Closer

My Darabie

 "A man is put to use regarding a woman's physical safety, but a woman is put to use regarding a man's mental safety."

Jae’s POV

I look at Dara as she ate her breakfast. She kept looking anywhere but me and if ever our eyes meet she would immediately look away and blush. So adorable. So beautiful. She looked at me with wide eyes before blushing even more. Wait, did I say that out loud?

‘Y-yes… umm… Y-your food is getting cold, prince’, she told me without looking my way.

‘Oh’, I dumbly replied before looking down at my untouched meal before grinning like a goof.

‘Sorry I was too busy looking at you’, I know it sounded mushy but I wanted to see her looking at me and wearing that adorable blush I came to love. My grin got wider when I got the reaction I wanted. She stared at me, shocked and slowly she started getting redder.

‘P-prince… I-I… umm... that...’, she started stuttering as she tries to avoid my unwavering gaze. I smiled tenderly at how flustered she was.

‘Come on, the food is getting cold, princess’, I told her with a teasing smile.

‘Umm… y-yes’, she replied meekly, still blushing and I just wanted to pinch her cheeks.

We started eating again but my eyes was still on her and I noticed how she tried to ignore my gaze, which was cute. Ghadh how many times did I say “cute”, “adorable” and “beautiful”? I should really search more vocabulary but then again I can’t really describe how amazing and ethereal the woman in front of me is. How did I get this mushy?

‘P-prince, it is rude to stare’, she mumbled shyly and I just raised my eyebrows.

‘I guess being rude became a habit when it comes to you, princess’, I stated nonchalantly but in my mind I was pumping my fist up as I was rewarded with an adorable giggle.

‘It feels like something changed about you, my prince’, she observed while tilting her head as she smiled sweetly at me. So cute.

‘It’s probably because of you’, I boldly stated. I don’t know where I get the courage to be this forward but ever since this morning I gave up restraining my attraction to this goddess. Just looking at her getting more conscious about my presence makes me want to invade her space. I want her to see that I am a man. I want her to feel attracted to me because she never showed any signs that she does. I noticed that ever since she started living with me. No matter how close I get she never reacted. And it bothers me. So this time, now that she caught me holding her this morning, I will try to get closer until all she see, hear, think and feel is me.

‘P-prince!’, she said, flustered and unable to say anything back. I grinned before continuing my meal. Ah, I’m starting to fall for this adorable princess and for once in my life, I’m letting myself fall. And honestly, I’m ok with that.

We finished our breakfast with me teasing her endlessly and she either gets surprise or embarrassed. We washed our dishes together and cleaned the table. And yes I was still teasing her.

‘I beg you, prince. Stop teasing me!’, she said as she walked away from me while covering her scarlet face. I jogged next to her and pulled her hands away from her face.

‘Nah’, I replied with a grin before kissing her nose. She froze and stared at me with surprise.

‘Come on, get change so we can go to Han River! I promised you I’d bring you there, right?’, I stated before she can say anything. Without waiting for her reply I pushed her inside the room. I chose her clothes before pushing her towards the toilet.

‘I’ll be outside so call me when you’re ready’, I told her as she still looked at me dazedly. I smiled at her before shutting the door gently. I whistled my way towards my closet as I start to pick the clothes I will wear.

After 15 minutes I saw her head peek out the door.

‘I’m ready’, she meekly said before pushing the door open, revealing the clothes I picked for her. My grin widens as I took in her appearance. Her casual look didn’t even cover an ounce of her beauty. She still looked elegantly beautiful.

‘Come on?’, I said as I offer her my arm which she took hesitantly. I smiled before leading her out.

We drove towards Han River and arrived exactly during lunch. I invited her to a nearby stall and got ourselves some hotdogs before sitting down a bench. The place seemed to be isolated except from some kids running around. I look towards Dara who scrutinized the hotdog as if it’s the strangest thing she has ever seen.

‘Is something wrong, princess?’, I asked her.

‘Ummm… may I ask what this strange thing is? Is this food?’, she asked while tilting her head slightly as her brows knit together in confusion. I chuckled at her adorable expression. I forgot that she’s practically new in everything.

‘Yes, Dara, it is food though it’s not considered strange’, I chuckled as I tuck some hair out of her face.

‘What is this “food” then, prince?’, she asked as she sniffed it and I laughed.

‘That is called a hot dog. It’s made of pork and I assure you it’s delicious’, I told her while wiping off my tears from too much laughing. She looked at me with doubt before taking an attentive bite.

‘How is it?’, I asked as I took a bite as well. I watched in amusement as I saw her eyes widen as she chewed it slowly. She look at me and then back at her hotdog.

‘It’s truly delicious!’, she replied before taking another bite. I smiled tenderly at her before moving closer to her in the most subtle way. Fortunately, she didn’t notice as her attention was focused on her food. We ate silently while grinning at each other from time to time.

‘Thank you, prince. It is one of the most delicious things I have ever tasted!’, she beamed at me and I smiled back at her. I noticed that some ketchup was on the side of her lips so without thinking about it, I wiped it with my thumb before it off.

‘No problem. There’s more—‘, I stopped when I saw her looking at me in surprise. It dawned me what I just did and instead of feeling embarrassed, like she was, I grinned at her before winking playfully.

‘Come on, I’m going to introduce to you what “ice cream” is, as well’, I grinned as I stand up and pulled her with me. I grabbed her hand as I drag her towards the ice cream shop. I looked back at her and my grin got wider when I saw her look at me as if she was in a daze. And in that moment, I knew that I would do everything to protect her from those people looking for her and that no matter what, I’ll undo the curse that was cast upon her. I’ll make sure of it.

 

***************************************************************************************************************************

Heya guys~ I'm back from italy~ :)

Ghadh its been almost 2 weeks since

Jae's enlistment....still missing him...

Ughhh stop with this depression!! >.<

I need all the motivation I can get

so that during his absence I can still 

provide you guys some joy through Jaedara's

fanfic :) so fighting guys! we can do this! :D

-Love, Rako-chii~