I must do something

My heart! Whats wrong??!

             AJ was getting worried. What if Changjo decided to get even with her again? He messed his black hair in frustration. Hyo-Jin wasn't picking up his calls. She wasn't in school and she wasn't at home either. 

            "Hey you're AJ right?" A girl's voice broke his thoughts. He turned to look at a girl wearing the same school uniform as Hyo-Jin. He scanned her from top to bottom making the girl feel rather uncomfortable. AJ then slowly nodded his head. He was sure that they hadn't met before. How did she know him? 

         "Are you looking for Hyo-Jin?" She asked. AJ immediately nodded his head.

         "Do you know where she is?" 

          It was the girl's turn to nod her head. "She went to the hospital with Changjo."

          AJ widened his eyes. Did he hear it right? Hyo-Jin went to the hospital with Changjo? Did Changjo do something to her? Ohoh. AJ wasn't going to sit back doing nothing. 

          "Which hospital?" 

          "I think its Seoul National University Hopital." 

           "Thanks." And with that AJ rode off to the hospital. If he laid eyes on that Changjo, he swore he could tear off Changjo's head.

             Upon reaching, AJ ran to the hospital counter, asking about Hyo-Jin.

             "Excuse me. Is there a girl named Kim Hyo-Jin being admitted here?" He asked. 

             "Give me a sec. Ummm. No. There doesn't seem to be girl with that name here." The nurse smiled sympathetically while shaking her head. 

            "Are you sure?" AJ asked further. 

            The nurse looked at him trying to convince him with her eyes. "Yes." 

            AJ nodded in acknowledgement and moved on. He looked around. Then a thought struck him. Changjo was with her. He walked back to the counter. The nurse looked at him with a face full of question marks. She was starting to get irritated. 

         "Sir, I already told you she's not here." The nurse stood firm. 

         "Yes, I understand. But could you check if there's a boy by the name of Changjo. I'm not sure of his surname but could you check for the results? He's 18." 

            The nurse began typing and moved her eyes back to AJ. "Yes there's a result for it. Park Changjo. He's in ward number 302." 

            "Thank you very much!" AJ called out as he jogged in search of the ward. 

            He scanned through the numbers on the doors as he rushed past. He was about to pass by the ward when he realised that that was it. Ward 302. AJ looked at the name beside the door and read it as Park Changjo. He opened the door with a creaking sound and peeked his head in. He saw Hyo-Jin resting her head on the bed with Changjo lying unconscious on the bed. AJ breathed a sigh of relief but soon anger engulfed him when he saw Hyo-Jin beside the guy who caused pain to her. He walked up to Hyo-Jin and held her shoulder. Hyo-Jin stirred and looked up at him. "Oh. Y-" AJ put a finger on his lips and grabbed Hyo-Jin by the wrist. 

             "Loosen your grip. It hurts." Hyo-Jin wailed. She was surprised to see AJ hurting her like that. His face was all serious and Hyo-Jin felt uncomfortable as it was really rare to see him angry. 

              AJ flung her wrist from his grip with his back facing her. "Explain yourself." 

              Hyo-Jin rubbed her wrist and scoffed. "You explain yourself. Why did you suddenly come here and drag me out?" 

              AJ turned around swiftly and looked up in frustration. "Urgghh! Do you how worried I was? I thought something happened to you again. I promised myself not to let you get hurt ever again." 

              AJ had his face covered with his hands. He kept rubbing his face continuously without even realising he was doing it. He didn't want to see Hyo-Jin's face. He wanted to hide the fact that he was actually traumatised by the incident. He really thought that that might have been the last time he saw Hyo-Jin. He wanted to protect her with all he could. 

              Hyo-Jin softened up. "Hey are you okay?"

              She held his shoulder and rubbed it gently as a way of comforting him.

             AJ calmed down a little and faced Hyo-Jin. "Hyo-Jin, I'm so sorry I shot up at you. Its just that I was so scared that Changjo might have done something to you again." He held Hyo-Jin's hand.

             "What do you mean again? You mean he hurt me before?" 

             AJ looked away and released his slight grip on Hyo-Jin's hand. He then put his hands into his pants pocket. 

            "Tell me." Hyo-Jin persisted. 

            "I think you should let nature take its course. When you are ready, I guess you will let yourself remember all the things you have forgotten. The things you might have dreaded." AJ said.

            Hyo-Jin just got more irritated. Not being able to remember was bad enough but people she thought she could trust would not tell her either. How else was she going to regain her memory? She clenched her teeth and walked off in the other direction. AJ called out to her but she had shut out all the voices from coming in.

----------

            Changjo was lying unconscious on the hospital bed, oblivious to his surroundings. Hyo-Jin was staring hard at him. She didn't know whether to feel hatred or sympathy for him. He had hurt her before. In what form? That she didn't know but now she was going to go all out on searching for the truth. Hyo-Jin was not going to wait until all those memories came back to her. That would take too long. She had waited long enough and the frustration had finally gotten ahead of her. Something had to be done. 

           "I don't know what happened but I sincerely feel sorry for the loss of your father. As of now, I will not bother you anymore until I found out the truth." Hyo-Jin turned away and headed for the door. Her voice was monotonous.

           "All the best Hyo-Jin. Don't ever sympathise with me. It will only double your hatred for my father and me." Changjo said after Hyo-Jin left. He opened his eyes slightly. He had already been awake but he didn't want to initiate a conversation.

          Changjo whistled a familiar tune he had heard during his childhood. The tune which showed his father's humanity. Tears streamed down his face. His sniffing caused him to break the tune and in turn he broke down into sobs.