A Slap From a Friend

Afraid to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaerin's P.O.V

 

I've managed to ignore Bom for the past days. I don't want to tell her about my breakup, even though it's been a while already. She's noticed that something is wrong and last time we spoke she wanted to talk about it. I make up excuses about work and sleep over at friends' houses just to avoid her. With friends I mean only Jay. No, we don't sleep together and we haven't had since we started hanging out again. He's a good friend, that's all. I know that Bom will be upset and fight with Ji and even her boyfriend because of me. I don't want that.

 

I locked the door behind me carefully, not wanting to wake up Bom. It was past her bedtime, so I'm figuring she's asleep. I silently went up the stairs and headed towards her room. Her door was slightly open so I slipped in and smiled apologetically before sitting next to her on the bed. I traced strands of her hair behind her ear and frowned when I noticed her swollen eyes. I stiffened when I heard groaning from the other side of the room and slowly shifted my eyes to the couch. My eyes widened when I saw a stranger lying on the couch comfortably. That is not Seunghyun, I'm sure. Why the hell would he sleep on the couch anyway? I picked up my closest weapon which was the vase and walked to the guy and poked his back before raising the vase. 

 

"Siwon?!" I yelled almost relieved when he squinted his eyes at me. 

 

"What the hell?" he murmured before sitting up. 

 

"I should be the one to say that. What are you doing here?" I scowled at him as he hushed me while nodding at Bom. 

 

"Well, somebody here couldn't be there for her best friend when she needed her the most. I couldn't leave her alone, but now that you're here I might as well leave," he answered with a scoff. 

 

"Wait, what happened to her?" I asked as he was on his way out. 

 

"Siwon? Chae?" Bom said with a husky voice. She had obviously been crying for a while. 

 

"Hey." I showed her a faint smile as I took a seat next to her while she sat up and sniffled. 

 

"Where were you?" Her eyes were soon filled with tears and I embraced her tightly as she started sobbing. 

 

"I'm so sorry, Bommie. I am." I her hair soothingly while she continued crying. What happened while I was away? Here I was worrying about how to tell her about my stupid breakup with Jiyong while she was heartbroken. Did she fight with Seunghyun? And what is he doing here? I looked at him as he closed the door after himself and probably headed downstairs, understanding we needed some time alone. Seunghyun couldn't have hurt her this bad because of some fight. 

 

"We broke up. Chaerin, we're over. It's really over," she said shakily shocking me. Wait, what? Seunghyun and Bom broke up? Weren't they like, the perfect couple? They were so sweet and happy. "My Seunghyun is a murderer. He's a criminal." I think she muttered, because I couldn't quite believe her. I'm not sure if I heard her right. I know Seunghyun was cold in the beginning, but as I got to know him he's a really good guy, and he treats Bom like he loves her. He being a murderer is an almost impossible thought. 

 

"Slow down, Bommie. What are you saying?" I frowned confused as she wiped away her tears, now looking ready to explain. 

 

"Seunghyun, your Jiyong, even Himchannie and the others, they're gangsters." She gulped before continuing as my eyes widened. "Yes, Chae, they kill for a living. When I tried to ask him about it, he didn't even try to persuade me to stay. He didn't tell me he loved me, he didn't even say he had any kind of feelings for me. Just one simple thing to make me stay and I swear I'd do my best to understand him. I'd be mad and upset and maybe freaked out because he lied to me about being a freaking gangster, but I'd try my best for him. Cause I love him. I'm madly in love with him and you have no idea how much it hurt when he just let me go. He doesn't want me. I gave myself to him that night we slept together, to him it was probably just . I don't know, Chae. I'm sorry I'm all about me when it's shocking for you too that your boyfriend is a gangster as well. I'm sorry for telling you like this." Yeah, I'm shocked. Oh god. What? Either way he's not my boyfriend anymore, so I shouldn't care, but he can't be. 

 

I know he loves her more than that. He couldn't possibly treat her like . I might as well be honest with her since it's over between Seunghyun and her. "Ji and I broke up, unnie. Like, two weeks ago, sorry for not telling, and now I'm kinda going out with Jay. Jiyong was a complete jerk."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter