Long Night

My Darabie

"Big sisters are the crab grass in the lawn of life."

Jae’s POV

I’m not liking how my mother seemed to be too excited while she keeps gushing at Dara. And I also don’t like how my father has this suspicious glint in his eyes while he gazes at Dara and I. What was wrong with them?

‘Dara Kim. It sounds just right’, my father stated as he nodded at Dara faintly which made the latter blush softly as she bowed softly at my father.

‘Yes, it really does! It feels like we have another daughter!’, my mother exclaimed dramatically and I rolled my eyes.

‘Your majesty, I don’t think—‘, Dara started but was cut off.

‘Dear please stop calling us ‘Your majesty’, even though I feel flattered I don’t think were still entitled with that status. So, call me mother instead!’, my mother stated with a bright smile.

‘And you can call me father’, my father seconded with a grin.

‘But your majesty—‘, Dara started to protest.

‘Mother. That will be the only name you will call me from now on, understood?’, my mother stated sternly.

‘Ah, yes your ma—yes mother’, Dara obeyed while looking down.

‘Ok that sounds better!’, my mother beamed. How she changed the mood quickly, scared me.

DING! DONG!

We were all startled at the sound of my doorbell. I carefully untangled myself from Dara and adjust Hyunah before going towards the door. When I opened it I was welcomed by my sister.

‘Hey Joong! I saw mother and father’s car in the parking lot so I assume they are here?’, she asked as we walk towards the living room.

‘Yep and it’s not only them’, I stated and she look at me with a questioning look but I shoved her inside the room instead.

‘Oh hi, darling!’, my parents greeted her.

‘Hi, mother! Hi, father! What are you—‘, my sister was about to go towards them when she noticed the stranger Hyunah’s hair.

‘Have I seen you before?’, my sister asked as she stared at Dara.

‘You certainly have, princess Sooyoung’, Dara replied politely with a soft smile.

‘Did she just call me a princess?’, she asked us incredulously.

‘Yes noona, she just called you a princess’, I stated as I rolled my eyes before returning to my previous position, beside Dara with Hyunah lying on our thighs.

‘Wait is she your girlfriend? I thought you just broke up with your recent one?’, my sister asked and my eyes widened. How can she just blurt that out in front of my parents and Dara?

‘No she’s not my girlfriend and the one I just broke up with is hardly my girlfriend’, I exclaimed with an eye roll.

‘Oh then who is she?’, my sister asked impatiently.

‘She’s Darabie, dear’, my father answered her question.

‘But her name is Dara now. Dara Kim’, my mother beamed at her.

‘Ok so she’s Darabie…. Wait! She’s Darabie? The doll?’, my sister asked, flabbergasted.

‘This will be a long night’, I sighed as I stared at the sun setting down while unconsciously rubbing Dara’s arm.

 

***************************************************************************************************************************************************

Just a short update for now :)

I'll try to post later again 

kekkeke see ya~

-Love, Rako-chii