Her Mother

Dear Myungsoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mrs Jung walked down the quiet Yeojoo street. The road was empty, there were only several cars passing by.  Slowly, her tears fall. Her palm was on her chest as it hurts so much. She squat down and cried. She wiped all her tears from her cheeks and walked again. 

She passed by a street vendor. She went inside and sat at an empty seat. 

"1 bottle of soju please!" She called out for the seller. In a minute, the seller came and serve her, her order.

She poured the soju into her glass and drank it all in one shot. She sighed as a tear began rolling down her cheek.

FLASHBACK

"Junhye-ah, I can't come back to you... I have to reach my dream, you know right? How that's so important to me?" Mr Yoon Jiman said, he looked at his ex-wife in the eyes and put his hands on her shoulder.

"Can't you give up on that dream, for me?" Mrs Jung, or Jung Junhye, said as her voice began to break. Her tears began to flow. 

"I can't... I'm sorry..." Mr Yoon walked away from her and got inside his expensive car, or should I say, his rich wife's car. 

"Jiman-ah... Don't go..." Junhye fell on her knees. She wanted to cry but she just couldn't. Her heart ached so much, she just couldn't bear it anymore. 

END OF FLASHBACK

"Omma! Why-why are you like this??" Byul held her mother by her arm and brought her drunk omma to her room. 

Byul closed the door and wondered what happened. 

"Is it possible that...she met with...dad?" Byul began wondering. She had never met with her odad for years, 10 years, exactly. She only had little memories of him. She didn't know why exactly her parents divorced 10 years ago. She only knew that her horrible dad liked another woman. She didn't want to ask her mother anything about it, because she knew that the answer hurts.

Byul went to her room and slept instead. She didn’t want to care about her family problems at all. She closed her eyes and saw Myungsoo’s smile, his sincere yet quick smile, that he had given her the first time they met. Byul fell asleep thinking about him. She knew it’ll painful loving him, but she just didn’t care about any of that then.

____________________________________________________________________________________

“Jiman-sshi, where have you been?” Mrs Kim, or Kim Yeonsoo, asked. She pulled her husband’s jacket and put it on the bed.

“Well, I just went out to get fresh air…” Mr Yoon said. He didn’t say anything about meeting his ex-wife as he didn’t want to get Yeonsoo angry.

“You met with your ex-wife, didn’t you?” Yeonsoo said. There were flames in her dark eyes.

“No! Of course not!” Mr Yoon denied and hugged his wife.

Mr Yoon hated himself, for letting his family go, in order to reach his dreams of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter