Goodnight

My Darabie

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."

Jae’s POV

It was certainly interesting just watching her cook kimchi stew. I noticed how her eyebrows softly knit together into a frown while she looks at me while I taste the kimchi stew, checking if it’s the right taste. It was so adorable when her eyes brighten up when I told her that she got the taste right. Other than that, I just observed her on my seat, my eyes stayed glued to her every move. I checked the clock on my kitchen and saw that only 30 minutes has passed. I returned my eyes on her and saw her attempting to carry the hot pot. I immediately went beside her and bumped her hips with mine to move her to the side.

‘Let me handle this’, I said as I got the pot holder and held the pan before carrying it to the table carefully.

‘Thank you, my prince’, she beamed softly as she followed me to the table.

‘You really won’t let go of “Prince”, princess? I thought you'll call me Jaejoong from now on?’, I asked as I look over my shoulder.

‘I-I’m sorry, I will try to restrain myself’, she replied dejectedly and I felt a pinch in my heart.

‘Hey, it’s ok. I really don’t mind but it’s just kind of embarrassing to be called “Prince”’, I softly said after putting the pot on the table. I tuck away some strand of hair out of her face as I smiled gently at her.

‘Really?’, she looked up brightly at me and I just nodded before sitting her down on one of the chair.

‘Now, let me eat’, I stated as I seated across from her. I held my spoon and scooped some soup before putting it on my salivating mouth. I moaned. It was delicious! I looked up at Dara and saw her with anticipation.

‘It’s very delicious, princess’, I complimented her and saw her brightened up.

‘I am glad it is to your liking, my prince’, she shyly responded. So adorable.

‘Why are you not eating?’, I asked as I looked at her untouched plate and utensils.

‘I… I don’t know....’, she softly replied as she looked away from me. I looked at the food in front of me and thought of how I can solve this.

‘Here, ahhh~’, I offered her a spoonful. She will eat, even if that means I will feed her. She will be a normal human again and I will make sure of that.

‘I- I don’t think—‘, she was about to protest but I won’t let her.

‘Ahhh~’, I persisted as I held the spoon in front of her. She looked at me doubtfully.

‘Come on, my arms cannot hold on for so long’, I complained playfully as I held the spoon closer to her. After a while, she hesitantly opened her lovely mouth and graciously ate the contents as I gazed at her every movement. She looks so damn beautiful.

‘It is delicious’, she softly said snapping me to reality. I looked at her and saw her grin. She looks so beautiful. Wait, didn’t I say that already?

‘It really is’, I responded as I took another spoonful to feed her again.

‘It is fine, my prince, I will feed my own’, she shyly declined before taking some food for her own.

‘Oh ok’, I said embarassed before looking at my spoon. I didn't even notice my own actions. Wait, won’t this be an indirect kiss? I wonder what her lips would taste like. Wait, woah! Get your mind out of the gutter Kim Jaejoong!

I shook my head before eating. I don’t know why but the food became a lot more delicious after that. It was so delicious that I found myself wolfing down all of it. At the end of the meal I noticed the shock expression of Dara.

‘What is it, princess?’, I asked after gulping some water.

‘It fascinate me how you can eat so much in such a short time. It is utterly amazing’, she said as she gazed at me with admiration. I laughed while she still look at me with so much fascination.

‘I couldn’t help it, it was so delicious that I couldn’t stop’, I said as I look at her plate that was still unfinished.

‘Come on, eat more, princess’, I told her and she just nodded before eating the rest of her food daintily. Once we were finished, we washed the dishes and cleaned the table. After that we went to the living room to watch T.V.

‘What would you like to watch, princess?’, I asked as we sat down on my couch.

‘Uhm would it be alright to watch “Heaven’s Postman”?’, she asked softly as she looked at me shyly.

‘You want to watch my movie?’, I asked dumbly and she nodded enthusiastically.

‘Yes! It’s one of my favourite ever since your maje- mother watched it! I always wanted to watch it again but I was a doll back then’, she replied and the last part sounded painful to hear.

‘Ok, then’, I smiled to cheer her up and thankfully she beamed delightfully again. We watched the movie and at the end I saw her getting sleepy.

‘Hey, we need to get you to bed now, princess’, I softly nudged her.

‘Hmm..?’, she hummed as she leaned on my shoulder.

‘You’re getting sleepy, princess, you need to go to bed’, I cooed as I brought her closer to me unconsciously. Out of the blue, she widened her eyes and jumped away from me.

‘What is it, princess?’, I asked in confusion.

‘I-I feel sleepy?’, she asked the obvious but I nodded anyway.

‘Dear goddess! I feel sleepy!’, she beamed making me more confuse.

‘Well I don’t think you are now’, I joked.

‘This is my first time to be able to feel tired, to be able to sleep’, she softly stated as she looked down on her lap with great longing. My heart broke at her vulnerability.

‘Well, you have to get used to it, princess’, I told her as I held her delicate hand.

‘You called me “princess”’, she stated and I chuckled. All along, she never noticed?

‘Well since you called me “prince”, I have the right to call you “princess”, princess’, I grinned at her.

‘Oh’, she responded.

‘Now, come on. It’s been a long day, you need to sleep’, I told her as I ushered her towards my room.

‘Uhm my prince, I think it’s inappropriate for me to sleep in your chamber’, she said as we stopped in front of my bed.

‘Well I can’t let you sleep on the couch and I don’t think my back can handle the couch either’, I explained. But it was only an excuse to make sure she was ok, so she won’t feel scared because I can feel it and even I, am afraid of tomorrow. What if she turned into a doll again? What if this was all a dream? It’s only been less than 12 hours since I met Dara officially, and strangely I feel extremely attached to her. Is this normal? Should I be worried?

‘Don’t worry, as you can see my bed can fit 10 people and there will be pillows to separate us’, I stated when I saw her doubtful face.

‘Oh, well I guess that would be fine then, my prince’, she reluctantly replied and I secretly smiled before moving the pillows in the middle of my queen bed.

‘There!’, I said as I looked at the lined pillows in the middle.

‘Come on?’, I said to her before moving to my side. After a few minutes, I saw her move to her side.

‘Goodnight, princess’, I said before turning off the lights.

‘Goodnight, prince’, she replied softly in the dark and I smiled before turning to her side of the bed. I don’t remember how I slept but it was certainly the best sleep I ever had in years.

 

*************************************************************************************************************************

Heya guys! Sorry I wasn't able to update more

last week! I was just so busy >.< anyways~

this is the update! Hope you likey~ kekeke

I'll update again in sat/sun~ See Ya~

-Love, Rako-chii