Are You Listening?

Dear Myungsoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seeing his own reflection in the mirror gives him goosebumps. He hated himself to the point that he wanted to rip himself off into pieces. He splashed water onto his face for the tenth time. His eyes showed fear and sadness. His tears were all dried up already. He didn't know what to do. He didn't even know who or what to hate, him or his mother or both. 

He had just sent her away with tears in her eyes. 

Once upon a time, he promised to never make her cry, but then, he failed. 

No matter how much he hated himself for doing it, sending her away was the only way to solve the current problem for the time being. 

 

'Myungsoo-ya, are you okay?' He could hear his father's voice from the door. He sighed as he came back to his senses. He pressed the door knob and got out of the bathroom with a towel around his neck. He couldn't even see his father in his eyes as he knew what he'd say. However, he felt his arm gripped by his father's. 

'Are you okay?' His father repeated his question. He was concerned as his son's eyes were all red and puffy. The last time he had seen him this way was before at the court during his divorce. He knew how hurt his Myungsoo was. He knew. He felt it. He saw it in his son's eyes. 

'Yes. I am.' And then he lied again. He was definitely not okay. 

 

'Why did you send her away?' 

'Because...I love her... I don't want to hurt her...'

'By letting her go, hurts her enough, Myungsoo-ya...'

'But, staying with me, will hurt her more...'

'Stay with her, because love will soothe the pain.'

'But...I'm the pain she will go through if she learns the truth.' 

 

 

 

.....

 

She walked across Dandong Street with those expressionless eyes. The wind that blows towards her didn't even bother her anymore. She couldn't even feel the chilling wind bl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter