Grandma

My heart! Whats wrong??!

~In the car~

Hyo-Jin: That was a good meal......(rubbing your tummy and showing a good thumb sign)

Yu Bin: Are you serious? Only good? It was wonderful! (Making a rainbow with one of her hands over her head)

Hyo-Jin: Yeah, yeah it was WONDERFUL... Hahaha

Yu Bin: Arasso..(pouting a little)

Hyo-Jin: Are you sad? Awww.. so cute (putting both hands on your cheeks)

Yu Bin: Yah! I'm already an adult and you called me cute?

Hyo-Jin: I don't care...(acting oblivious) How about those kpop celebrities? They don't mind being called "cute"...So why should you?

Yu Bin: Ahh..whatever... We reached home already.

Hyo-Jin: Oh that was fast. Hey, who is that outside our house , unnie?

Yu Bin: I don't know. But it looks like a lady.

 

      Yu Bin parked the car and we headed for our house. I was far ahead of Yu Bin as  I approached the lady outside our house. As I moved closer, she seemed somewhat familiar. I turned my head around to see Yu Bin's reaction. She looked like she recognised the lady too. I turned my head back and continued walking towards the lady. She had her back turned against me.

 

Hyo-Jin: Annyeonghaseyo. Can we help you? You seem to be waiting for someone here. (I said smiling)

Unknown lady: *turns around* Oh yes! (smiling) Hyo-Jin ah! I missed you so much! (hugs you)

Hyo-Jin: *surprised* 

Yu Bin: Grandma!! You're here! Its been so long since we met! (hugs your grandma and you)

Hyo-Jin: *breaks the hug* Grandma? Really? Its you? (wide-eyed, holding grandma's arms)

Grandma: Yes, its me,,,(holding back tears)

Yu Bin: Lets continue talking inside. Its cold out here. Here let me help carry your luggage bag. (extends her right arm to take the bag)

 

      All three of us went inside. We headed for the living room. I ushered grandma to sit on the sofa while Yu Bin put her luggage bag near the wall. I sat on grandma's right side while Yu Bin sat on her left.

 

       Grandma was wearing a floral patterned short sleeved blouse with black pants. She had her shoulder- lengthed hair tied into a bun. Her brown spectacles drooped low onher nose. For an old lady, she was beautiful to me.

 

Yu Bin: Grandma, are you going to stay here? How long? (asking excitedly)

Grandma: Haha. (smiling kindly while tapping her hand on Yu Bin's lap) Will it be ok if i stay here, lets say 2 months? 

Hyo-Jin and Yu Bin: Of course. Hahahaha! (laughing because they said it at the same time)

Hyo-Jin: But grandma, Yu Bin and I have to work and go to school on weekdays during the day. You will be so bored at home alone....(looks sad)

Yu Bin: (nods in agreement)

Grandma: Its alright, i'll find things to do to occupy myself. (lips stretched wide, smiling)

Yu Bin: Are you sure? I'll try to come back as early as i can. Call me whenever you are having problems breathing or if your chest feels tight. Arasso?

 

         Yu Bin is worried about grandma because she has asthma and had a history of a mild heart attack. What a good grand daughter she is...XD

 

Hyo-Jin: Yeah. If its too painful to bear, just go ahead and call the ambulance. This is very important you know.

Grandma: Yeah, yeah. I'm so lucky to have such caring grand daughters. ( you and Yu Bin's cheek)

Hyo-Jin and Yu Bin: *smiles*

Grandma: Chah...Its already late. Lets go to sleep and continue talking tomorrow. 

Yu Bin: Oh, let me clean your room first, grandma. I'll just change the bed covers and sweep the floor a little. (goes up the stairs towards the guest room)

Grandma: Are you coping well in school? 

Hyo-Jin: Yes and you know what? I got the highest mark for a test this morning! 23/25!! 

Grand,a: Jinjja? Well done Hyo-Jinah! I'm so proud of you! 

Hyo-Jin: Grandma, will your house in Busan be alright if you just leave it like that for like, 2 months? 

Grandma: Nevermind, it should be alright. 

Hyo-Jin: Oh yah. Anyway, why did you come here so suddenly? You would usually call us beforehand.

Grandma: *hesitating* Ahhh...I have some urgent matters to settle here and i do miss you both A LOT. 

Hyo-Jin: Ohh...What urgent matters? 

Grandma: You don't need to know. (speaks in a nice tone)

Hyo-Jin: Why can't...(cut off by Yu Bin)

Yu Bin: Grandma, your room is ready. I'll help carry you bag up. Hyo-Jin, you should go and sleep now. You have school tomorrow. 

Hyo-Jin: Arasso.. (disapointed)

Grandma: Goodnight my sweetheart. (smiles)

Hyo-Jin: (smiles slightly)

 

      What is it that she can't tell me? Things are just getting weirder and weirder...First its those two guys. Now, its grandma.


Hello! I just want to thank those who subscribed to my story and for even reading my story. I'm grateful, really. It just makes me want to write more! Thank you so much. I'm sorry if my story is too short, not exciting and so on. I'm trying my best. So, yeah. :)