We're cool with it right?

My heart! Whats wrong??!

  Changjo was healing well but not his spirit. The loss of his father was a heavy blow to him and he still couldn't accept the fact that he was all alone. He packed his bag, ready to go home. Changjo picked up a black shirt with lifeless hands. He stared at the shirt and shut his eyes tight. Slowly, the black shirt was shoved deep into the inside of his bag, covered by other things.


      A knock on the ward door. Who is it.. Changjo knitted his brows togther as he was surprised to know that someone had come to see him. He stood by his bed with his head turned towards the door. A figure appeared and soon he realised it was the person he least expected to see.

    "You're getting discharged today? Lucky that I came."

   "Hyo-Jin why are you even here? I told you I don't need your help nor sympathy. Don't you get it?"

     Changjo threw the items in his hand on the bed in a fit of anger. He put his palm on his forehead. He had enough of hurting Hyo-Jin. He could admit that he was sincere in making Hyo-Jin pay for her grandmother's mistake. It wasn't exactly a mistake. What her grandmother did was right except that his father had taken it the wrong way. Growing up, Changjo had been taught to believe that revenge towards Hyo-Jin's grandmother was the ultimate goal. Whatever it was, Changjo didn't want it to continue. His father was already dead and he could see that what they did was all wrong. Regret was what he felt. Guilt.


     He felt a warm hand on his shoulder. He could feel the warmth penetrating his heart. He liked that feeling. Unknowingly, Changjo put his hand over the hand on his shoulder. His heart beat faster. Happy and thrilled that is to see the person who had made him feel loved. Changjo slowly turned around to lock eyes with Hyo-Jin. Hyo-Jin's eyes were soft with care and concern. That touched him and he felt like enveloping her in his tight hug but he restrained. Changjo lowered his hand, still holding onto Hyo-Jin's and then slowly, almost unwilling let go of Hyo-Jin's hand. Changjo looked away. 


  "Hey... W-What's wrong?" Hyo-Jin asked.


  Silence filled the room. 


  "I'll just go. Thats what you want right?" Hyo-Jin asked again, not moving an inch. 


   Hyo-Jin was reluctant to go but seeing that she wasn't getting any response, she turned to the door to leave. Changjo clenched his hand to keep himself in control. He knew he couldn't be with Hyo-Jin after what he and his father had done to Hyo-Jin's family. It would be too much for Hyo-Jin to handle. 


   I'm sorry Hyo-Jin. Whatever I'm doing to you now is to protect you. I don't want you accept an idiot who couldn't distinguish between right and wrong and even wrecked your happy family. You deserve more than a jerk like me. Stay with that police guy. I'm sure he'll make you happy. 


    Changjo managed a weak smirk before he dragged himself to the hospital bed to grab his bag.


                                                                                                                                  -----------------


    Hyo-Jin shuffled into the house. She greeted her grandmother before going into her room. Hyo-Jin jumped onto her bed and heaved a sigh. She didn't know how to solve this. She has AJ but she feels as though she was more affectionate towards Changjo who kept pushing her away. She didn't know how to respond to all of this. Indeed Changjo had done her wrong but how come she didn't feel any hatred against him? AJ on the other hand was being the boyfriend anyone would ever wish for but the thing was that Hyo-Jin felt that this show of affectionate was somewhat sibling love. The kiss they shared wasn't a sincere one. 


      Hyo-Jin closed her eyes and covered her face with a pillow. She kicked her legs back and forth in frustration.This is complicated and I feel like running away from everything! 

Hyo-Jin's phone vibrated. She lifted her head and inched forward to grab her phone. 


     From AJ: Hey sweetie, are you alright? Wanna meet up with me? We could talk. 

    Hyo-Jin laid on her back. She stared at the ceiling. Should she go? Can she settle this once and for all? 

     Hyo-Jin bit her lip as she waited for AJ. Her eyes kept flitting to every person who entered the cafe. Her body felt restless. She closed her eyes to calm her nerves. When Hyo-Jin opened her eyes, she almost screamed. AJ had put his face right in front of her face when her eyes were closed. Hyo-Jin laughed nervously. 


     AJ smiled. "Did you wait long?" 


     Hyo- Jin shook her head calmly. 


    "Have you ordered?" AJ looked at the table's surface. 


     Hyo- Jin shook her head once again. 


    "I'll go get something for us," AJ got up. 


     Hyo-Jin drank her iced Americano and looked up at AJ. He was stirring his cup of milk coffee. The white vapours were rising from the cup making him
look almost magical to Hyo-Jin. 


    Hyo-Jin cleared to gain AJ's attention. "Do you really treat me as a girlfriend? An attraction from the opposite gender?"   


    Surprise was evident in AJ's face. He blinked and tried saying something but it was as though his toungue was tied. He managed to sound out a nervous chuckle. He rubbed the back of his neck. 


   "What do you mean?" He finally said. 


   "You know what I mean. Tell me truthfully AJ. I'm dying with guilt here. I feel like I cheated on you!" Hyo- Jin burst. 


    AJ's eyes widened. "Why so?"


    "Just answer my question first." Hyo- Jin persisted. 


    "Truthfully, I'm not sure either Hyo- Jin. I'm confused. Since I met you, I had wanted to protect you. You seemed like a sweet young girl who didn't deserve all the suffering-"


Hyo- Jin put a hand up to make him pause. 


  "See? You said a 'sweet young girl'. Doesn't it show that you see me as a mere younger sibling?" 


   AJ seemed flustered. "N-No, you got it wrong. I didn't mean it that way." 


   Hyo- Jin forced a smile. "Can we just break up? I think its obvious that we are both confused about our relationship. Lets just end this. If we're made for each other, I'm sure we'll end up together again in the future." 


   AJ was left speechless but he didn't argue to make Hyo-Jin change her mind. A gentleman indeed he was to respect her decision. 


   Hyo- Jin took a stroll from the cafe. She took her phone out when she remembered that she hadn't explained why she felt guilty towards AJ. She began typing out her sincere confession.


To AJ: 
I forgot to explain to you earlier on. This may make things worse for you but I think being honest in a relationship is important even when we have broken off. So, I have been having mixed feelings about you and Changjo. I was confused about who I truly loved and cared for. I'm still not sure right now either.


    Seconds later, Hyo-Jin's phone vibrated. It was from AJ. 


From AJ: 
I understand. I believe this break up is for the best and just like you said, if we're meant to be, we will end up together. <3  


    Hyo-Jin swallowed back the tears that threathened to drop. Even at this point of time, he was still adding hearts in the messages. Thank you AJ. You were my first boyfriend and I have never regretted one moment with you.


She looked up at the clear blue sky. There were even clouds dotting it. It.... seemed like it was supposed to be a great day. Hyo- Jin looked down and smiled. It felt like a heavy burden had been lifted from her heart. Her guilt towards AJ was gone.