The Truth Hurts

Dear Myungsoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 21 - The Truth Hurts

 

“Sungjong-ah, where are we?” Byul asked. They arrived in a hotel, a luxurious hotel. Byul was scared that Sungjong would do anything to her, but she was not that concerned. They got out of the car and went inside the hotel.

The hotel was beautiful. The lightings were just perfect for her, she loved how the chandeliers were hung in the middle of the lobby, with patterned railings, golden in colour.

“I’m sorry, Byul-ah, but we’re going to see your father.” Sungjong gave her a guilty expression.

“What?!” Byul almost shouted.

“Well, I don’t want to see him.”

“You need to see him. It’s time for you to re-bond with your dad. And, he was begging me to do this. He almost cried. Please?”

“You…” Byul calmed herself down.

“Come, let me get you there…” Sungjong held her hand and pulled her with him.

 

 

Byul sat in front of her dad. She couldn’t see him in the eyes. She didn’t know why, but she…just couldn’t.

“Byul-ah…” Mr Yoon called and Byul turned to see him to give him a respond.

“What do you want to eat?” He asked as he began turning the pages of the menu.

“I didn’t come here to eat. What do you want?”

“But, I’m inviting you to eat with me…”

“Well, if that’s the case, I’d better go…” Byul grabbed her bag and was about to get up from her seat, when Mr Yoon held her arm.

“I’m sorry, Byul-ah… I really didn’t mean to leave your mother.” Mr Yoon looked at Byul with those sad eyes. Byul sat again.

“I love her, Byul. I love your mom. But sometimes, life isn’t that easy.”

“Then, why did you leave her?”

“Because I’m stupid…I thought I loved my dream more than her, but, no, I loved your mother, more than anything in this world.”

“Why did you choose Mrs Kim?”

“Because, she loves me and she’s got everything I could dream for. She loves me, but I…can’t love her more than I love your mother…”

“Why did you leave me?”

“I was going to be back for you guys after I succeed, but by the time I did that, your mother died.”

“Then, why did you destroy someone else’s family? You know that it hurts so much for them.” Byul was referring to Myungsoo and Hyunsoo.

“I…was selfish. I didn’t think about them. And now, I’m trying to fix it by being a father to them.”

“You’re pathetic, dad.”

“Byul, I just want you to know that your mother was the one who asked me to leave her to reach my dream.”

“Are you now blaming my mother?”

“I’m not blaming her. I’m just telling the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter