Drunk Confessions

Afraid to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong's P.O.V

 

I had noticed I've become happier after I accepted my feelings for Chae. I haven't confronted her about it and I don't have plans to any time soon either, but it's nice finally feeling relieved. I've even stopped flirting with girls at the clubs, I don't even spare them second glances. I haven't screwed anyone in a while, and I can't wait to tell her that when I win her back. Thinking of how she'd react plastered a smile on my face without me knowing until Seunghyun arched an eyebrow curiously. 

 

"What's up with the smile?" He came inside the room and took a seat on the bed opposite of mine. 

 

"Nothing." I smirked as he rolled his eyes. 

 

"Seriously, something good happened? Tell me, I can see it." He nudged me impatiently as I chuckled. 

 

"Well, I recently realized I'm in love with Chae. Yes, I lost the bet and I don't give a damn." I admitted as he frowned at me.

 

"Why the hell didn't you say that when her beloved best friend came over and slapped you across the face the other day?" he said as I scoffed. Really? Here I was telling him something which was pretty big to me and he couldn't help but kill the mood by bringing it up. Especially referring to her in such manner. 

 

"She has a name. Does it hurt saying her name, hyung? You don't want to be reminded about your time together? Do you actually feel something? Do you have a ing heart?" I gritted my teeth as I pushed his chest with my finger making him snicker. "You can at least be happy for me."

 

"Bom. There I said it. Bommie, my Bommie. Nope, I still don't feel a thing. Stop getting so worked up about it, we're over and she'll be over me pretty soon." He smirked and patted my back before leaving the room, only pissing me off some more. "But congrats bro, go get your girl." He showed me a faint genuine smile but said something else which surprised me and pissed me off. "You're out of the gang. Pack your stuff." 

 

"What the did you just say?" I yelled madly after following him to the living room. 

 

"You heard me. You're out," he replied nonchalantly as he turned around to face me. 

 

"You can't do that! Just because you are too stubborn and heartless to love doesn't mean I can't!" I lashed out and regretted when I saw him taken aback by my comment as I saw hurt flicker in his eyes, but still kept his composure acting unfazed. 

 

"It's not that. I can't have you in the gang if you love her because she wouldn't like it, and I can't have you hurt when you have someone to live for. I'm not letting you die because of my own stupid problems. Pack your stuff and live in my penthouse for now. Don't contact me." I felt guiltier for calling him heartless and accusing him off kicking me out because of falling for Chae. He only wanted the best for me yet my frown deepened when he spoke. Does he really think I'll leave him just like that? 

 

"No, no and no. I'm not bailing out on you. What the hell? Stop blaming yourself for what happened to Seungri, it's not your fault, hyung. Don't think I'm cutting you out of my life because I'm in love. You also have someone to live for, who loves you a lot and is willing to wait for you. Hyung, you can tell her to wait. Don't shut her out." We sat down as he ruffled his hair in frustration, seeming to put down the guard he had held up the entire week. 

 

"I can't leave this place. That's the difference between us. So take the chance and live peacefully and happily in love with your girl without all this bull interfering. I swear you won't miss it. I'll do fine, I'll take care of the other guys, but leave, Ji. I need you to, please." He looked small and broken even though he tried his best not to. I placed my hand on his back comfortingly feeling bad for treating him like I did earlier when he was clearly hurting too.

 

"Hyung, I'd be the worst best friend and brother if I ditched you in this state. Listen, if you can't leave at least tell her to wait for you. I know she'd be more than willing to. She loves you more than you know." I tried to convince him as he shrugged me off and rubbed his temples. 

 

"I don't have the ing right to make her wait when there is a big chance I might die every single time I go out for a deal. She deserves better. She deserves someone who is good and loves her as much as she loves him," he muttered as I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at the last part. 

 

"Are you saying you're not good? Just because we're gangsters it doesn't mean we're not good. You're not a bad guy. Remember, we kill bad guys. They're not entirely innocent people. And I know you love her, you care so much you really can't bare to hurt her, but I understand you. You don't have the right to make her wait. I'm asking for the last time now, do you want me to go and not contact you?" I was hoping and praying he'd let me stay. I didn't want to leave him, especially when I was here in the first place to help him. But I didn't want to burden him more either. If leaving and not contacting him is what he wants I'll leave immediately. 

 

"Yes, I do. If you want to help me in any way, leave and don't look back. I won't blame you for it, you don't have to regret anything. Thank you for your help for the past years. Despite being an towards you I love you and I will always consider you as my brother. I am grateful for everything you've done for me, but it's time you live for yourself. Best of luck with Chae. Take care, man." He offered me a hug which surprised me considering how he'd always tried his best to act cold and preserved. 

 

"This can't possibly be goodbye. At least let's meet again in the future." I felt my eyes becoming teary as he patted my back while he cleared his throat. I knew he was trying his best to not cry in front of me, but nothing had been going good in his life for a long time and when Bom came around his happiness was only short-lived before he yet again had to give her up too. Now, I, who had promised to always be there for him even when the other were forced to leave, was leaving too. 

 

"Yah, don't look back, okay? See you on the other side. Don't worry about me." He smirked while blinking away tears as he squeezed my shoulder and threw the penthouse's keys on the table before leaving the apartment. 

 

"." I slid down the wall resting my arm on my propped up knee and stared absentmindedly at the door. I wiped away a tear with my sleeve and raked a hand through my hair, sitting in silence for a while before standing up and deciding to pack. 

 

I traced my fingers along the picture of our group of friends laughing with our arms thrown around each others' shoulders resting on my night table. "Bigbang." I read out loud what was engraved on the bottom finding the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter