We meet again

My heart! Whats wrong??!

Seven years later...

"Jaeseop oppa, please?" Hyo-Jin pleaded. 

Hyo-Jin had made plans to go out with her best friend, Yoon Ji but then she was told that she had stay behind to cover the night duty. She tried reasoning with her senior officer at the police station who apparently was AJ or should we say Jaeseop, but he had simply refused. Hyo-Jin made a face as she returned to her desk. Judging from the situation, she was never going to get off work any sooner. Hyo-Jin took her phone out and called Yoon Ji.

"Hey, girl." Hyo-Jin's voice was clearly that of disappointment.

"Hi! But whats wrong with you? You sound sad or something." Yoon Ji asked.

"Yoon Ji ah I can't go out with you today. I'm stuck here for the night. Even AJ won't help me. He's too impartial I'm telling you," Hyo-Jin grimaced.

"Aww its okay, there's always next time." Yoon Ji sounded cheerful.

"Sorry Yoon Ji." Hyo-Jin sympathised. 

"Never mind. I understand the nature of your job. AND you chose this job so don't whine!" Yoon Ji scolded.

Hyo-Jin laughed. "I know, I know. You're such a nag."

A knock on Hyo-Jin's desk made her jump. It was AJ and he had his eyebrows raised in a questioning manner. 

"Umm Yoon Ji talk to you next time. My boss is looking at me now." Hyo-Jin quickly said and hung up.

AJ put both his hands on her desk and leaned forward. "Ms Kim, please refrain from using your phone for leisure when on duty. You're new here so I'm being lenient. I don't want to see you on the phone chatting next time. Understood?"

Hyo-Jin shot up and straightened her body. "Y-Yes sir. It will not happen again." 

AJ straightened up. "Good. Now carry on with whatever you're supposed to do and handle those people coming into the station well. I expect you to give it your best."

"Yes sir!" Hyo-Jin replied once again.

AJ walked away and Hyo-Jin breathed out the breath she was holding. She was afraid of getting punished. She knew she had to toughen up if she wanted to get off the desk bound job in the police station. Hyo-Jin wanted to get into the real action. Hyo-Jin sat on the chair behind her and looked at her uniform. She smiled. She had been inspired to take up the job as a police officer after her incident. She saw how so many people could be affected by one person's action. She figured that the situation would be better if things had been stopped earlier. She saw how becoming a policewoman could help the lives of others. If she was efficient enough in catching criminals, she could definitely change other people's lives. It brought her pride to think so.

Hyo-Jin could sense the presence of another person and lifted her head. It was a man wearing an office suit. He had his royal blue jacket laid on his arm. He was wearing a white collared shirt with the first two buttons of the shirt ed. He was clearly a handsome man. His brown chestnut hair had been styled in a sleek manner. Shaking sense back into herself, Hyo-Jin asked.

"Hello sir, how may I help you?"

The man furrowed his eyebrows. "I would like to report a theft. My wallet was stolen in the streets."

Hyo-Jin nodded in acknowledgement and began typing down his report. "Can you give a description of the thief? Any distinct feature on him or her?"

"I think he was wearing a black baseball jacket. He was wearing a cap so I couldn't see his face."

"Where exactly did this take place?"

"Outside a cafe called Heartbean in Apgujeong. I was holding my wallet when the guy just grabbed it and made a run for it."

"I see. What does your wallet look like?" Hyo-Jin asked, her eyes never leaving the computer screen. 

"Its a brown leather skin wallet about this size – ," The man gestured with hands, " – and I have my ID card and credit cards inside."

"Alright. May I have your full name and contact number?" Hyo-Jin asked.

"Park Changjo and I'll just give you my namecard. Its the only thing I didn't put in my wallet."

Hyo-Jin was stunned to hear his name again. She stopped typing and stared at the computer. She couldn't move at all. It came off guard at her. Changjo? The Changjo I knew seven years ago? 

"Miss, are you okay?" Changjo asked, his hand outstretched with his namecard in his hand. 

Hyo-Jin forced herself to get out of the trance and looked up at him. You changed so much. She took the namecard from him and began typing the number in. She knew she had to act casual. He didn't need to know who she was unless he asked. 

"Thank you, Mr Park. If there is any update about your wallet, we will call you." Hyo-Jin smiled. 

"Thank you too Miss?" Changjo said in questioning manner. 

"Ms Kim Hyo-Jin." Hyo-Jin declared. 

Hyo-Jin could see the realisation hitting him. His face showed it all. He was stuttering to get his words out. 

"Oh." Changjo managed to say.

"Well if there is nothing else, you may leave Mr Park. Rest assured we will try to find your wallet." 

Changjo was still surprised but he gathered himself easily and walked out in big strides, his faux leather lace up dress shoes clicking on the ground. Hyo-Jin looked at his retreating figure and heaved a sigh. He's doing better now. She began stacking up the files and documents on her desk neatly. She saw the namecard he gave and picked it up.

Amber Sports Apparel

Mr. Park Changjo

CFO 

010 XXXX YYYY

---------------

"Hey Hyo-Jin. You can knock off now." Kangjun, her fellow police officer called out to her as he approached her desk.

Hyo-Jin smiled and nodded as she headed for the changing room to change into her normal clothing. She wore a red checkered buttoned down shirt which she ed to reveal a white t-shirt with the words: Follow Me. She wore comfortable white-washed jeans with black velvet loafers. She carried a grey bagpack. When she got to the entrance of the police station, he saw a familiar figure. She realised almost immediately that it was Changjo. She approached him and he looked at Hyo-Jin. They did not say anything. They did not know what to say to be precise. 

Changjo broked the silence. "So I believe you've been doing well?"

"At first, no but afterwards yes. I can see that you've been doing extremely well." Hyo-Jin commented.

Changjo chuckled. "Yes, I have." 

Silence enveloped them once again in the quiet night.

"You know what? I should get going." Hyo-Jin began walking away.

Changjo grabbed her arm and said. "Don't go yet. Its been so long. Too long."

It hurt Hyo-Jin to hear that. Was he playing with her heart or was genuine? She didn't know. He pushed her away back then but now he's holding her back? 

"What do you want? You told me stay away from you. So I have because I agreed." Hyo-Jin blurted out. She was seething with anger at how he seemed to toy with her feelings.

"I know." Changjo said in quiet voice. He slowly retracted his hand from her arm. "You can go if you want. Sorry."

Hyo-Jin looked at his face and saw the anguish in his face. She could not bear to leave him. 

"Do you want my number?" Hyo-Jin asked without realising. Even she was surprised at what she said.

Changjo hesitated slightly with surprise. "S-Sure."

Changjo handed her his phone. Hyo-Jin slowly typed out her number as Changjo looked at her with soft eyes. When he realised she was done, he looked away. He took his phone back. 

"I'll get going now." Hyo-Jin as she turned away from him awkwardly.

Changjo stayed in his spot, looking at her as she walked away, joining the crowd of people in the streets. I missed you Hyo-Jin.