A Tragic Christmas

Dear Myungsoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 27 - A Tragic Christmas

 

Christmas Day - is the day of Jesus Christ's birth. A day for people to celebrate. A day for families to gather in remembrance of the Lord. A day for even people who fights like cats and dogs to reconcile.

Well, for Byul, it's her birthday. Her both sad and happy day of the year. Sadness was all over her as she remembered that her late-mother was not there to celebrate it with her anymore. Her late-mother, who used to throw surprises, to bake a special birthday cake, to cook her favorite dishes - she was not there anymore. But Byul hoped that this year, Myungsoo would be able to accompany her.

"Yah, Myungsoo's not going to be with you?" Haerin asked through the phone. Byul was working in the cafe. The boss had refused to close the cafe up for Christmas celebration. So, yeah, Byul was forced to work on her birthday.

"Did he even wished you?" Haerin asked.

"Yeah... He did." Byul replied.

"How can a boyfriend not spend the day with his girlfriend, on his girlfriend's birthday?!"

"It's not his fault... H-His mother called him, you know, his mother likes to blackmail people... So yeah, he's got to attend this Christmas party this evening..."

"With that girl?"

"I...guess so..." Byul sighed.

"Yah! Yoon Hanbyul-sshi, what do you think you are doing? You're in your workplace not some to-chat place!" Suddenly the manager caught her in her phone and shouted. True enough, the manager was in a bad mood, probably because the owner of the shop didn't allow the employees to take a leave for the day.

"Yah, I'll call you later!" Byul immediately hung up on the call and continued to mop the floor.

The snow was falling and she was pouting. She sighed. Lonely Christmas... She thought and sighed again. She wondered what Myungsoo was doing. Suddenly she got an idea. Meet him at the party! After all my father is the VP of the company! Byul quickly returned back to work with full of energy. It was 4 pm.

"Mr. Manager, can I take a leave early? I have an emergency outside. You can cut it off from my pay..."

"Okay. I'll make sure you get a cut on your pay!" The manager said. But, deep inside, Byul knew that the manager won't cut it. He was just an angry bird outside but soft inside.

 

"Haerin-ah! I need your help!" Byul said through her phone as she ran out of the cafe to the bus stop.

 

.....

"Myungsoo-ya... Thank you for attending the party." Madam Kim said to her son, who had just come into the ballroom. The party had just started and the room was full of people. Politicians, CEOs, staffs, socialites, heirs, celebrities, etc could be seen inside the ballroom, chatting with another.

"It's not like I have a choice, is it?" Myungsoo replied coldly. Madam Kim smiled and glared at him. She turned to see the frightened Minah who was beside him and smiled.

"Hope you'll enjoy the party..." Madam Kim smiled and bowed her head a little before walking away.

 

"Are you really going to expose everything about us tonight?" Minah asked as she watched the Madam walked into the circle of people.

"Yes. I'm going to tell them the truth and I promise, I'll protect you..." Myungsoo gave an assurance smile to Minah.

 

.....

"How's this dress?" Byul asked Haerin. The friend gave a 'no-no' signal with her finger.

"Oh come on, this is the fifth dress..." Byul whined, however, Hearin was al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter