Heads up

My heart! Whats wrong??!

    Changjo laid his body across the long couch in his house. He thought about living his life independantly since there was nobody to take care of him now. He might have to take up a part time job despite having some inheritance from his father. He knew the inheritance won't last his whole life. 


   Changjo heaved a sigh as he sat back up. He had made his mind to put his father's death behind and start afresh, just like how his father wanted. The problem then was that Hyo-Jin's face kept appearing in his thoughts. He wanted to put her behind him too. He didn't want to be selfish. It would be too much to desire her when he already messed her life.      

  Changjo got off the couch and grabbed his better looking pants. He needed to go out and soothe his soul and mind. He opened the door and let
the breeze enter the house. He felt like he could bare his heavy chest to the wind and let it bring all the sorrow away. At that, he knew where he wanted to be. The beach.

-------------------

  "Yubin-ah! Lets go the beach today! I feel like playing in the water today.." Hyo-Jin cooed.    

   "Just the two of us? Thats gonna be boring. How about asking AJ along? I'll ask Jokwon along. He's fun to hang around with!" Yubin giggled.

  "AJ and I have broken up. It was two weeks ago. We're both cool about it." Hyo-Jin smiled her brightest smile.  

It was the truth though. They were both cool about it. They didn't bear grudges against each other.

"Oh. Wow. Really? Never mind! Jokwon oppa will cheer you up later on!" Yubin assured her with a wink. 


-------------------   


The surface of the blue-green sea glimmered in the sun. The white sands on the shore were dotted with twigs fallen from trees. There was an elevated rock on the shore which extended slightly to the sea. The platform of rock was large enough to accomodate a person or two. A tall male figure could be seen standing there.   
                    
Changjo filled his lungs with the salty sea breeze. It had been so long since he felt so free. He tucked his hands into his pants' pockets and pulled his shoulders back. He wished this happiness could remain forever.

He sat down and leaned back with the support from his hands. Changjo stared at the view, clearing his mind. His gaze softened. A smile which had not appeared on his charming face for quite some time, emerged. The sea was a sort of healing for Changjo.


---------  

 "Hyo-Jin ah. Wanna play beach volleyball with oppa later? I'm great at it." Jokwon smirked. 


"FYI, I'm in my school's volleyball team. Which makes me an awesome player," Hyo-Jin retaliated, confidence brewing. 

"Enough bragging you two. Hyo-Jin you carry this to a spot in the beach. You, Jokwon shall carry the rest while I supervise." Yubin raised her eyebrows.

Hyo-Jin grabbed the mat she was instructed to carry and waddled over. She had a haversack on her back. She found a shady spot and dumped the mat there. Heaving out a breath of relief. She dusted her hands and looked around at the beautiful scenery. Not many people were there which made it more convenient for her. She just didn't feel like hearing so much noise that day. 


   Hyo-Jin's gaze fell upon a male figure seated on a stone platform. Her eyes were immediately glued to him. The scene was like something out of a movie. The sea glimmering in the sun, the delicate white sand and a male who seemed to catch her attention in the sun's light. Hyo-Jin giggled to herself. It was magical.
                 
Hyo-Jin heard some blabberings nearing her and ascertained that Jokwon and Yubin were coming. She turned her head to them and ran closer to them to help out with whatever she could. Jokwon was carrying everything else that was left in the car; just as Yubin had instructed earlier on. Jokwon was struggling with the items.

When Hyo-Jin was by his side, Yubin said, "Don't bother helping him out. He needs the excercise." 


Yubin turned to Jokwon next. "Time to build up those muscles hmm." 
  
Jokwon made a face. "Excuses to exploit my labour. Typical of Kim Yubin."

"Hey, don't push your luck. You're having it easy already." Yubin glared at him.

  Hyo-Jin reached for a bag Jokwon was carrying but Yubin stopped her.  

"Hyo-Jin, let him carry them all. Its just a short distance left. You're okay with it right?" Yubin flicked her head to Jokwon who was nodding his head sarcastically. 


"Well okay!" Hyo-Jin said. 


Yubin put an arm over Hyo-Jin's shoulder and they all headed for the spot Hyo-Jin found.

--------------

 Jokwon smacked the ball heading his way over the net and smiled in triumph, his arms on his hips. Hyo-Jin squinted at him. Hyo-Jin just wanted to aim for his smug face right then. Suddenly, she felt a tap on her right shoulder. Hyo-Jin turned to meet her sister's face. 

"I want to join in the game! Its getting heated up right now. I totally wanna kick his ." Yubin winked at Hyo-Jin.

The smile on Jokwon's face was wiped off and he whined. "Two against one is not fair." 

"Quit wining Jo," Yubin called out to him by his nickname.

Jokwon turned around and started off, running. 

"Hey! Where are you going?" Hyo-Jin raised her voice.

-------------

Unexpectedly, Hyo-Jin and Yubin found things to talk about. They were fascinated by a plant species they chanced upon. They had their backs turned from the volleyball court they had made. 

"Hey guys! Come on over! Lets get on with the game. I've found somebody to play with us so that its two versus two!" Jokwon shouted. 

The two sisters turned around. Hyo-Jin's heart skipped a beat when she saw the person next to Jokwon. She stared in disbelief. Yubin was as surprised as Hyo-Jin. Jokwon looked from the two sisters to the person he found. He was bewildered.

"Ummm is there something wrong? Do you guys know one another? If thats the case isn't it better?" Jokwon grinned. 

Their unexpected guest player finally voiced out. "I'll leave if you guys want. I don't really mind."

"No. Stay." Hyo-Jin said.

Changjo's heart fluttered when he heard those words. He kept his straight face but inside, he was jumping for joy. 

Jokwon rocked back and forth. "O-kay. So are we still gonna play or what?" 

"Of course," Hyo-Jin shot at him. "We're not going to lose to you right sis?" 

Yubin nodded with a beautiful smile. 

------------

"Oh. You're good at this." Jokwon commended Changjo.

Changjo nodded with a slight smile. "Thank you."

For that short period of time, all of them forgot their troubles and got lost in their spirit for winning the game. All of them had smiles on their faces. 

Hyo-Jin stole glances at Changjo when she could. He looked so suave with the beads of sweat dripping down his hair. At other times, it was Changjo stealing glances at Hyo-Jin. 

Soon, they ended the game because Jokwon was complaining of hunger. They settled on the mat they had brought with them. Yubin invited Changjo to have lunch with them. Changjo agreed. 

--------------

Both Jokwon and Yubin had excused themselves to go to the toilet. Hyo-Jin and Changjo were left alone. They found it awkward and refused to face each other until Changjo sounded out. 

"I didn't expect to meet you here. Really. I just wanted to get some fresh air," Changjo explained.

"Me neither." Hyo-Jin replied. 

"So how is it between you and the police guy?" Changjo asked.

Bad move Changjo. He thought. Hyo-Jin's expression changed.

"We...broke up." Hyo-Jin hesitated. 

"Oh." Changjo expressed. "Why?"

"Look. You told me to stop being concerned for you. So why are you poking your nose into my business?" Hyo-Jin blurted out. 

Changjo widened his eyes in realisation. What she said was true. He wasn't entitled to ask her such things when he had told her not mind him. 

"I'm sorry. I forgot." Changjo replied. 

Hyo-Jin stared at him. "Do you really want us to stay this way? Really?"

Changjo was speechless.

"Answer me." Hyo-Jin pushed on.

"Yes." Changjo said. He wanted stab his toungue right there and then. It was certainly not what he wanted but it was what he thought was right. 

Hyo-Jin nodded in acknowledgement. It was made clear to her now. He had drawn a visible line between them now. She would not bug him anymore.