The Missing One

Dear Myungsoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 28 - The Missing One

 

"Why isn't he answering?" Byul put her phone on her ear for the hundredth time. She sighed as Myungsoo was nowhere to be found. She had been wandering around the extravagant party for about 30 minutes and there was still no sign of him. She looked at her beautiful dress. It's useless...

She was about to walk out of the building, when she saw the man she was looking for. He was getting into the lift, with tears in his eyes. In an instant, she was darn worried. Did he fight with his mother? She thought as she frowned.

She was about to call him, but the door of the lift quickly closed just when she was about to run after him. She then noticed the floor he was getting off at. Basement 1.

She took off her pointy heels and quickly went to the emergency stairs. When she reached the floor, she looked for his car. She looked around in distress as she began calling him with her phone, but he didn't pick it up. Her disappointment grew but she really hoped that he was alright because when she saw him a minute ago, his eyes were red and there were tears, if she was not mistaken.

After looking around for another 10 minutes, she decided to see him at home instead.

 

.....

The sun shone, making Byul's eyes fluttered opened due to the penetrating sunshine. She immediately felt the cold air brushing on her bare arm. She remembered now, she didn't get herself a change of clothes before going to bed as she was too tired. She was again reminded of Myungsoo, the person she was searching for the night before. The korean winter air was indeed very bone-chilling. She washed herself first before going out of her room, as she didn't want Myungsoo to see the stinking side of hers.

She tip-toed while walking outside. Her brows furrowed when she realized that no one was home. She went to Myungsoo's room but there was no sign of him. His bed was even untouched. He wasn't home last night. He didn't come home. Where's he? Oh my God... Byul was worrying to death. She rushed to get her phone in her room. She pressed 1 and was directed to him.

'The person you are calling is currently....'

Byul tried to call again and again before giving up. She took her thick jacket and put on her boots, before running out of the apartment building.

"Hello? Woohyun-sshi?"

"Oh, hello Byul! What's going on?"

"Have you seen Myungsoo?"

"No, I haven't seen him... Why? What happened?"

"He...He didn't come home last night and I'm freaking out!"

"That's odd... I wonder if he had a fight with his mother... But that couldn't make him disappear right?"

"He cried... He cried... I-I saw him the last night, and he was definitely not okay."

"Okay... Calm down... I'll help you. I'm going to ask the Infinite guys to search for him..."

"Okay... Thank you!"

"You're welcome..."  

With that, Byul closed her phone and ran to the park, to search for Myungsoo. She was worried. What if he commits suicide? What if he runs away? What if he got into an accident? What if he's abducted? There were so many 'what ifs' and none of them had an answer.

Next, she went to Myungsoo's college and before that, she had taken a day off from her cafe. She looked around the college, from every lecture room to another, and she still couldn't find Myungsoo. She also asked some of his friends, but none of them knew. She was feeling a little desperate. Myungsoo didn't call, or picked up his phone, and worse, the last time she saw him, he was...sad...

Searching Myungsoo's large college made her tired, worn out. She wondered where Myungsoo was, if he had taken his meal, if he was safe, if he was okay...which he was not. 1 pm. Still no sign of him...

"Myungsoo-ya... where are you..." Byul muttered and sighed. She was sitting on arranged bricks near the gate of the college. The weather was chilly, and yet, Byul didn't care at all.

Minah... Byul finally decided to find Minah. She probably knew where Myungsoo went, since she was the last one being with him that night.

'I need to talk to you, unnie.
Meet me at Jongro cafe? 2 pm?
It's very important...
Thank you...'

 

 

.....

"What? Myungsoo's missing?!" Minah exclaimed. She hit the table with both of her hands because of the shock she had. Her brows furrowed and she frowned.

"Do you have any idea where he may be?" Byul asked, with those sadness in her eyes.

"I wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter