Questions

My heart! Whats wrong??!

            She stomped her way back to class to report late. She was so going to get into trouble for being late and it was all in name of 'helping'. Hyo-Jin wanted to help him out but what did she get in return? A nice big, 'get lost' from Mr. Moody. Hyo-Jin breathed calmly to change her facial expression. She wanted to look approachable when she entered class. When she was sure that her face had changed back to her normal self, she knocked on her classroom door and entered. 

           "Sorry, I'm late. I was-" Hyo-Jin stopped when she saw the teacher. "Ki Woong?"

            "Thats Mr. Park for you. Come in and have a seat. I'll listen to your explanation after class." The teacher replied. 

            During the entire Literature lesson, Hyo-Jin couldn't really focus on what he was teaching. She was just amazed at how serious he could seem. She saw how passionate he was in Literature when he suddenly closed his eyes and explained with deep feelings. Hyo-Jin noticed several classmates of hers giggling a little while others were just as mesmerised as she was. Hyo-Jin rested her head on her propped arm as she tried to listen to his emotional explanation. Soon enough, the lesson was over and the school bell rang. Mr. Park packed his teaching material hastily and hurried off. Hyo-Jin was anxious for school to end. She wanted to talk to Mr. Park. She had questions to ask. Throughout the next few lessons, Hyo-Jin didn't really pay much attention to the teachers. She faked her face expression with that of interest in the lesson but below the table, she was shaking her legs furiously. When she saw the clock strike 2, Hyo-Jin jumped off her seat and grinned widely. Her classmates all looked at her. Even the teacher. Hyo-Jin glanced around the class and smiled sheepishly. *KRINGG* Everyone in class moved their gaze away from Hyo-Jin almost immediately and packed their things. 

          "Pheww saved by the bell." Hyo-Jin heaved a sigh of relief and grabbed her bag. 

         Hyo-Jin went around school looking for Mr. Park. At long last, she saw him walking out of a class. "Mr. Park!" Hyo-Jin waved to him. 

         Ki Woong walked over to her, surprised that she was looking for him. His eyes grew big. "What is it?" 

         "I just wanted to know when you started teaching here and most importantly why are you teaching my class instead? I never saw you in school before." Hyo-Jin asked. Anyone hearing her would have thought that she was such a busybody with all those questions. 

          "Well, I just started today. I'm taking over your Literature teacher who is on maternity leave." Ki Woong answered in a similar tune to Hyo-Jin's question in a teasing manner.

            Hyo-Jin laughed, "Oh okay. Hey I wanna ask something else. Is Eunjung your girlfriend?" 

            Ki Woong shrugged his shoulders. "Maybe yes maybe not. Why are you a school girl, with Jaeseop, an adult?" 

           "Because we fell for each other. Simple. But you're not answering my question." 

             "I did but its not a direct answer. What do you think? I'll give you a hint, use the inference skill you learnt in school." Ki Woong grinned and wiggled his eyebrows as he walked away. 

             "Thats annoying." Hyo-Jin complained to herself.

             She was lost in her thoughts until she saw the bullies from earlier on. Hyo-Jin remembered that Changjo might still be upstairs. She thought for a while whether to go and check on him or not. After all he did chase her away. Without knowing, Hyo-Jin's feet had already brought her to the rooftop. She cursed to herself when she realised that she was already there. 

           "Oh whatever. I'm here anyway. We'll just check on him and go." 

            Hyo-Jin turned the door knob and entered without hesitation. She looked around for signs of Changjo but to no avail. Her heart was thumping hard. Her mind was playing all the possible scenarios that could have happened to Changjo:

1.) He could be safe and sound on the way back home. 
2.) He could have fainted somewhere.
3.) He could have gone somewhere quiet to commit suicide. 

           Hyo-Jin shook her head at the last option. It was too scary to imagine. Well, why wouldn't she think that he won't do that? Before she left him earlier on, he seemed emotionally unstable. 

            Then a thought struck Hyo-Jin. If they were together in the past, then she would have had his phone number. Why didn't she ever think of this before? Hyo-Jin scoffed at herself as she felt that she was stupid to not have realised it earlier. She scrolled down her contacts list and searched for his name. But it wasn't there. That was when Hyo-Jin really laughed at herself. If she had his number, she would have realised it as she had always been wondering about him. 

         "Have you gone crazy?" The figure of a male student stood in the shadows. 

          Hyo-Jin jumped and held onto her chest. "Changjo? Is that you?" 

          "Why?" He asked.

          Hyo-Jin approached him quickly and saw that it was Changjo. She hugged him tightly without much thought. Then she felt his head rest on her shoulder. His weight fell on her and Hyo-Jin stumbled. 

           "Changjo? Changjo? Are you okay?" She shook him. "Don't scare me man!" 

           Hyo-Jin put him on the ground and checked for his response. He didn't wake up. She then checked his breathing. She was relieved when she saw his chest rising. Hyo-Jin called for an ambulance. She didn't know why but she was afraid that he would never wake up. But that possibility wasn't really valid since Hyo-Jin felt that his injuries weren't so serious. However, she was still worried about him. Her heart was anxious and beating fast. 

          The paramedics arrived and Hyo-Jin directed them to where Changjo was. 
           Hyo-Jin followed him in the ambulance and looked at him tenderly. She reached out for his hand held it tightly. She just had the urge to care for him.

           "Oh God please don't let him suffer from a serious condition.." A tear dropped from her eye.