When The Queen Gets Angry

Dear Myungsoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 23: When The Queen Gets Angry

 

“Do you really have to do that, mother?” Myungsoo squinted his eyes towards his mother. They were in his mother’s office.

“Oh, don’t look at me like that, my son…” Mrs Kim got up from her comfy chair and sat on the couch in front of him.

“Your son? A mother wouldn’t do this without his son’s permission.” Myungsoo said bitterly. He began making his way out of the office.

“What are you angry about? I only requested that your engagement should be the main headline. And besides, your father agreed about this.” Mrs Kim said and drank her warm tea.

“Father…agreed to this?” Myungsoo instantly stopped his pace and turned back to his mother.

“Yes…he didn’t even hesitate. And, he knew about you not liking your fiancé, and that this was all for business.” Mrs Kim told Myungsoo.

“Did you give him…money?” Myungsoo asked and Mrs Kim smirked as a reply to his question. Myungsoo scoffed bitterly and went out of his mother’s office.

 

.....

 

“Dad, I thought you weren’t like that.” Myungsoo mumbled while driving his car, back to his condo. Yes, now he lived there, his mother had given him one, as a token of a motherly love. Yeah, right.

And then, he got an idea on how to cheer himself up. He went up to Byul’s the girl he had missed for the entire week of mess. Before reaching her house, he stopped by the florist, to buy a bouquet of yellow tulips. He smiled at it when the florist gave it to him. Oh, how he hoped that she’d love them.

 

Once he reached the area, he parked his car by the road side and began making his way up the stairs. This time, he didn’t feel tired or anything, instead, he felt really happy. He almost turned bubbly at that moment.

He rang the bell of the small house, but there was no answer. His brows furrowed and wondered where she was. He waited in front of her house for fifteen minutes, but there was still no sign of her. He decided to call her, but she didn’t pick it up. He worried about her, but he decided to sit down on the stairs instead and wait for her.

 

.....

 

“Ne, kamsahamnida! Please come again!” Byul smiled at the customer.

For a week, she had been working in a coffee shop, located in Cheongdamdong, which was a famous area. Well, she just got lucky, that’s all. She tried her best to please everyone, but herself. After reading the news about Myungsoo’s engagement, she felt that she really needed support and explanation, but there was no way she could. She hadn’t seen Myungsoo for a week now. Al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter