Ambiguous

My Darabie

"It is darkness intertwined with light, good with evil."

Tabi’s POV

I crouched in front of her and saw a glimmer of fear in her eyes. Her eyes. It’s still beautiful and full of life. 

 

‘Tabi, where are you?’, she whispered as she looks around the woods near the river.

‘You know, I set you free but for some reason you always come and visit me. Seriously, are you looking for trouble, little girl?’, I replied while I observe her as she looks for me. Finally, she looked up with her bright smile.

‘Oh there you are!’, she beamed at me as she went closer to the tree I’m on.

‘And please refrain from calling me stupid names!’, I grunted as I relaxed myself on the tree branch.

‘But you won’t tell me your name!’, she complained softly as she sat against the tree. I look down at her and saw her looking sadly at me. I sighed.

‘I don’t want to tell you because I don’t have one. Besides, you should stop coming here, little one. Our kind don’t hang out with each other, you should know that’, I coldly told her, ignoring her sad eyes that I hate.

‘There was no rule that I can’t talk to you. Besides, I like talking to you, Tabi’, she smiled softly.

 

‘T-Tabi? I didn’t give that to you…’, she said with confusion written on her face, her fear suddenly vanished. I chuckled at her unpredictable expressions. I still can’t get used to it.

 

‘Why are you here, again?’, I said as I jumped on the ground with a soft thud.

‘I have these questions for you’, she beamed at me while standing up with matching grace.

‘You always have questions, little one’, I laughed with sarcasm.

‘How long have you been here in this world?’, she ignored my attitude, instead she stood beside me with a ridiculous smile on her face.

‘Older than your little 20 years of life. Much, much older’, I grinned darkly at her.

‘Really?!That’s quite amazing, Tabi!’, she said with excitement and I was flabbergasted at her reaction. Seriously, what is she?

‘Really, little one. Stop calling me Tabi. I have no name. Stop being familiar with me. Now, off you go ’, I told her harshly before walking inside my cave. Well, that should warn her.

‘I want to give you a name. I want you to be my friend, Tabi’, she said softly against the wind before leaving.

 

‘You did, you just can’t remember’, I told her and a familiar emotion suddenly blinded my eyes but I turned around immediately and blinked it away before she sees it.

 

‘Tabi! It’s my birthday today, where’s my gift?’, she said as she sat beside me underneath the tree.

‘I don’t have one’, I replied nonchalantly while my eyes are closed as I lean back against the tree.

‘Your cold as usual but that’s fine because today I met the prince’, she said with a blushing smile. I tensed suddenly as I felt a new emotion surrounding her.

‘Oh. Were you charmed by the young prince?’, I smirked but inside, I felt confused at her change. It’s strange.

‘N-no! Having feelings for the prince is impossible. Older sister told me that the young prince has already picked his future spouse’, she denied yet I can sense her attraction for the young prince. It’s irritating.

 

‘Does prince Jae know about your true identity?’, she asked softly behind me. Ah, things will never change I guess, always about the ‘prince’.

‘Tsk. He was easy to fool and besides I can’t use my powers so he will never know about it’, I chuckled as I look for a shirt to wear.

‘Why did you take me?’, she asked.

‘Well, I need to take revenge from one of your obsessed fan, little one. He has something that doesn’t belong to him’, I replied as I wore the plain grey shirt before turning around.

‘How much do you know about my curse?’, she now asked softly yet her glare was something else. Just like a cat. I like cats.

‘Oh that. Do you want some coffee first, little one?’, I asked with a bored tone while moving to my kitchen. I look behind my shoulder and saw her cautiously following me.

‘I prefer hot chocolate, please’, she said hesitantly. Ah sweet tooth as always.

‘Well lucky you, a fan gave me some’, I said while making her drink. I look back and saw her sitting quietly on my leather couch, just looking around.

‘Here, so where do I start?’, I asked as I sat down on a chair in front of her while I take out a cigarette.

‘What are my curses?’, she asked immediately as she hesitantly sips her drink. She scrunched up her face when I light it up but I just merely shrugged before putting the stick in between my lips and inhaling it.

‘There are three curse, little one’, I simply told her as I exhale, the smoke smoothly goes out of my body, ’The first one is turning you into a doll, something or someone has triggered the curse. So it was surprising that you went back to your human form after 1000 years’, I continued while I saw her sip her drink with much gusto.

‘The second curse was stopping your heart from beating and I’m the only one who can undo it’, I said inhaling again and I saw her sat tensely after hearing it.

‘How?’, she asked softly, slowly getting weary and more curious. I watched the smoke floats in the air before turning to her.

‘That’s for me to know and for you to find out, little one’, I winked at her.

‘B-but—‘, she started protesting but I held up my hand.

‘I said that I will tell you about your curse. Not help you. So do you still want me to continue or what? It’s your choice, little one’, I asked her while smirking.

‘I…I’m sorry, please continue’, she replied dejectedly.

‘Good. So, the last one is casted by me however I don’t know how to undo it’, I darkly said, remembering that day.

‘How so?’, she asked and I just laugh darkly.

‘Your obsessed fan had a little helping from someone… I particularly don’t like’, I told her with distaste as I sip from my cigarette slowly.

‘Obsessed fan? Is it the doll maker?’, she guessed and I nodded.

‘Yes, little one. He’s a little obsessed with your pretty face and so he made a deal with me. I did my job as a devil and helped him’, I explained.

‘What happened?’, she asked as she finished her hot chocolate.

‘Oh that bastard broke our deal while I was casting the last spell so I don’t have a clue how to undo it. I fled before the spell finished’, I said gritting my teeth.

 

‘Why are you doing this Tabi?’, she asked as tears flooded her beautiful face. I bit my cheeks and clenched my jaw.

‘You should not waste any tears for him sweetheart. Did you forget? He’s only a cold-hearted devil’, the bastard replied in my stead. I fisted my hands into a ball as I avoid her pleas.

‘Yes, I’m a devil. I have no heart. I do anything to be fed by the likes of him. I’m just a cold-hearted devil and I do not care about her’, I told myself as I look at her dead in the eyes with indifference but once I saw her anguish I felt something crush inside me and an emotion flashed into my eyes before blinking it away immediately.

‘Come on, my friend. Let’s start this’, the bastard said as he pat me in the back but I glared at him before shrugging his hands away from me.

‘Do not touch me. I am not your friend, understand?’, I whispered at him furiously and smirked when I saw him flinch.

 

‘Why did you flee?’, she asked and I looked at her eyes. The same one that stared at me with full of anguish and betrayal that day.

‘I'd die if I didn’t’, I simply said as I crushed the cigarette into the ashtray.

 

I saw her lying there. A doll. A small lifeless doll. But I’m just a devil. Devils do not save anyone. They're the villains and it will always be that way.

‘I will do the last spell’, I informed him without looking at him. I swallowed the lump forming in my throat as I look at her. I closed my eyes and changed to my form. Then I started chanting the spell. I didn’t notice the movement around me as I concentrated on doing the spell.

Suddenly, I felt an immense pain throughout my head. I clutched my horns but only felt one of them. I opened my eyes and saw the bastard toying with one of my horn while laughing at me. Beside him was the person I despise the most. I started to get drowsy so I put all my energy on teleporting away from here but before I could grab her, the bastard snatched her away from me. I couldn’t go back after that as my powers drained from my body which left me falling from a deep slumber for many many years. 

 

‘Are you ok?’, I heard her say softly with concern which snapped me from that memory.

‘Yes, little one’, I grinned at her.

‘How will you get back the thing that he stole from you?’, she inquired while looking at the ashtray with a small frown.

‘That’s easy. I just need you’, I smirked at her.

‘Me? How?’, she asked, confused when she looked up at me.

‘Because the only thing he wants is YOU’, I replied.

 

******************************************************************************************************************************************

The italics are the memories of Tabi with Dara.

As you can see Tabi is ambiguous....

is he a villain or an ally?

I guess Tabi will play a big role for us as 

he reveals the secrets of Dara's curse and memories

Anyways guys, tell me what u think 'bout his character?

-Love, Rako-chii~