Why?

My heart! Whats wrong??!

     "Eunjung! Wait up!" He jogged to catch up with Eunjung. 

     Eunjung stopped in her tracks and turned her head around to see Kevin Woo rapidly advancing towards her. She waited for him awkwardly. She always found it awkward whenever someone called after her from behind and she would have to wait for the person. Eunjung glanced at the ground and then at Kevin again. She moved her right feet back and forth on the ground as she stared after it. 

     "Hey! Where are you headed now? Home?" Kevin started the conversation with his hands in his pocket.

      Eunjung thought for a while and her eyes widened slightly as she remembered what she was supposed to do. She swiftly whipped her phone out and started punching in some numbers. Kevin looked at her and frowned. His eyebrows met as his eyes darted from her face to her phone. 

       "You know, its kinda rude to ignore someone's question and then play her phone," Kevin said, his eyes becoming smaller by the minute.

       Eunjung took a glance at him showed him an apologetic smile. She put her phone to her ear and gestured to Kevin to wait. She turned her back towards Kevin and waited for the person at the other end of the phone to pick it up. Eunjung lifted her face when the person answered. 

       "Hello?" The person asked.

       "Umm yeah. Its me Eunjung," She replied. 

       "Oh, oh hi. What is it?"

       "I called to tell you that I saw Hyo-Jin at the hospital today. She was trying to find out about her injuries. But i'm guessing that she wanted to know how she got the injuries instead," Eunjung said. 

        There was a slight hesitance and Eunjung could hear the faint sigh from her phone. 

        "Was it in the afternoon?" He asked.

        "Yeah around noon. Look AJ, I'm not trying to be a busybody or anything but I think you should check her out to see if she's feeling fine or anything. She may have found some things and regained part of her memory. So, she needs the emotional support." Eunjung suggested.

         "Umm ok. Thank you... Eunjung," AJ replied. 

        "Hmm sure," Eunjugn said and pressed the red button.

         Eunjung turned and looked at Kevin. She smiled sheepishly and went closer towards the Kevin who was folding his arms. He didn't look that happy. 

         "Why did you call him?" He questioned, giving emphasis on the 'him'. 

         "Kevin. I've moved on already. I called him about Hyo-Jin. You know, his girlfriend." Eunjung explained. 

         "Oh yeah? Then why did your face light up when he picked up the call?" Kevin questioned once again. 

         "Its none of your business if I actually still have feelings for him okay," Eunjung's face turned red. 

         Kevin stepped closer to her but Eunjung moved back. Tears threatened to fall from her eyes but her will was stronger. She wouldn't allow her tears to fall as it was symbolic of her strength. She didn't want to be a weak and fragile woman in Kevin's eyes. She wanted to be much more. A woman whom Kevin would admire for her will-power.

         "Don't come any closer, Dr. Woo," Eunjung warned. Her finger pointed towards him. 

         Kevin put his hands in front of him as a sign of surrender. He then put his hands down. 

         "Eunjung. It hurts me to see you hurting. The way you're acting nonchalant makes me feel more pain. Couldn't you just be true to yourself?" Kevin said, his face softening and he looked longingly at her.

         She was surprised by his words. What did he mean? Did he like Eunjung? Eunjung just kept quiet as her eyes seemed unstable for a moment as they tried their best to look at other things other than Kevin's eyes. Eunjung got even more taken aback when he hugged her suddenly. Her eyes widened and she froze. She didn't know how to react. It was her first time, being hugged by a guy. But this hug felt so warm that it touched her heart. Eunjung closed her eyes and smiled at the feeling. She slowly lifted her slender arms and put them on his back. She felt like he would protect her from the evil of the world. Kevin broke the hug and smiled lovingly at her. 

        "Do you understand how I feel for you now? It hurts me to see you so sad over another guy whose not worth your time. I've been fond of you for quite some time but I never got the courage to tell you. Call me a coward but I feel like a hero now." 

         Eunjung scoffed in a nice way. "Cheesy much."

        Kevin chuckled and held her by her shoulders. "So....Does this mean that you accept me? Accept me for who I am not for the sake of forgetting that jerk!"

        Eunjung put her hand to and looked away. She was trying to hold her laughter. Even his confession was so unique. She liked that about him. He was not like those types of guys who try all sorts of sweet things to impress the lady. He was simply true to himself and to her. He was being himself in whatever he did. Kevin side stepped to face her again. This time, he wasn't smiling. Eunjung thought that it was time to get a grip on herself and seriously tell him what she felt. 

        "Kevin. You're a nice guy and all but," Eunjung hesitated. 

        Kevin's eyes widened in surprise. Was he about to be rejected? 

        "I understand if you don't want to accept me you know," Kevin said. 

       Eunjung stifled a laugh and Kevin looked up again. 

        "Hey, I didn't finish my sentence you know. I wanted to say that I just found out that I fell for you and that I do accept you. I found your hug to be so warm and sincere."

          Kevin grabbed Eunjung by the hand and started running while dragging her along. See what did I tell you? Even his way of celebrating is different. Eunjung giggled.


          "Hyo-Jin ah. Where are you? I've been calling you and you weren't at home either," AJ blurted out. 

          "Can you come to me now? I feel so confused right now." Hyo-Jin managed to say. 

          "Hmm. Where are you exactly?" He asked. 

          Upon hearing the place from Hyo-Jin's mouth herself, AJ sped off on his bike. He couldn't bear thinking that Hyo-Jin was miserably sitting alone in a quiet place, falling prey to the criminals out there. He made a few swift turns past a lorry and a car. The place was not that hard to find and soon he spotted a figure crouched on the ground. AJ stopped his bike by the road and took off his helmet. He ran up to her and knelt next to her. He held her by the arms.

        "Why are you here at this hour? Its late and its dangerous to be alone here," AJ told her off. 

        Hyo-Jin could only sob in his presence. No words seemed to come out from . It was as if she had turned mute. 

       AJ hugged her and sat down on the ground with a loud thud. 

       "Hey. Whats wrong? Stop crying and tell your troubles," AJ wiped her tears off and held her chin lightly to make her face him. 

       Hyo-Jin took several deep breaths and managed to stop sobbing. She faced him fully and held his hands.

        "Why didn't you tell me earlier? About Changjo and his deeds towards me. Why did you have to make me find out all these things by myself?" 

       AJ stared at the ground and finally mustered the courage to look at her. 

       "I wanted to let nature take its course. Let you accept things for yourself." 

       Hyo-Jin stared at his face for a long while until she finally nodded in understanding. 

       "I'm able to accept these things but I need some time to clear my mind, get things straight," Hyo-Jin tightened her grip on AJ's hands. 

       AJ nodded and gave a slight smile. 

       To be honest, Hyo-Jin was crying because the guy she longed for in the past no longer held a place in her heart. She felt as though he was only treating her as his younger sister except that he was trying to live in denial and really take her for his lover. She didn't want to live in denial either. Despite the hate she felt for Changjo, she was also feeling a sense of longing for him. She remembered their past dates and really wondered if he really acted out all those things.