Race For Time

My heart! Whats wrong??!


       Yu Bin was fussing over the defected clothing which had been put onto mannequins. She had been trying to think of ways to save the designs, her designs. The fashion show would be taking place in 3 days so she had to reverse the effects but the thing was that the colours were totally wrong! They didn't match the theme. Yu Bin could only think of her rival, Sohee. Sohee was younger than her and sometimes Yu Bin thought that Sohee was even more capable than herself. Yu Bin would have actually applauded Sohee for her capability but she wouldn't as she knew that Sohee would do anything to get what she wanted including ruining others. Sohee had warned Yu Bin to watch out when Yu Bin had offended her. Hence, without investigating, she already knew who was behind the "destruction" of her line of clothings. 


  "Urghh! How are we supposed to save the designs?! It is almost impossible for me to modify these clothings to match the fashion show." Yu Bin cried out, tears gathering in her eyes. 


     Her team of designers were there with her but they were afraid to console Yu Bin. They knew that if Yu Bin was in a bad mood, they could get a really bad scolding from her. 


      "Hahaha! How does it feel? You're never going to be able to make new ones in time for the fashion show. You might as well tell the organiser that i will be taking over and showcasing my designs." Sohee strolled into the room with a smirk on her face. She had emphasised on the word 'my' in her sentence.


      Yu Bin was outraged. She slammed her hand on the table and shouted, "Damn it! Just get out of here! I will never let you take over the fashion show! I will definitely showcase my designs! So just get lost!"


       Sohee was a little startled as she jumped slightly. She had never seen Yu Bin act that way before but she quickly regained her composure and took her time to stroll out of the room. Yu Bin glared at Sohee's back as she made her way out. 


       Silence filled the room. Everyone in her team remained there by her side to help her. Yu Bin had decided to just use the colours as they were and change the theme of the venue at the last minute. It was all she could do to save the show. Yu Bin's team helped her prepare new materials to be added to the defects. She redesigned the clothings to suit the new theme. Yu Bin could be seen holding a pair of scissors cutting away. She was dealing with different materials, cotton, satin,denim and leather. Yu Bin and her team had sweat dripping from their foreheads occasionally although they were in an air-conditioned room. They were moving everywhere. At this point, teamwork was important for the completion. 


        "Oh yah! Yu Bin-shi. What were you doing when i called to tell you about the news?" Her team member, Sammi asked, when they were taking a break after a long time. 


         "Ahhh, i was– " Yu Bin shot her eyes wide as realisation struck her.  She had clean forgotten about her priority earlier on Hyo-Jin! She didn't waste anymore time. She dialled Hyo-Jin's phone number. 

           "The number you have called is currently unavailable. Please leave a message after the beep. Beeep" was not the reply Yu Bin had hoped to hear. 


           Yu Bin tried calling her grandma afterwards in hope of hearing that Hyo-Jin was safe and sound back at home. 


      "Yes. Yu Bin-ah why are the two of you still not back yet? Did you go out to eat?" Grandma said upon receiving the call with a friendly, motherly tone. 

 

       "A-Ani. I didn't pick her up from school. Something urgent cropped up at work and i completely forgot about Hyo-Jin!" Yu Bin replied, her voice quavering, a clear sign of anxiousness. She could no longer stay seated and shot up. 

 

      "Have you called her? She's not back yet!" Grandma was now worried.


        "I know, I know. She didn't pick up her phone. Okay, i can't talk now. I'll call her good friend. She might know where Hyo-Jin is." Yu Bin simply said and ended the call almost immediately. Yu Bin walked out of the office, towards her car while dialling for Yoon-Ji, Hyo-Jin's best friend. 


       "Hello~ Oh. Yu Bin unnie. What made you call?" Yoon-Ji answered bubbly.


       "Yoon-Ji ah. Are you with Hyo-Jin now? Or do you know where she is, where she went?" Yu Bin asked straight to the point. 


        "No, i'm not with her now. But i think i saw her going on a date again with Changjo..." Yoon-Ji said.


         "Okay. Then where did they, go?" Yu Bin asked.


         "I don't know because i only saw them going into a black car which seemed to belong to Changjo." Yoon-Ji said.


         "Can you describe the car in more detail and which direction they went?" Yu Bin questioned once more. 


        "The roof of the car was covered" she paused for a moment, "Oh i think i remember seeing my classmate taking a photo at the back of the car. The photo may have caught the plate number of the car. Do you need it that badly? I can ask for it from her." Yoon-Ji said, starting to feel that something was off.

 

        "Thank you so much Yoon-Ji! It would be great of you could send me that photo." Yu Bin exclaimed her gratitude and sighed out of relief. 


        "I'll send it to you as soon as possible. Bye!" Yoon-Ji ended the call. 


        Around five minutes later, Yu Bin's phone beeped. She received a photo with the car but the plate number could not be seen clearly. The camera had focused on the girl in the picture making the background seem slightly blurred. Yu Bin cursed under her breath. Time wasn't on her side. Anything could have happened to Hyo-Jin in the time lost. She felt angry at herself and hated herself for forgetting about Hyo-Jin. When she thought all hopes were lost, Yu Bin suddenly remembered that the school has a camera near the front gate turning at different angles every few seconds. 


        Finally, she started the engine and drove away, heading for Hyo-Jin's school.


       "Please Hyo-Jin. Tell me you're fine...." Yu Bin said to herself through gritted teeth. 


        When she reached the school, she got out swiftly and headed for the school's management office. She entered the office and saw a lady sitting behind a cream coloured desk. 


         "Excuse me, but i noticed that the school has a CCTV camera put near the gate. I'm an elder sister of a student here and i'm afraid that" Yu Bin hesitated, " that she's missing. I'm hoping to find out where she went from having a look at the CCTV footage." 

 

       "I see... but i need to check if you're really related to a student here. Your name and your sister's please." The lady who seemed to be in her mid thirties said smiling sweetly making Yu Bin relax a little. 


       Yu Bin gave their names and was given access to the recorded footage. She searched for the footage which had captured the image of the black car. When she found it, she saw the direction the car went and its plate number. She quickly jotted down the numbers and letters contained in the plate number. Now she had to look for the car's location. Searching for Hyo-Jin was getting even more tedious. She had to get the police to help her search for the black car's location because it was beyond her capability to do it herself. Just then, she recalled having a friend who works for the police. "If she helps me, it would save me the trouble of making a trip to the police station." Yu Bin thought to herself. Yu Bin looked for her friend's phone number in her contact list and called her up. 


     "Hello. Yu Bin-ah! Its been a long time! Why did you call?" Her friend, Mira asked.

 
      "Oh, yes it has been very long. I need your help. My sister's missing and she had been taken away in a black car. Can you help me locate the car? I'll tell you the car's plate number." Yu Bin said in one breath. 


       "Oh my. I'll help but you need to get help from the police forces. It may turn out to be a case of kidnapping." Mira replied. 


         Mira searched for the car's location as soon as she heard the letters and numbers being relayed to her. Yu Bin ended the call so that Mira could do her job more efficiently. Yu Bin waited anxiously, moving about in her seat and biting the nail of her thumb out of old habit. For what seemed to be a long wait, her phone finally beeped and she saw the location being sent to her as well as a reminder: Its at an abandoned amusement park in Suwon. Yu Bin PLEASE don't do anything before the police arrive. Understand? 


Yu Bin smirked and replied: Fine...


       Yu Bin dashed to her car and started her journey to the amusement park. 

 

       She thought to herself, "Should I wait for the police before approaching them? She's my sister. I should act when neccessary." 

        She made the car pick up speed as she knew that it could take a very long time to reach there. 


      AJ had went to meet up with his superior of the police department – not that he had become more bold or anything but it was finally ending. All his worries of working undercover would soon be gone. He had gathered enough evidence to convict the man who had done many evil deeds along with the people associated with him and his illegal business. They sat in the spacious office of AJ's superior.

 

         "Sir, all the evidence are in here." AJ said, gesturing to the envelope he had brought along with him.

         "Alright. You can finally take a breather after that long hardship. Now, we need to arrest them fast before they realise something's wrong." His superior stated. 

 

        "If there's nothing else could i take my leave? I understand that I can't participate in their arrest as they might identify me and cause harm to my relations." AJ said.

 

      " Yes, yes. You could leave now. But i can assure you that their arrest will be very soon. We don't have a second to lose." His superior stated once again and got up from his seat to get busy.

       AJ stood up as well and bowed in respect before heading for the door to leave. He walked through the busy corridor but nobody recognised him. Why not? It had been a year since he left and considering the nature of their job which keeps them busy most of the time, it was normal to forget someone who had "quit" his job there. Sure they were all sad when he said that he was "quiting" his look for higher paying jobs but they had moved on.

 

       AJ carried on walking to the lift. He started thinking of how he would lead his life from now on. He was going to live in his new house – not the temporary small stuffy room anymore. As ideas flooded into his mind, he suddenly thought of the girl he had taken interest in – Hyo-Jin. He would finally be able approach her freely. At the thought of her, he remembered that the two cunning men whom he had to regard as his bosses were planning to do harm to her. This made him worried. Their plan may have been executed already. He started to think hard in hope of getting ideas of finding out if Hyo-Jin was safe.

 

      Before going off, he asked for a favour from his superior to find out. His superior inquired and noted that a police squad had been notified about a possible case of kidnapping. The police squad had been sent to deal with the situation. The person who had informed the police was none other than Yu Bin whose name AJ recognised to be Hyo-Jin's elder sister. AJ told his superior that it could be very possible that it was their target who had planned it. AJ told him that now would the most suitable time to apprehend them from both sides – at the scene and their illegal office. 

    "Everything's going to be alright Hyo-Jin. I'll save you no matter what..." AJ said putting on a bulletproof vest and a black face mask to conceal his identity. He got ready to follow the squad sent to handle the situation.

 


I don't know if the place i said really has an abandoned amusement park. But i thought it would be a good idea? I just randomly picked the place sooo, don"t bash me if its wrong. :)