Start

My Darabie

"It is always the start that requires the greatest effort."

Jae’s POV

I took in my surroundings and was satisfied with it. I looked at the clock and saw how late it was already. I didn’t even notice that it was 11pm. It took me the whole day to clean and unpacked all my belongings. I yawned tiredly as I went towards my living room and sat at my lovely couch. A new home without my saesang fans spying on me. Thank ghadh I decided to move out of that apartment. I had little privacy there when I lived there. I sighed tiredly and lied down. I decided to call my close friends to celebrate. When I finally finished talking to them I just watched T.V.

For some reason I couldn’t focus on the programme as I stared at Darabie, the so-called magical doll. My parents told me before that it was a special doll that brings out fortunes and luck but I never really believed them. They also told me that this doll was passed many hundred years ago and was originally owned by the King. I thought that it was ridiculous. I mean it’s just an ancient doll. Sure, it’s delicately beautiful but it’s only a doll. And the weird thing about my family was that the doll must be given to the youngest child and unfortunately I’m that child. Ever since I was young my mother and grandmother will always tell me stuff about the doll though I barely listened to them.

I turned off the T.V. and went towards the doll. I picked it up lightly as my mother always warned me to handle it with care. The size of the doll was the same size of any Barbie dolls. I studied it and saw how delicate it really was. I was mesmerised how the doll looked somewhat human-looking. Like a human shrink into a doll’s size. I applaud the doll maker for his or her impressive skills.

DING DONG!

I guess the guys are here, I hope they brought beer and pizza. I put Darabie beside the T.V. and went towards the door to welcome my friends.

‘Thanks for coming guys!’, I exclaimed when I opened the door only to be welcomed by Junsu, Yoochun, Yunho, Changmin, Top, Joongki, and Heechul.

 

Somebody’s POV

He welcomed them in before leading them to the living room. They all settled on his couch as they put the beers down the table along with the chicken and pizza they bought.

‘Wow nice crib! Oh by the way Hyunjoong couldn’t come he said he has a photo shoot this evening’, Joongki stated as he looked around the living room.

‘Of course, what do you expect? It’s Prince Jae were talking about’, Yoochun said while smiling mockingly at his friend to annoy him even more.

‘Oh ghadh will you forget about that nickname! And Hyunjoong already informed me about it’, Jae exclaimed while his friends just laughed at him.

‘Oh come on hyung! Aunty said that you have royal blood inside you, you should be proud!’, Junsu stated while eating a chicken wing.

‘It’s not even true so shut it!’, Jae warned.

‘Hey now don’t annoy his Excellency! We might get beheaded!’, Top joked as their friends laughed with him.

‘Ghadh! Why did I invite you here?’, Jae mumbled as rubbed his face, frustrated.

‘Admit it, you miss us hyung!’, Changmin said and the guys laughed even more.

‘Hey, Jae! Where did you get that doll?’, Heechul asked as he studied the beautiful doll.

‘Uh my mother gave it to me’, Jae said. One thing he learned from his mother was that nobody must know about the magical doll. It’s a secret that must never be shared to just anyone.

‘Aww I didn’t know you like dolls!’, Heechul gushed and Jae blushed.

‘Wow Jae never thought your that type’, Yunho playfully said.

‘Yah! It was a special gift from my mother so I had no choice but to take it with me’, Jae defended himself though his scarlet face did not go unnoticed by his friends.

‘Dude, you’re blushing like crazy!’, Top pointed out the ovious making them laugh harder and Jae redder.

‘Ughh! Enough about the doll and let’s just drink! I had a hard time all day so I need a cold beer and chicken, now!’, Jae tried to avert the subject and thankfully they all obliged though they still laugh about it from time to time.

The doll stared blankly at them while they continue to get drunk.

 

Someone’s POV

The doll took my interest once I entered Jae’s living room. What if it’s the doll I’m looking for? No, my grandfather said that the doll was hidden by the royal family so I don’t think the doll will be carelessly displayed in a man’s living room. The mission that my grandfather gave to me is not to be treated lightly. Finding that damned doll will not be easy as my grandfather had said. But I will look further into this. I will not take my chances and Jae’s doll might be the answer.

 

*************************************************************************************************************************

Dundundun! So which of Jae's friend looked suspicious?

He has a mission and that's to find Darabie! :O

It's either Junsu, Yoochun, Yunho, Changmin, Joongki, Heechul or Top

kekeke can't wait for the next update >.<

-Love, Rako-chii~