Back to school

My heart! Whats wrong??!

       Hyo-Jin took the bus to school as she always did. It had been ages since she went to school. She was deemed unwell for school because she lost her memory. Hyo-Jin sat near the window, admiring the morning city view. She swiped her phone to unlock it. She had received a message from AJ! 
       Hey yo! Have a blast in school today! If anyone bullies you tell me. I'll come straight to them and hit them! Saranghae <3
         She giggled and replied quickly.

       Yah! If you did hit them, you'll be suspended from work. You're supposed to protect civillians not attack them! Kekeke

          Hyo-Jin waited a while for a reply and noticed that she was nearing her stop. 

         Alright, alright. :(


         She then typed out: Gtg. See you later! Muacks


          Hyo-Jin shivered at the last word. She wasn't used to such mushy messages but she wanted to give it a try. She pressed the stop button in the bus and got off. Hyo-Jin breathed in the refreshing morning air and smiled. Ahhh its been so long since i've been to school! Hyo-Jin walked the remaining distance to school while looking around at the other students from her school. It felt good seeing people in the same school uniform. 
---
     "Hyo-Jin! Welcome back!" Minhee jumped at Hyo-Jin and hugged her. How long had it been? 1 month? 2 ?" 
      Hyo-Jin patted her back and laughed. "Well I'm back now! I'm sure I missed a lot of stuff in school" Hyo-Jin drooped her shoulders as she pouted. 
       "Never mind! The others and I will help. For now, just be focused so you will absorb the lessons better." Minhee punched her fist in the air and then burst out in laughters with Hyo-Jin. "Okay thats enough lets get to class so we won't be late." Hyo-Jin nodded in agreement and walked with Minhee, arm in arm. 


         In class, Hyo-Jin payed close attention to the teacher no matter how boring she found it. She kept pinching and slapping herself to keep herself awake. When she didn't understand, she turned to her right to ask her seatmate. "Hey, what does she mean by that?" Hyo-Jin asked as softly as she could. 
       "She means that...." Her seatmate stopped abruptly and looked up to see their teacher standing in front of their desk. Ms. Han glared at them, clearly unhappy with them talking in class. 


        Hyo-Jin tried to explain but she got cut off when she was about to open . "Ms. Kim Hyo-Jin. You just returned to school and you're already talking in class. Here. Detention after school." Ms. Han slammed a slip of paper on Hyo-Jin's table and walked away to continue with lessons. 


       Hyo-Jin looked deflated. Who wouldn't be when you got detention on your first day back to school? 


        Classes ended. Hyo-Jin made her way to the detention room, unwilling to do so. She turned the door knob open and entered. There were already students in it. Students who didn't look so friendly. A teacher sat there, his head on the table. Hyo-Jin thought he must be asleep, hearing his horrible snoring. She shivered and took a sit around the front. Hyo-Jin sighed as she looked at the clock. One and a half hours to go before I can go home..


        Hyo-Jin was brought back to reality when a female student suddenly sat on her desk. Hyo-Jin looked up to be met with the girl's eyes which were digging into her. The girl said, "Hey you were the girl who got together with Changjo right? We heard he went into prison but he got a shorter sentence than his father. Is that true?" 
      Hyo-Jin was honestly clueless about it but answered. "I guess so. But really. I don't remember him. I lost part of my memory in an accident. Care to tell me more about him?" 


       The girl grinned and sat next to Hyo-Jin, beginning to tell the story about Changjo. 


         They chatted for the whole one and a half hour. The teacher who was asleep all along woke up to the sound of his alarm. He jolted up and wiped off the drool on his face. He was still groggy but he announced to the room with his hoarse voice, "Ehemm. Detention is over. All of you can leave now." 
        Hyo-Jin got out of the room, thinking about Changjo. She found him mysterious since she couldn't remember him. This made her want to take more interest in him. When she reached the school's gate, Hyo-Jin looked at her neon pink watch and noticed that it was already 6pm. Her phone suddenly rang and she answered it. 


       "Hello"
       "Hyo-Jin ah are you still in school?"
       "Oh Kiseop oppa! I was about to leave. Why?"
       "Look to your left"


       Hyo-Jin turned and saw AJ leaning against his motorcycle, waving. Hyo-Jin waved back and cut the call. She ran over to him and gave him a hug. 
       "Why did you end school late today?" AJ asked.
       "I got detention but the teacher was unreasonable! She should listen to the students for once..." Hyo-Jin pouted.
        "Tell me about it. We'll talk over dinner. Hop on." He said.