Welcome Dara

My Darabie

"He who is not contented with what he has, would not be contented with what he would like to have."

Jae’s POV

My parents completely froze on their spot, wide eyes and mouths hanging open. It was quite funny actually.

‘You..Oh my God! You’re Darabie! The Darabie!’, my mother stated, flabbergasted while holding Darabie’s hand.

‘Yes, your majesty’, she replied while bowing slightly to my mother.

‘Dear Lord! What.. how did this happen?’, my father asked as he moved closer to my mother and Darabie.

‘I apologize my majesty but I’m afraid I do not know the answer myself’, Darabie replied, truly sorry for not being able to answer his question. Seriously, what is up with her? Why is she calling my parents “your majesty”? I mean we’re not even living in a palace!

‘This is impossible, the scripts never mentioned that you can transform into a human form!’, my father stated to himself but we all heard it.

‘What do you mean father?’, I asked as I sit beside Hyuna who was sitting beside Darabie.

‘Our ancestors actually have manuscripts that tells us about Darabie. Your grandfather also wrote some as well but after that we stopped and buried it somewhere so nobody will try to find her’, my father stated as he taken a seat in front of us.

‘Wait, someone is trying to find her?’, I asked and somewhere, deep inside me, I felt fear. Not for me but for Darabie.

‘Yes, in some manuscripts our ancestors encountered people who knows about her and what she can give’, my father stated with a serious expression I never seen before.

‘Your majesty, I think I know who they are’, Darabie suddenly stated.

‘How?’, my mother asked.

‘Yes, how? You were a doll and has been for almost 600 years’, my father stated as he looked expectantly at Darabie.

‘You are mistaken, I was a doll 1000 years ago. The first king of Joseon dynasty, King Taejo Yi Seong-gye, found me or more likely bought me from a famous merchant’s wife 600 years ago’, she stated calmly as she the hair of Hyunah who was now lying on her lap while her little feet rested on my thigh.

‘W-what?!’, my parents and I blurted out. Dear God! She’s 1000 years older than me!

‘How did you know that?’, I asked incredulously.

‘Actually, dear, can you tell us the start of these all?’, my mother urged.

‘Of course, your majesty’, she replied with a soft smile. I looked at her and eagerly waited for her story, actually we all were.

‘1000 years ago I woke up with no senses around my body except for my sight and hearing. I found everything unusually big and for a few days I became hysterical as not only I was vulnerable in my state, I also couldn’t remember anything from my past life nor did I know what I was. Then, I met him. From what I heard he was a doll maker and I seemed to know him in my past life as he kept reminiscing about them as he look at me. I also found about my identity through him. He said that I was a princess in a small village famous for their hospitality and great medicines. He also said that I have 3 other siblings and kind parents. But even he never informed me about my name. He will always call me with some endearments that I found, somehow, unnerving’, she stated with an adorable frown and I found myself rubbing her arm as I move closer to her. I ignored the glint of my parent’s eyes and just comforted her.

‘Then one day, a suspicious girl came in and cried once she saw me. She called me “princess” as well. She introduced herself as Jea, a faithful friend of mine. She informed me about what happened to me. She stated that I went missing after my fiancé was shot with an arrow but then one night she found me inside an isolated house with my fiance’s brother. She said that she witness it all happen. She witnessed how the man cursed me into a doll with the help of a devil. She never told me what the curse was and how the man got a devil to help him as she already ran away in fear for her life’, she continued and her frown got deeper and so are mine. I moved closer and continued to rub her arms.

‘But she came back and told me that she will undo the curse. Then she quickly went out. For a few days I waited for her and when the doll maker finally left she came back again. She told me that she knows someone who can help me but before she can tell who it was the man caught her and dragged her out. I waited for her but she never came back, even the man didn’t visit me anymore. I stayed there for months, isolated and covered in dust. The worst thing was I had to spend it alone, not sleeping and not eating, though I was never hungry nor tired. For those months, I just wanted to die’, she choked and I noticed that Hyunah was already asleep. My hand around her tightened when I heard her mention her fiancé and my frown got deeper that it was already giving me a headache.

‘Then someone who looked like the doll maker found me. He looked like a relative of his. He cleaned me and brought me to his grand home. He was a chief from a poor village but unlike other ignorant chiefs, he was kind and generous. He took care of me and always talked to me. He treasured me. One day a famine spread to his village and he talked to me and out of desperation he started praying to me, pleading to help him in some way. And a miracle happened after that day, the famine was gone. The man believed it was because of me. A month passed and the man was in a crisis as he was in need of money for his village because the lack of food. He prayed again and then the next week he found stack of golds while helping the farmers. The village became wealthy in an instant and that’s why I believed that somehow, I had a power to grant people’s wishes’, she explained with so much fascination and my parents nodded in understanding. They’re taking this so well.

‘However, I also noticed that when I grant people, with an ulterior motive, their wishes it will backfire at them. I noticed that when the kind and generous man I met became greedy and so does everyone in his family. They try to kill each other just so they can possess me. One night, I was stolen by one of his son. He was full of greed and malice. Fortunately, while he was escaping he didn’t notice that he accidentally dropped me. For weeks I lay on the ground hoping that someone will find me’, she said and it made me wonder how she’s able to remember all of these, I can’t even remember what I ate for breakfast!

‘Then finally, somebody found me. He was a merchant. Lively, friendly and kind. He treasured me as well but even though he received so many fortunes he never became greedy. He was the same man that I met even though he was now a famous merchant. He never wished for too much, just his family’s well-being. But he didn’t know that his wife used me behind his back. She knew that I was the one who gave them their prosperity and she took advantage of this knowledge. For years, she kept wishing for several things; beauty, money and fame. Unfortunately, the merchant never knew about it even until death. The merchant’s wife continued his business as well as her constant requests. One day her only son caught an incurable illness and strangely she blamed it all on me. She did not hesitate when she sold me to the King but I was thankful as I was handed into kind hands. I never saw her or her son ever since then’, she ended with a sigh before looking up to me shyly.

‘Do you know who your fiancé was?’, was my first question after all that.

‘My prince, I’m afraid I don’t have any memories of him nor anyone before I was cursed...’, she said as she shook her head disappointedly.

‘So you’ve been witnessing all of those without even a blink?’, my father prodded.

‘Yes, your majesty’, she replied.

‘Oh! It must be so lonely and horrible!’, my mother gushed as she looked at Darabie with sympathy.

‘It truly was, your majesty’, she responded with a sad smile.

‘So you have no identity except that you used to have 3 siblings and that you were a princess’, my father stated.

‘Yes, your majesty’, she nodded gently.

‘Then we shall give you one’, my father suggested and my mother agreed enthusiastically.

‘Your majesty! I don’t think I am worth—‘, she started to protest but I saw the hope in her beautiful eyes.

‘Dara’, I blurted out and all of them looked at me, stunned. I look away as I can feel my face already burning from embarrassment.

‘Dara will be your new name since we all call you Darabie but now that you are in human form that will now be your name’, I explained before looking at her. I saw her face laced with happiness which made me smile.

‘Yes your name will now be Dara Kim’, my mother gushed. I can literally see excitement in her eyes.

‘Welcome to our family’, my father said which made me feel a bit weird. It feels like I just got married. What the hell?

 

*************************************************************************************************************************

Sorry the update is late, I was busy doing my H.W. >.<

and I was in a bad mood ever since I saw the news

about Jae's enlistment....I'm not ready!! >.<

It's too soon!! TT_TT

-Rako-chii~