Black Feather

My Darabie

"Fear cripples faster than any implement of war."

Devil’s POV

I close the door behind me, locking it firmly. I look up to her face and smirked as I saw her trembling form. I casually stepped closer to her as I tuck my hands on my pockets.

‘Y-you… Aren’t you one of the prince’s friends?’, she stuttered as she steps back away from me.

‘Ah… so it’s true. Prince Jae’s cousin, am I right?’, I chuckled lowly at the ridiculous excuse he made to cover her identity.

‘I-I’m sorry but Prince Jae is not here y-yet..’, she mumbled meekly as she continued to step back. I smiled when her back finally met the wall.

‘Actually, I’m not here for Prince Jae. I’m here for you, little Angel’, I grinned as I saw her expression turned into panic and fear. It feels nostalgic seeing her again.

‘W-what do you need?’, she glared fiercely at me but her voice was filled with fear and anxiety.

‘Ah that’s an easy question little one…You’, I whispered as I lean close to her. I saw her turn away from me causing her neck to be completely bare to me. I took my chance and inhaled her scent. I smiled in satisfaction as the familiar scent engulf me.

‘G-get away from me!’, she exclaimed as she push my chest. I smiled before stepping back.

‘Y-you…who are you, really?’, she said as she hug herself protectively.

‘Ah you break my heart, little one. I can’t believe you don’t remember me’, I said dramatically.

‘W-who are you!’, she hissed softly. Ah my little spitfire.

‘My little angel, I can’t believe you forgot the very devil that turned you into a doll’, I casually told her as I tuck some of her hair. I slowly smiled when I saw her gasp in realisation.

‘Y-you were the one who helped the doll maker!!’, she exclaimed as she stepped away from me as if she has been burned by my touch.

‘Ah so you do remember’, I said with a smirk.

‘W-why..’, her lips trembled as she looked at me with fear.

‘Why I am here?’, I finished her question.

‘The thing is, little one, I have been looking for you ever since that doll maker broke our deal’, I said as I walk inside the living room. I grit my teeth when I remembered that traitor.

‘1000 years passed and I met Prince Jae. I couldn’t believe my luck when I discovered that all along you were here’, I told her as I sat down the couch.

‘Were you the one who turned me back?’, she asked meekly as she approach me hesitantly.

‘Ah that. That was because somebody lifted up one of your curses unconsciously’, I told her as I looked at her cautious form.

‘O-one of my curses?’, she asked, curiosity written all over her face.

‘Yes. You have three curses casted upon you, little one’, I told her and I saw her eyes widened in shock again.

‘I can tell you the whole story but that will take the whole day and we really should get going’, I told her coldly as I look at my watch.

‘W-we?’, she asked as she steps back from me. I sighed.

‘Yes, we’, I told her as I grab her wrist.

‘N-no let me go!’, she protested as much as she could but really, it was no use. I went towards the door but stopped when my sensitive ears heard the footsteps coming near. I sighed once again.

‘You owe me big time, little angel’, I hissed as I let go of her wrist and instead I grab her waist to pull her closer to me.

‘Hold on tight, little angel’, I whispered to her ear before snapping my fingers with my free hand and a black hole was created. I bent and grunted as I felt my back crackle as I let my wings grow. I enveloped both of us with it before jumping into the black hole. I heard her scream as blackness took over us. I held her tighter as I concentrate hard to ignore the excruiating pain around my body. A minute later we found ourselves in a familiar place. My place.

‘Ok. Safe’, I exhaled as I grip her close to me as I try to find my balance.

‘A-are you ok, Mr. Devil?’, I heard her ask and I chuckled weakly at her naivety. She's still the same after all these years.

‘You never changed…’, I whispered before darkness consumed me and I found myself falling against her.

 

Back to Jae’s place

Men in black suits surrounded Jae’s door before it was opened by a key. The men parted as a man in a refined suit stepped in the door and looked at the place meticulously as if he was looking for something. Underneath his sunglasses, his eyes twitched when he didn’t find what he was looking for.

‘Sir, she was here for sure!’, one man told him anxiously, fear creeping inside him slowly.

‘She was. Not anymore!’, he hissed harshly before grabbing the man's neck and crushing it like a piece of can. The men at the back gulped as they witness the death of their colleague. After crushing his neck he threw him against his men.

‘Dispose him along with the evidence that we were here, understood?!’, he demanded fiercely before the men scrambled away leaving him alone. He noticed a black feather and a picture on the coffee table in the living room. He took the picture and looked longingly at it.

‘Sweetheart, I’m sorry I was too late. Don’t worry I have something that the devil need. We’ll meet soon, I’ll make sure of that’, he smiled before leaving closing the door behind him.

 

Jae’s POV

I couldn’t concentrate during the recording as I remember the unusual reply of Dara. She seemed distant and cold, or was it just me overthinking things? When we finished I immediately raced to my car and drove towards my place, towards my princess.

I’m so excited. The weather said that the tide is calm this afternoon which means today is the perfect day to go fishing.

‘I should buy some dessert..’, I thought as I looked at the bakery shop along the road. I looked at the time and saw that I still have time so I parked my car and bought some pastries for Dara to try.

‘I bet she’ll love this’, I smiled to myself as I went back to my car with a bag full of various pastries. I quickly drove back to my place and as I parked I noticed a familiar guy step inside a sleek car.

‘I wonder why he’s here’, I mumbled to myself as I look at the car driving away. I shrugged before going up to my floor. I whistle with excitement as I reached my floor. I opened the door with a grin.

‘I’m home, my princess!’, I shouted as I step inside. I waited for her little footstep but I heard none. I frowned before going inside the living room. I looked over the kitchen and saw the packed lunch she made. I grinned before sneaking inside our room but she wasn’t there as well.

‘Princess?’, I asked as I knock against the bathroom door. I frowned again as I was greeted by silence. Anxiety and fear creeped throughout my body. I opened the bathroom door finding it unlocked and no Dara can be seen.

‘Dara?!’, I shouted again as I went outside the room and searched for her but she was nowhere to be found. Panic surged inside me and it became hard to breathe. Where the hell is she?!  

I called my parents and sister but they have no clue where she is. When I told them that she was missing, they immediately came running to my place.

‘Where do you think she is?’, my mother asked my father who was pacing with me.

‘I don’t know’, my father asked helplessly.

‘Have you checked the CCTV?’, my sister asked as she sat beside Hyunah.

‘I couldn’t. The manager said the CCTV was currently broken’, I said through my teeth. It has to be broken today!

‘Uncle Jae, do you have a bird?’, Hyunah suddenly asked.

‘No, baby girl’, I replied distractedly as I continue to pace.

‘But what is this?’, she asked and I look towards her. She was holding a black feather. Where did that came from?

‘Where did you get that?’, my father asked. All of the attention was now focused on her.

‘On the table’, she replied. I look at the closed windows before looking down at the table where there was supposed to be a picture of Dara but it wasn’t there anymore.

‘J-Jae, son… I think she was taken by somebody’, my father said with trembling hands as he held the feather in front of him. Hearing him say that, I felt my world shatter in a matter of seconds. This can't be happening!

 

****************************************************************************************************************

Ohh my baby Jae, I'm sorry >.<

Anyways guys this is the long update I promised

Well its not that long but its enough kekeke

Two mysterious characters are introduced

let's guess who they are, guys :D

I have hints given out already~~

kekeke adios lovelies~

-Love, Rako-chii~