Life for AJ

My heart! Whats wrong??!

~AJ's POV~ 

At his house....

        Haish...why did i even pick this path in my career? (he sat on his dining table's chair) This is so tough...(rubs his face with both hands) I even have to watch out for an ungrateful brat. Oh, my spare phone is ringing. 

AJ: Yeoboseyo? Ne, sir. Do you need my latest report? (speaks softer) Recently, there has only been gang fights. I suspect that they're planning something. My "boss" has been having that evil thinking look. I notice it everytime he plans something. 

Sir: Jaeseop. you need to be extra careful especially when we are very close to getting them red handed. I suspect they were involved in more than just drugs. I think they were involved in the murder and "accidental" death cases a long tim ago. I have had this belief even when everybody thought it was hopeless and that it was just another road accident... I assure you that as soon as you've gotten enough evidence for their crime, you will be able to return back to your normal life. 

AJ: I understand sir. I've been with them for about 6 months already. I know things which i can't say here and now in case they have bugged my place.

Sir: Alright then. Be extra careful and destroy this phone number after this call. Next time you will contact me by public phone.

AJ: Yes sir.

          I killed the call almost immediately. Being in contact with my officer in charge is just so scary. You never know when you could be caught, whether they recorded the conversation or even bugged the place. I took out the card which contained my phone number and cut it with a pair of scissors. I shouldn't have accepted that offer. I thought it would be exciting to act like James Bond but now there's so much that coud be at risk especially if i was caught. I only show this fear when i'm alone so as not to attract attention.

          Those people are ruthless. They hit people as they please, kill people when they are deemed useless in their eyes. Do they regard people's lives similar to that of animals'? Even some animals are treated better than humans. This is the very reason why I need to be extra careful. I need to stay alive in order to accomplish my mission. To bring glory to my family, especially my father who always believed in me. Abbeoji, I will survive this and come home safe and sound. (looks up at the ceiling with eyes shut)

           Why did Hyo-Jin's face suddenly appear in my mind? (eyes open almost immediately) I remembered that she dropped her phone but i had picked it up after that Chnagjo "talked" to me. More like lecture though. (took out her phone from his back pocket and looked at it) I was gonna return it but the bus already started moving and Hyo-Jin had already entered the school. Her phone accesories are so cute, just like her. Hey! I shouldn't be thinking of such things...

            I thought i saw someone following her. I'm worried but I don't think anyone would want to harm her, would there? I hope not. I shouldn't bother too much. I need to focus on my goal. I'll return this the next time i see her on the bus or maybe i should go to her school and return it to her personally. That would be more sincere...(smiles to himself)