Encounter on the Bench

Afraid to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Korean honorific dictionary:


Hyung – A term used by a boy when
referring to his older brother or older,
male friend (usually out of respect).
Noona/Nuna – A term used by a male
when referring to his older sister or
older, female fried (which is also out of
respect).
Oppa – A term used by a girl when
referring to her older brother. Often,
girls will also use "oppa" when they're
referring to an older male.
Unnie/Unni/Eonnie – A term used by a
girl when referring to an older sister,
but may also be used when a young girl is referring to an older girl.

 

I sat down on the closest bench next to a lady, one who seemed pretty frustrated at that as I pulled the hood over my head to hide my face. 

 

"Where the did he go?!" I heard as I saw a guy bent over while he was panting. I noticed how he spotted us, coming our way most likely to ask for me. 

 

"Oh ." I muttered. "Ehm, I'll explain later. Don't scream." I smiled politely to the woman next to me on the bench as she frowned, probably confused with what the hell I was saying. In the next second I hovered above her, cupping as to prevent myself from actually kissing her before I leaned in as close as possible. Our noses touched as her eyes widened. Understanding my pleading look she did not do anything to pull away. I decided taking advantage of being so close to a pretty girl as I carefully mesmerized her beauty. From her unusual red locks to her round doll eyes and her perfectly shaped nose, and not to mention her cute chubby cheeks she looked beautiful. Not that I haven't seen girls as pretty as her before.

 

"Hyung, I don't think they would notice if some stranger ran past them in hurry, clearly they're too busy eating each other on a public bench. Kids these days. Let's leave." He scoffed as I heaved a sigh of relief when I heard their voices slowly disappearing. 

 

"I think you can get off me now," she whispered snarkily as she probably noticed me staring at her. I cleared my throat awkwardly before scratching my neck. 

 

"Well, I'm sorry about that. I'll be leaving now." I shoved my hands in my pocket before I turned around and walked away. 

 

"Wait!" She grabbed my wrist preventing me from leaving as I met her eyes, raising my eyebrow as I smirked at her. "You never explained what that was all about. Correct me if I'm wrong, but before you attacked me on the bench earlier you said you were gonna explain," she responded with the same smirk. 

 

"You're right, but I changed my mind just now. It's not actually any of your business." I shrugged nonchalantly as I continued walking. 

 

"If you don't tell me now I'll charge you for assault." I snickered at her reply. 

 

"You wouldn't do that." I challenged mockingly as she pulled out her phone. 

 

"Try me then. A close friend of mine works in the Seoul police force. He's on speed dial, and I'm sure he'll pick up right away. You're still not talking?" She smiled triumphantly. 

 

"Stubborn ," I muttered under my breath. "I got better stuff to do than talk nonsense with a stranger. I don't see why you wanna know. You shouldn't be talking to strangers anyway, who knows what I might do to you?" I said in an attempt to scare her off, but she stood still on her spot, rolling her eyes. 

 

"I can take care of myself, now sit back down on the bench, start explaining and stop making such a big deal about something so little." She sat down on the bench again as she patted the seat next to hers. 

 

"Well, aren't you bossy. Those two men earlier work for some guy, I don't quite know who. The reason why they chased after me was because I meddled into their business when I saw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter