Can I Fix Him?

Afraid to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong's P.O.V

 

"Do you think you can speed up, Ji?! We're losing him," Seunghyun called from the back. 

 

"This as fast as we can go, we're here already. Put pressure on the wound," I yelled. 

 

"Is Himchan gonna be fine?" Yongguk asked, terrified of all the blood.

 

"HELP! He's been shot!" I carried him into the hospital as nurses came running to attend to us. They lifted him on the stretcher and another nurse came over to ask questions. I left to let Seunghyun answer as I called Chaerin. 

 

"Chae, babe," I whispered. 

 

"Ji, are you okay? You're perfectly fine, right?" she asked worriedly as I sighed. 

 

"Chae, bring the girls and come to Seoul National University Hospital. Drive carefully, and don't worry." I hung up and chuckled miserably. How can I tell her not to worry when I just told her to come to the hospital? That kid better not die on us.

 

I noticed Chaerin and the girls at the end of the hall as I stood up to wave them over. She ran over and leaped into my arms as I embraced her tightly. "What happened, and who's blood is this?" She pulled away and stared at my shirt alarmed.

 

"It's Himchan's." They gasped, and especially Bom was surprised. Before we knew it she started sobbing and it didn't take long for the rest of the girls to cry as well. 

 

"Are you relatives of patient Kim Himchan?" A doctor walked up to us. 

 

"Yes, we're his friends." 

 

"I'm Doctor Kim Jaekyung." She shook my hand politely before continuing: "Well, your friend has been critically shot. He's partly stabilized for now, but his right lung has collapsed, and he needs a surgery to remove the bullets as soon as possible. We're going to proceed with a surgery right away, or things might look even worse than they do now. Any questions?" She smiled. 

 

"Doctor, is he going to survive?" Bom voiced out the question we all wanted an answer to. 

 

"There is a slight chance he won't. He can die of blood loss or during surgery, and there is a chance he'll end up in a coma as well. If it's for a couple of days, weeks or years, we don't know. Yet, there is a 85 % chance the surgery will go completely fine, and he'll wake up the next morning, so don't lose hope." 

 

"Thank you, doctor." I bowed gratefully as she chuckled heartily. 

 

"The surgery will last for around four hours, so I'd recommend some of you to get yourself some rest. Maybe change your clothes as well." She pointed at our bloodied clothes as I showed her a faint lopsided grin. "If you leave to get some rest, I promise we'll call you right away if anything occurs. At least take shifts on who stays awake if you're all so reluctant to stay."

 

I wrapped my arms around Chae and brought her closer before kissing the crown of her head when we were alone. "I love you, and I'm sorry I couldn't keep my promise," I said as she pulled away slightly to look at me. 

 

"Which promise?" she tilted her head confused.

 

"Cuddling with you in bed after the mission, and coming back without any bruises." I snickered softly as she glared at me before my wounded cheek. "It's really nothing. At least I didn't get shot," I muttered as she sighed. 

 

"I was praying for nothing to happen to you guys, including Himchan and them too," she responded as I frowned. Did she know about their mission? "But how did it go with YG?" 

 

"What do you mean? Did they tell you anything before going?" I furrowed my brows as she gasped inaudibly. Almost like it was a secret, and I only grew madder. 

 

"Himchan told me about a 'dangerous mission', and he was acting weird, but he didn't want you and Seunghyun to know. I didn't expect anything like this to happen, and you had your important mission. I didn't want to worry you." She gazed at me apologetically, but I pulled away completely. 

 

"You knew?! And you didn't tell your own boyfriend? Save it, Chae." I scoffed and walked away from her. I gritted my teeth and pulled at my hair frustrated. I don't think I'd be this mad if it was Seunghyun who didn't tell me. Is this what love does to you? This is all new to me, but do I really get this angry because she didn't tell me one thing? Okay, I'm also kind of jealous because Himchan was the one who told her not to tell me. Himchan is a guy. And the idea of her with another guy annoys me every freaking time. I'm starting to sound like some crazy jealous freak, I know. Because of her talking to a guy friend, I do not have to picture them together. I'm overreacting. But I'm exhausted, my dongsaeng is in the hospital, and Chae telling me that she was hiding something didn't make it better.

 

I know I recently fell in love for real and realized what it actually felt like, but I am such a softie when it comes to her. It has literally been less than half an hour, and I'm ready to run back to her and apologize. I closed my eyes when I felt the soft breeze hit my face. I sighed in relief, but turned around immediately when I heard clearing of throat. "Hey," Chae murmured while rubbing her hands. She was clearly cold, and I should obviously walk up to her and hug her, but stupid me was just waiting for her to continue. "I'm sorry for not telling you, please don't be mad at me now. I'm so scared, and I don't want to think of what might happen to Himchan. Cause, if I actually told you, you would maybe stop them, and he wouldn't be hurt. I'm so sorry," she blabbered. I couldn't keep standing there when I saw her eyes b with tears. I wrapped my arms around her tightly and drew her close. 

 

"Baby, I overreacted. Don't cry. Nothing is your fault, and Himchan will be fine. Shh, he'll be fine." I her back soothingly as she shivered in my arms. "Let's go inside, you're cold." I intertwined our fingers and rushed back to the hospital.

 

"You don't have to run, Ji. Slow down." She frowned and sniffed as I chuckled because of her cute expression. Her nose was all red because of crying, and she was so adorable.

 

"My baby is cold! Come on!" I stopped and threw her over my shoulder as she shrieked. I ran t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter