and shouted their ‘Yes’. Even the elders and young adults like me, cheered for me.

“Sica, speech?” My dad smiled and handed me his misc.

I laughed and looked at my new pack. “Hey everyone, well…” I started, shaking my head. “What the heck! You guys know that I am not good at this kind of things. So… let’s just work hard and be the best pack there is!”

“Well, as you all know, my youngest and only daughter is your Alpha; I expect to see respect for her.”

“If Jessica is our new Alpha then who is our new beta?” Someone shouted, making all of us turn to look at him. It was Jack, one of Kai’s friends.

“Ah.” My father started, smiling. “Siwon?” and then he called out.

My brother stood up immediately and walked towards the stage and stood next to me. I smiled at him and looked at everyone. They were happy but kind of confused because my brother is already 21 years. This only means one thing. My beta is older than me. Cool.

“Well?” I shouted, making everyone turn to look at me. “Let’s party!”

Everyone shouted their ‘Yes’ and I step down off the stage. I ran to hug my chocolate because I find comfort whenever I hug him. I easily found him standing beside Jeong Min, drinking something I don’t know.

The people who doesn’t want to party with the youngsters went to leave; my parents bid their goodbye and went to back to our own home. I partied with everyone.  I love this!

 

~~

 

“I never thought that I would be Alpha.” I commented, staring at the sky.

If you’re wondering where I am now, I would say that I am in front of the lake at 1:00 AM. The party ended when everyone almost slept inside the pack house’s living room. My brothers went home drunk and I am sitting alone because my best friend is also drunk and crushed on my bed so I have nothing to do. It is no surprise to me though. Kai is always like this. He likes to sleep on my bed because if he goes home drunk, his father will kill him. I on the other hand don’t drink alcohol so you would never see me drunk. I will always be the one responsible of bringing back my brothers and best friend.

While lying on the grass, I suddenly heard a rustling sound, making me stand up and look around only to find nothing. I made a decision to take a quick swim and go back to the house. I took all my clothes off and went inside the cold water.

“Ahh!” I shouted when suddenly there was someone who splashed me on the face. “What the?!”

“Gotcha!”  Key shouted, laughing afterwards.

“Key!” I shouted, splashing him on the face too. “I so hate you right now.”

“No, you love me babe.”

“Yuck! Don’t call me that.”

“Whatever.” He pouted, splashing at my face for the second time. “What are you doing here anyway? Shouldn’t you be sleeping?”

“I’m still not sleepy.” I answered, turning around and changing to my wolf.

“Why did you change to your wolf?”

I’m going to get my clothes and dry up. I told him through the mind link.

“Oh, okay.” He turned around and I hurriedly got my stuff and wore my clothes behind the tree. After finishing, I went to see if Key is still here and he is. I went to stand beside him and when he turned around, he smiled. We went back to the pack house talking about random stuffs.

“See you tomorrow?”  He asked, stopping in front of me and looking at my eyes.

“Yeah, see you tomorrow.” I tapped his shoulder and went inside to my room.

When I opened my room, I saw Kai still sleeping on my bed. I laughed at his position and took a photo of it for some teasing that will happen tomorrow. After closing my phone, I gently pushed him to the left and covered him with his blanket and I lay beside him and covered myself with my own blanket.

Before I could really go to sleep, I thought about me being the Alpha. I was still thinking about it when I suddenly saw Kai on top of me. I rolled my eyes and pushed him. He laughed and stood up and sat beside me again.

“I thought you were sleeping!” I complained, crossing my arms.

“I was sleeping, but you woke me up.”

“Now it’s my fault that you woke up?”

“Yup, if you didn’t push me then I would still be sleeping.”

“Just go to sleep!” I shouted, turning around and ignoring his laughing.

“Love you Caramel.” I heard him whisper,

“Love you too, Chocolate.” I responded closing my eyes and drifting to dreamland.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

“I am so proud of you son.” I heard my father say, patting my shoulder and smiling widely at me. “Never let me down, okay?”

“Yes, father.”

“We’ll be leaving now. Take care of Tiffany, Tori and the pack.”

“I will father.”

“Good.” He patted me once again and turned around. “Let’s go?” He asked mom, who was still busy telling Eva what to do about everything.

I turned around too and went to my new office. After the ritual my parents immediately went away because of the postponed vacation they have. While I was hearing the sounds of the others saying goodbye, I got myself busy on working.

“Do you want something to eat?” Sehun, my Beta asked.

I shook my head and focused at my laptop again. He didn’t leave; he only sat on the couch and started texting. I didn’t mind him though because he always does this whenever I decline him on something. He’ll wait for me to agree until he does that. 

“Be ready in 10 minutes Sehun, we’ll get something to eat with Fany and Tori.”

“Good! I’m starving.”

I laughed and rolled my eyes at my best friend. I finished checking my mails earlier than expected and that was good. I actually wanted to have to talk to my girlfriend first before leaving. I mind linked David, my third in command to send in Candy. She hurriedly entered my room like she owns the place and sat on my lap.

“Why did you call for me, babes?” She whispered in my ear, I felt really disgusted now.

I don’t know why I even asked this as my girlfriend. I mean yes, she’s hot but I want to wait for my mate to arrive too. Now that I'm already 17 I could tell if the girl I see or am with is my mate and clearly, this girl sitting on my lap is for from what I call my soulmate. And besides, they say she will be the total opposite of you and you would have a hard time taming her and they also said that you can't live without them. Wonder if it's true.

“Babes?” She says,

I shivered again in disgust and stood up, making her fall on the ground. I walked far from her but she just followed me. I raised my hand, telling her to stop walking and she listened. I rubbed my temples and thought about how I could tell that our relationship is now over without hurting her feelings? I never liked hurting other people's feelings so this would be hard for me.

"Hey," She starts again. "What's wrong?"

“Do not call me babes anymore.” I said, crossing my arms and leaning on the wall. “I’m sorry Candy but I don’t want to be with you anymore.”

“Why?” She asked, raising an eyebrow and crossing her arms also.

“I just don’t want to be with you now that I know my mate could come any day now.” I explained.

“You can’t just do that to me Jaejoong oppa! you know I’m the one for you, I’m your mate and the Luna of the pack!” She screamed, running to hug me but I growled at her before she could even do it.

“Oh so that’s why you wanted to be with me, you just wanted to be the ing Luna!” I screamed back at her making her whimper in defeat.

Okay, that went well. Candy left the office without saying anything and left me in the room. I sigh, looking at the picture of my family before being distracted by someone entering my office

“Jae, are you ready?” I heard the door open and I saw Fany’s head.

“Yeah, let me just get my jacket.”

She nodded her head and I went to my room to get my black leather jacket. With the car keys on my hands, I jumped to the ground floor and went straight to the garage to be met with Sehun, Tori and Tiffany.

I smiled at them and went to start my car. We went to this new restaurant that is owned by my mom’s. She told me that they have a soft opening this night and she wanted us to go there and help her with that so here we are, going to eat there. I just hope that they’re food is just as good as mom’s cooking. They are the best!

“It’s a cool place,” Fany commented, making me, Sehun and tori nod our heads. “I wonder if there's many people there."

“I think the place would be packed with both humans and werewolves. Mom's cooking is the best here," I answered, driving in front of the restaurant.

“Is there spaghetti?” Our little Tori ask, making Tiffany smile at her and Sehun looks at her with admiration.

“Yes, angel. There’s spaghetti.” Tiffany answered for us, I stopped the car and let someone car my park for me.

The waitress who was standing by the door smiled and escorted us to the table our mother reserved for us. I smiled at the place, even though she's gone to have a vacation with my father, her employees never slacked. They kept working without being guided and they made this place something I didn't expect.

“You mother has already ordered for you, Sir Jaejoong.” She told me seductively, making me roll my eyes.

“Alright then, let it be served.” I told her, looking at Tori and fixing her table napkin.

After the food had been served, the four of us talked, laughed and joked around like we always do. Doing this made me feel like a normal person. Like I am not the Alpha of a pack, there's no paper works waiting for me back home and it really feels like I'm doing what a 17 year old guy should be doing at this time.

We decided to go home after some time and finish the day already. I went to my bed and hugged my pillow, thinking if I would find my mate sooner.

How long will it take for me to see and meet my mate? Will she be beautiful and strong? I don’t know but the time I know who she is, I know that I will never reject and let her go.